Author Topic: Boxing Thread  (Read 581451 times)

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
Re: Boxing Thread
« Reply #6840 on: March 31, 2021, 09:50:36 PM »
I wouldn't be convinced it was broke, and I have seen the photos, convinced the whole ornament saga was manufactured. It was another fight he wasn't properly prepared for.

Manufactured like your story, have you a link to this shite talk or did you read this from Karen on fb?

ďI used to like him? But then I read a story about himĒ, from?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #6841 on: April 01, 2021, 07:57:49 AM »
I wouldn't be convinced it was broke, and I have seen the photos, convinced the whole ornament saga was manufactured. It was another fight he wasn't properly prepared for.

You have seen the photos?

Do you mean Frampton faked the injury and then allowed someone to take photos of his 'not injured' hand, it eventually found its way to you and this is what you are basing your opinions on?

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #6842 on: April 01, 2021, 09:37:32 AM »
I think itís more to do with the typical Irish attitude of someone who does well ends up being a **** in peopleís minds. Similar to Rory McIlroy, hated for being good at golf.

HiMucker

• View Profile
« Reply #6843 on: April 01, 2021, 07:20:20 PM »
Have to say I think Frampton comes across all the time as a real likeable fella. I would find it impossible not to root for him.

nrico2006

• View Profile
« Reply #6844 on: April 02, 2021, 08:53:03 AM »
Jim in right, something in us that likes to bring successful people down.  I honestly couldn't say anything negative about Frampton.  Good role model and represents this country as good as anybody can, especially from the perspective of both sides.  This is worth a watch, only 20 odd minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J3q7vVwOE4
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #6845 on: April 02, 2021, 12:40:00 PM »
Frampton is one the best ambassadors the North has. Pure gent and great boxer. He's the very best of us. See him the Remembering Noah T-shirt at the weigh in. Pure class.

bennydorano

• View Profile
« Reply #6846 on: April 02, 2021, 03:14:00 PM »
Really looking forward to this, as Frampton is a very clever boxer I'd expect him to negate Herring's reach advantage, whether he'll be good enough to take advantage I don't know. Bookies finding it tough to split them. Love to see Frampton win but my gut feeling is Herring wins between R7-9.

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #6847 on: April 02, 2021, 04:30:52 PM »
Big size difference. I canít see frampton winning it. Heíll really need to pull it out of the bag to win it. Heís not the same boxer from 5 years ago but hopefully he has still got something there.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #6848 on: April 02, 2021, 05:34:50 PM »
Big size difference. I canít see frampton winning it. Heíll really need to pull it out of the bag to win it. Heís not the same boxer from 5 years ago but hopefully he has still got something there.

Heís fought those taller fighters before but yes he was younger then! Itís a difficult fight, I hope he comes through but if I was a betting man (and I am  ;D) Iíd take Herring, but heart says Carl
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #6849 on: April 02, 2021, 06:34:10 PM »
Surely you would get into trouble if you bet against him ;D

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #6850 on: April 02, 2021, 07:48:06 PM »
Surely you would get into trouble if you bet against him ;D

Yeah, wouldnít tell the wife!!

Herring is well put together by the looks of it, fast with the jab and his reach will keep Carl away, Carl would need to get in close.

He does a bitta show boating too, might leave him open

HiMucker

• View Profile
« Reply #6851 on: April 02, 2021, 07:51:28 PM »
Frampton is one the best ambassadors the North Ireland has. Pure gent and great boxer. He's the very best of us. See him the Remembering Noah T-shirt at the weigh in. Pure class.
fixed that for you

nrico2006

• View Profile
« Reply #6852 on: April 03, 2021, 11:22:33 AM »
Herring hasn't really fought any top fighters though and has been beaten twice, the big thing in his favour is his size but if he does struggle to make the weight you would hope that catches up with him in the later rounds.  I hope Frampton wins but if I had to put my money on it, I would go for Herring on points and mainly due to his size.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

nrico2006

• View Profile
« Reply #6853 on: April 03, 2021, 11:31:00 AM »
McKenna fight off, thats a rough one.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #6854 on: April 03, 2021, 01:01:51 PM »
Herring hasn't really fought any top fighters though and has been beaten twice, the big thing in his favour is his size but if he does struggle to make the weight you would hope that catches up with him in the later rounds.  I hope Frampton wins but if I had to put my money on it, I would go for Herring on points and mainly due to his size.

Was chatting to the father in law whoís been to almost all of Carlís fights from amateur through to now, heís 50/50 on it and used the exact same reasoning as you in terms of making the weight and tiring. I countered with Carl not being as young as he was so the tiring will certainly be a two way thing.

Hopefully heíll get another pay day, if not heíll have created a decent legacy for boxing in Belfast. Itís been a great journey for him and itís very difficult to generate support from both sides in this place and heís managed that to a tee.