I hate to say I told you so ...

Started by The Hill is Blue, October 21, 2007, 04:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on July 13, 2007, 09:03:29 AM
I'm surprised that Cavanagh seems to be a unanimous choice at midfield without a mention of Ciarán Whelan – despite the fact that Whelan has come out on top on most of the occasions that they came up against each other.

I hate to say I told you so lads .....  ;D

See my post above from July on the topic of "best XV in the country"
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Tyrone Dreamer

Hope Whelan enjoys his token gesture of an all star award from the media. It definately makes him a better player than Cavanagh who only has 2 all ireland medals and 3 all stars by the age of 24.

Tankie

Grand Slam Saturday!

Cloc Mor

Quote from: hardstation on October 21, 2007, 04:55:57 PM
Especially if he is only gloating because he is off his head on coke!

I expect the mods will leap to the defence of The Hill is Blue, like they did with Take Your Points, in view of this 'personal attack' by Hardstation.  But The Hill is Blue is not a principal of a school so it probably doesn't matter anyway.

Cloc Mor

Sorry, Hardstation, I just cant let it go.  He is getting protection from the mods.  I cant say anything about him without getting a warning from them.  And its all because of who he is.

Puckoon

Regardless of you not being able to let it go cm, you are flagrantly flouting some of the basic principles of the annonymity of this board. bang out of order.

Cloc Mor

Quote from: Puckoon on October 21, 2007, 05:54:27 PM
Regardless of you not being able to let it go cm, you are flagrantly flouting some of the basic principles of the annonymity of this board. bang out of order.

What the f**k are you on about?  He's the one who told us who he was.

Jinxy

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on October 21, 2007, 05:27:33 PM
Hope Whelan enjoys his token gesture of an all star award from the media. It definately makes him a better player than Cavanagh who only has 2 all ireland medals and 3 all stars by the age of 24.

Whelan is a better midfielder than Cavanagh. Cavanagh is a better wing forward than Whelan.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Aghdavoyle

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on October 21, 2007, 04:51:09 PM
I'm surprised that Cavanagh seems to be a unanimous choice at midfield without a mention of Ciarán Whelan – despite the fact that Whelan has come out on top on most of the occasions that they came up against each other.

Because the all star selection committee (michael lyster etc) are the leading experts on the game...

there's a very strong argument for cluxton's inclusion, but beyond that none of the other three should have been close.

on whelan, fergal doherty was the best midfielder in the country this year, followed by o'se.

Gnevin

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on October 21, 2007, 06:46:33 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on October 21, 2007, 04:51:09 PM

Because the all star selection committee (michael lyster etc) are the leading experts on the game...

there's a very strong argument for cluxton's inclusion, but beyond that none of the other three should have been close.

on whelan, fergal doherty was the best midfielder in the country this year, followed by o'se.
What are you smoking no way was he better than  O'se or Whelan he wasnt better than Murphy  or Cavanagh
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Aghdavoyle

i assume you haven't seen him play much then?

for starters, he was the dominent midfielder on display in the quarter final against the dubs

Aghdavoyle

when did a team which didn't make the final last get 4 all stars?

Gnevin

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on October 21, 2007, 08:31:25 PM

when did a team which didn't make the final last get 4 all stars?
Well Armagh got 3 in 05 when Kerry and Tyrone , contested the final unlike Cork this year and the end of the day , Cork players where so bad in the final they really played the self out of contention and with out huge performances earlier in the All-Ireland to save reflect against they where always going to struggle to pick them up
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

ONeill

Armagh were also NFL and Ulster Champs that year, playing magnificent football from Feb til late August/early Sept.

Dublin calved v Tyrone in the biggest NFL game in years and finished joint 3rd from bottom. They bate Offaly though.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

But still to give one to Canty was outrageous !