I hate to say I told you so ...

Started by The Hill is Blue, October 21, 2007, 04:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Star Spangler

As Peter Canavan once said, an All Star means very little if you haven't the All Ireland to go with it!

ludermor

The title of this thread is misleading, its quite obvious that you do not hate saying i told you so

his holiness nb

Quote from: ludermor on October 22, 2007, 10:46:45 AM
The title of this thread is misleading, its quite obvious that you do not hate saying i told you so

:D :D :D :D :D
Ask me holy bollix

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ludermor on October 22, 2007, 10:46:45 AM

What, like it should be "I'm beside myself with unfettered delight to say I told you so!"  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

saffron sam2

Quote from: Cloc Mor on October 21, 2007, 05:56:50 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on October 21, 2007, 05:54:27 PM
Regardless of you not being able to let it go cm, you are flagrantly flouting some of the basic principles of the annonymity of this board. bang out of order.

What the f**k are you on about?  He's the one who told us who he was.

You are coming across as a bit of a dick with regards to TYP, both here and on other threads. As far as I remember, it wasn't him who told us who he was, it was a case of him being outed by another poster.

I don't agree with everything that TYP has said on the Ulster Colleges thread. In fact there are many points that I fundamentally disagree with. However I don't believe that this board is the correct place for TYP to be asked to defend his postion or his professionalism. Everyone knows who he is and because of that any discussions with posters like me and you who hide behind pseudonyms are totally unfair. By all means debate your points, but do so from a level footing.

Thirdly, I can't agree with your assertion elsewhere that he spends time in school posting on this board.  If you look at his history, you will not see one post made before 4:45pm on a school day (unlike other teaching posters). I heard the jist of your post attributed to a member of the Ulster Colleges' council before you posted it here. Care to comment?

Finally, you may wish to hide your email address.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Cloc Mor

QuoteYou are coming across as a bit of a dick with regards to TYP, both here and on other threads. As far as I remember, it wasn't him who told us who he was, it was a case of him being outed by another poster.

I don't agree with everything that TYP has said on the Ulster Colleges thread. In fact there are many points that I fundamentally disagree with. However I don't believe that this board is the correct place for TYP to be asked to defend his postion or his professionalism. Everyone knows who he is and because of that any discussions with posters like me and you who hide behind pseudonyms are totally unfair. By all means debate your points, but do so from a level footing.

Thirdly, I can't agree with your assertion elsewhere that he spends time in school posting on this board.  If you look at his history, you will not see one post made before 4:45pm on a school day (unlike other teaching posters). I heard the jist of your post attributed to a member of the Ulster Colleges' council before you posted it here. Care to comment?

Finally, you may wish to hide your email address.
Comment about what?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on October 21, 2007, 04:51:09 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on July 13, 2007, 09:03:29 AM
I'm surprised that Cavanagh seems to be a unanimous choice at midfield without a mention of Ciarán Whelan – despite the fact that Whelan has come out on top on most of the occasions that they came up against each other.

I hate to say I told you so lads .....  ;D

See my post above from July on the topic of "best XV in the country"

Only a Dub would start a thread gloating about this.....Typical  ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 22, 2007, 09:42:01 PM
I'm surprised that Cavanagh seems to be a unanimous choice at midfield without a mention of Ciarán Whelan – despite the fact that Whelan has come out on top on most of the occasions that they came up against each other.

Only a Dub would start a thread gloating about this.....Typical  ::)
Only a Culchie would start a sentence with "Only a Dub......"
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Puckoon

Only a dub would call someone a culchie ;)

saffron sam2

Quote from: Cloc Mor on October 22, 2007, 09:40:26 PM
Comment about what?

Comment about the fact that a statement was made at an Ulster Colleges' meeting and you repeat it almost verbatim days later on here.

You got the email address hidden anyway.  Which is good.  Probably not your real name anyway.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Cloc Mor

Quote from: saffron sam2 on October 22, 2007, 09:47:31 PM
Quote from: Cloc Mor on October 22, 2007, 09:40:26 PM
Comment about what?

Comment about the fact that a statement was made at an Ulster Colleges' meeting and you repeat it almost verbatim days later on here.

You got the email address hidden anyway.  Which is good.  Probably not your real name anyway.

What exactly did I say then that wasn't in the public domain?

nrico2006

QuoteWhelan is a better midfielder than Cavanagh. Cavanagh is a better wing forward than Whelan.

Cavanagh is a far better footballer than Whelan!!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

whiskeysteve

thought this thread was gonna be about The Hives
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

heffo

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on October 21, 2007, 06:46:33 PM

Because the all star selection committee (michael lyster etc) are the leading experts on the game...

there's a very strong argument for cluxton's inclusion, but beyond that none of the other three should have been close.

on whelan, fergal doherty was the best midfielder in the country this year, followed by o'se.

Doherty didn't catch a ball in the qtr final until Muldoon kneed Whelan in the back, with Whelan barely able to walk and unable to train  for the next ten days.

heffo

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 23, 2007, 10:10:49 AM
QuoteWhelan is a better midfielder than Cavanagh. Cavanagh is a better wing forward than Whelan.

Cavanagh is a far better footballer than Whelan!!

That's probably correct, but as Jinkxy said, Whelan is a better midfielder.