Leinster Club Championship

Started by Dinny Breen, October 18, 2007, 02:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cill_dara

St Vincents claim they didnt know that Extra time had to be played , whereas senchelstown were happy to play extra time.
Was the fact that senchelstown would get back to 15 players anything to do with Vincents not knowing about extra time? It also makes Baltinglass feel even more hard done by in not getting a chance to play in the leinster club.

his holiness nb

Quote from: cill_dara on November 11, 2007, 05:39:07 PM
St Vincents claim they didnt know that Extra time had to be played , whereas senchelstown were happy to play extra time.
Was the fact that senchelstown would get back to 15 players anything to do with Vincents not knowing about extra time? It also makes Baltinglass feel even more hard done by in not getting a chance to play in the leinster club.

Should have went to extra time, the fixtures said "extra time if necessary".
I want into the replay for free!!!!  >:(

Entertaining game, Vincents should have had the game won by half time, but ended up lucky to hang on for the draw.

Quinn and Connolly were very poor for Vincents, Ger Brennan was the only one of the 3 Dubs looking like an intercounty player.
Joe Sheridan very impressive for Senchalstown.
Ask me holy bollix

Louth Exile

Whoever wins will have their hands full with Portlaoise, saw them destroy the Louth champions (who are no bad side.... when they play) They have players of the calibre of Zach Tuohy, Colm Parkinson & Kevin Fitzpatrick. They also have two corner fowards (Peter Mc Nulty and Barry Fitzgerald) who simply don't miss frees. The radio report said that Vincents had kicked 7 wides within the first 22 minutes, you won't find the lads from Laois being that wastefull.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Jinxy

I think Senechalstown will win the replay. They'll be happy to be playing in Navan, and their corner forward who scored 9 points in the county final will not be as bad the next day. They were too one dimensional today. They should play like they did in the replay against O'Mahonys. Mix it up a bit more and don't be so conservative. You can lump ball in on top of Big Joe all day and he'll win more than he's entitled to, but it's hardly the way forward at this level of football.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Louth Exile

Quote from: Jinxy on November 11, 2007, 09:00:56 PM
You can lump ball in on top of Big Joe all day and he'll win more than he's entitled to, but it's hardly the way forward at this level of football.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but by in large is that not what has got them this far?
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

INDIANA

i would be pretty surprised if senchalstown won the replay- their style of play is too predictable and i don't believe they have enough overall. portlaoise though have to be the favourites for the leinster championship.

his holiness nb

Quote from: INDIANA on November 12, 2007, 07:58:10 AM
i would be pretty surprised if senchalstown won the replay- their style of play is too predictable and i don't believe they have enough overall. portlaoise though have to be the favourites for the leinster championship.

I wouldnt, Vincents were lucky to hang on in the end. Plus as Jinxy said their top scorer had an off day, if he hits anywhere near the the nine he hit in the county final replay it will be very very interesting, plus Mossy may well miss out next week as he shortened his holiday in the states for sundays game and if I'm not mistaken is back out there now.
Ask me holy bollix

INDIANA

he's not back out there and is staying at home.

Gnevin

Vinny's manager is out for sure.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

his holiness nb

Quote from: INDIANA on November 12, 2007, 11:16:21 AM

Good news, now all he needs to do is play next week, wasnt too hot yesterday.
Ask me holy bollix

Gnevin

Quote from: his holiness nb on November 12, 2007, 11:21:06 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on November 12, 2007, 11:16:21 AM

Good news, now all he needs to do is play next week, wasnt too hot yesterday.
I dont think anyone was it was fooking freezing
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Jinxy

Quote from: Louth Exile on November 11, 2007, 09:05:56 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on November 11, 2007, 09:00:56 PM
You can lump ball in on top of Big Joe all day and he'll win more than he's entitled to, but it's hardly the way forward at this level of football.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but by in large is that not what has got them this far?

Like I said, they mixed it up a lot more in the county final replay and ended up winning the game comfortably. The wing backs drove forward a lot more too. They were hitting nice low crossfield balls into Joe who was out in front every time. Thats what they should go back to. As soon as the ball got to midfield against Vincents, every man and his dog knew what was coming. High dropping ball into Joe. I felt yesterday that they should have moved the young corner forward Clarke out the field to pick up a few breaks, get on the ball and get involved in the game. Instead Brian Sheridan seemed to end up doing a lot of chasing out around midfield and back into his own half (when he's not really match fit). Even though he wasn't fully fit you could still see that he is all class.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

blueboy

Is Mossy definitely staying in Dublin?? I heard from one player that he was but another club member told me that he was flying out to the states for a few days and probably coming back for the replay???

Gnevin

Hardly worth a 6 + hour flight , jet lag etc for 4 days.

Roseyland

Moorefield and Tyrellspass might not be played Sunday. Moorfield have appeald the suspensions and loss of home venue. Should the game go ahead Sunday it will be in Mullingar as opposed to the originally fixed Newbridge. I fancy Tyrellspass in this one.