Leinster Club Championship

Started by Dinny Breen, October 18, 2007, 02:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darbyo

Very harsh taking home field advantage off Moorfield, since when was that kind of punishment part of the disciplinary process?

Roseyland

My own club are involved in the leinster JFC semi final replay and lost home venue for next Sunday (due to incidents involving referee), so i suppose its a standard issue punishment.

darbyo

Really, considering it punishes supporters as much as players it seems a bit unnecessary to me. I wonder can supporters appeal to the DRA for getting puinished even though they did doing nothing wrong.

Roseyland

Quote from: darbyo on December 05, 2007, 11:08:36 PM
Really, considering it punishes supporters as much as players it seems a bit unnecessary to me. I wonder can supporters appeal to the DRA for getting puinished even though they did doing nothing wrong.

In my clubs case it was the supporters at fault and there will not be an appeal,  so i suppose the situation is different for moorefield.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Roseyland on December 05, 2007, 10:50:21 PM
My own club are involved in the leinster JFC semi final replay and lost home venue for next Sunday (due to incidents involving referee), so i suppose its a standard issue punishment.

Was the ref that bad in the first game? There was a shocking difference in the frees awarded to either team anyway. Best of luck for the replay, whatever doesn't kill yous... Would love to see the Pass do it as well although the way it's looking they'll be lucky to have a run out before Christmas...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Dinny Breen

In fairness the player appeals deserve to fail...

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=qjq5egNNzOc

Can't agree with the switching of venues, totally wrong and unjust...
#newbridgeornowhere

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 06, 2007, 01:33:56 PM

In fairness the player appeals deserve to fail...

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=qjq5egNNzOc

Can't agree with the switching of venues, totally wrong and unjust...

Dunno about that Dinny, the more penalties like this we can put in place, the more these scenes should be discouraged (hopefully)...

Dinny Breen

If it was to a neutral venue yes there might be some reasoning but why give Tyrellspass an advantage or St Vincents in the final if they get there. Moorefield were lucky enough to have the home draw but by taking it away they are not only punishing Moorefield but rewarding Tyrellspass, that can't be right?

Can you imagine the fuss if the Dubs were involved in brawl (can't imagine that) and they were told to play all their remaining Championship games at their opponents ground, it would never happen because there is no consistency in the application of the rules as regards punishment..
#newbridgeornowhere

Roseyland

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on December 06, 2007, 09:34:26 AM
Quote from: Roseyland on December 05, 2007, 10:50:21 PM

Was the ref that bad in the first game? There was a shocking difference in the frees awarded to either team anyway. Best of luck for the replay, whatever doesn't kill yous... Would love to see the Pass do it as well although the way it's looking they'll be lucky to have a run out before Christmas...

Yeah there were some very dodgy decisions made, among others: 2 of the most blatant penalties were not awarded, the first where a player was 3 yards inside the 14 (in front of goals), fouled and the ref awarded a 14 yard free. The second where the opposing goalkeeper fumbled the ball, oncoming forward caught it, attempted to round the goalkeeper and was tripped by the keepers outstretched hand, the ref waved play on! About a minute and a half left In extra time, draw game, we have the ball, drive it into corner forward in scoring position, full time whistle sounds.
As you can understand the mentors and supporters were not pleased with this and surrounded referee as he left field, not condoning this whatsoever, but this is why incident occurred.
Thankfully we're still in it and hope to put in a good performance Sunday.

Croí na hÉireann

Good weekend for the Westmeath clubs, well done to both. Caught the delayed coverage on TG4, looked poor enough conditions but Tyrrellspass deserved to scrape through. Will have to sigiificantly improve to stand a chance against St. Vincents though. MOTM was TJ Gonoud, looks a great prospect. Flan and Glennon took the plaudits but as per usual were found wanting at times, Gonoud looked like a good old fashioned footballing center half. Bench looked pretty weak for Tyrrellspass, hopefully de other Glennon will recover and do something at senior level.

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 06, 2007, 07:00:31 PM
If it was to a neutral venue yes there might be some reasoning but why give Tyrellspass an advantage or St Vincents in the final if they get there. Moorefield were lucky enough to have the home draw but by taking it away they are not only punishing Moorefield but rewarding Tyrellspass, that can't be right?

Can you imagine the fuss if the Dubs were involved in brawl (can't imagine that) and they were told to play all their remaining Championship games at their opponents ground, it would never happen because there is no consistency in the application of the rules as regards punishment..

I see what u mean about rewarding the opposition but as far as I'm concerned we need as many deterents as possible and in my eyes forcing teams to play away can only help. Croke Park isn't (supposed to be) Dublins home ground.

Captain Scarlet

I see the Indo have it all over the back page about Moorefield supporter skelpin the ref.
Feel sorry for the club who are having their name ruined thanks to Cliona Foley and Colm Keys going to town on these incidents.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

tayto

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on December 10, 2007, 02:09:23 PM
Croke Park isn't (supposed to be) Dublins home ground.

indeed. we'd probably have a better record for the last 15 years if we played all those important championship matches at home in the nell. Then again ... probably not! ... dont see why dublin have been dragged into this conversation mind you.

INDIANA

dublin had to be mentioned tayto it's been too long. :'( :'(
if a moorefield fan hit the ref the club deserves to have their name in lights. They gained no friends appealing blatant suspensions for striking so i've no sympathy for them. they got off lucky in my view. as regards the final vincents are 4-11 with the bookmakers- it'll be  a lot closer than that but i think if vins play to form they'll pull through  by a couple of points. In contrast to the views above i thought glennon was  a different class to anything else on the pitch. great performance.

Farrandeelin

Where is the Leinster final on? Is it in Parnell Park?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Isnt it fixed for Páirc Cíosóig ?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM