Leinster Club Championship

Started by Dinny Breen, October 18, 2007, 02:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Sun Oct 21st
1. Clongeen (WX) v Moorefield

1st rnd Oct 28th
3. Palatine/Eire Og (CW) v Tullamore (OY)
5. CILL MHANTAIN v Crokes/Judes/Brigids/Vincents (D)

Q/F November 11th
4. 3 v Mullingar Shamrocks/Tyrellspass (WH)
2. 1 v Dromard (LD)
6. 5 v Navan O'Mahonys/Seneschalstown (MH)
7. St Patricks (LH) v Portlaoise (LS)

S/F Nov 25th
8. 2 v 4
9. 6 v 7

Dec 9th
CRAOBH: 8 v 9

Moorefield are definitely in the easy side of draw, no excuse not to make the final...
#newbridgeornowhere

his holiness nb

I'd expect Navan to fill the Meath slot, strong team and coming into form at the right time.
Ask me holy bollix

Declan

QuoteI'd expect Navan to fill the Meath slot, strong team and coming into form at the right time.
They'd be faves alright but they didn't have to be that good to beat us :(

Fairly confident as well - bumped into a few of them coming out of Croker last night

INDIANA

dublin final fixed for the 29th so that match vs the wicklow champs will have to go back.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 18, 2007, 02:48:38 PMMoorefield are definitely in the easy side of draw, no excuse not to make the final...

I think Tyrrellspass (provided they get that far) will have something to say about that...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Billys Boots

QuoteMoorefield are definitely in the easy side of draw, no excuse not to make the final

Well, if they've any football in them they'll beat the Swamp Critters.  ::)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Dinny Breen

Jaysus sensitive souls around here...

The Dublin champs (Crokes '05, Bridgid's '03), Laois champs (Portlaoise '04), Meath champs (Dunshaughlin '02) and Wicklow champs (Rathnew '01), who are the counties who accounted for the previous 5 Leinster champions before Moorefield, are all on the other side of the draw. Moorefield play Clongeen on Sunday who won their first championship in a 100 odd years last Sunday and are probably still on the beer. Win that and they play Dromard, who haven't had a game in about 6 weeks....

So it's all set up for them, they should make the final and as reigning champs they will be favourites to do so....
#newbridgeornowhere

Billys Boots

QuoteJaysus sensitive souls around here

I didn't see any ...
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Captain Scarlet

Tyrellspass are waiting on lads to come back to full fitness and weren't firing on all cylinders all year.
the glennon bros are a year older and flanagan is still class.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on October 18, 2007, 04:53:57 PM
Tyrellspass are waiting on lads to come back to full fitness and weren't firing on all cylinders all year.
the glennon bros are a year older and flanagan is still class.

What he said... They do have a tightly knit Mullingar Shamrocks to defeat on Sunday first mind...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Gnevin

Quote from: drici on November 05, 2007, 05:53:45 PM
Walkover for St Vincents of Dublin against Wicklow Champions as a result of the drawn game between Baltinglass and Rathnew in the Wicklow Senior Football Final on Sunday.
St Vincents now go on to meet Seneschalstown of Meath.
3 empty months to complete the championship. The Wicklow County board should be Ashamed of it self .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

his holiness nb

Quote from: his holiness nb on October 18, 2007, 02:51:14 PM
I'd expect Navan to fill the Meath slot, strong team and coming into form at the right time.

:o
Ask me holy bollix

tayto

There was a big complicated appeal over a ref getting the score wrong, draged on for six weeks! ... must be very frustrating for the players  ???

Jinxy

Quote from: his holiness nb on November 05, 2007, 06:00:22 PM
Quote from: his holiness nb on October 18, 2007, 02:51:14 PM

:o

Senechalstown were full value for the win. Big Joe is back in form and they had a wee slip of a corner forward who was kicking free's off the ground from 50 metres out. They should give Vincents a good rattle. A pity GG isn't still with them but maybe they wouldn't have done as well if they had him.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dinny Breen

Wicklow have been thrown out, very unfair on the clubs involved  >:(
#newbridgeornowhere