Gaelic Games 2 (For PS2)

Started by westmayo, October 18, 2007, 02:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Where are yous buying these games lads?

Game are still selling them for £35.00 each which is f**king ridiculous!

Im in the north, anyone know how much that Gamestop (or whatever you call them) are selling them for?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

David McKeown

2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

pintsofguinness

Gamestop?
I'll have to make a trip there tomorrow.

What armagh clubs is on the football game?

Bogball XV

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 29, 2007, 08:12:52 PM
Where are yous buying these games lads?

Game are still selling them for £35.00 each which is f**king ridiculous!

Im in the north, anyone know how much that Gamestop (or whatever you call them) are selling them for?
Game in Dublin had them for €33 each

corn02

Yes Xtravision is now 59.99 for the two.

Eh off the top of my head Pints - Cross, Killeavy Mullaghbawn Silverbridge (I am near sure) Mullabrack cant think of anymore. Dromintee not in it.

David McKeown

Quote from: 5iveTimes on November 29, 2007, 08:50:25 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on November 29, 2007, 08:46:17 PM
25 each
WHERE?

Gamestop in Cornmarket I picked them up on Monday as a Christmas present for my nephes I dont think it was a special offer

Rav67

I ordered the 2-game package for £50 (+£6 delivery to England, not sure if its cheaper at home ) from the gaastore.com

pintsofguinness

They were £30.00 each in Gamestop.

I got the two game package for £54.99 in HMV.

Still £35.00 each in game.

pintsofguinness

Am I missing something, how do you score a goal? (in the football)

pintsofguinness

pintsofguinness

Spent hours last night playing the football.  I give it 6/10. 
It's not Pro evolution, it's not Fifa but I was pleasantly surprised and found it quite enjoyable. 
The rules are a bit dodgy as you can "charge" someone from behind.  I'd a player sent off when for jumping up for the ball though. 
The steps are also dodgy, you're not allowed to sprint for more than 4 steps but the player still might run for 10 or 12 steps. 
The scoring is so much better - it's actually easier to score points than goals in this one and the final score usually reflects something like you'd get in a real match.  I love the way when you have the ball the yellow arrows will appear to let you know where your players are off screen - this is excellent, I've never seen it in other sports games and it's amazing the makers of FIFA and Pro Evolution never thought of it!   The hurling one will get a run out later.

Louth Exile

The most annoying rule discrepancy in it is the square ball rule, if your player just goes into the square its a free against you, even if he doesn't touch the ball!!! There have been some rules improvements, such as free from where the ball lands.

I had the brother in law down at the weekend (a Dub soccer head) and he gave me a bloody pasting  :'(
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

pintsofguinness

QuoteThe most annoying rule discrepancy in it is the square ball rule, if your player just goes into the square its a free against you, even if he doesn't touch the ball!!!
Yes!

David McKeown

Just started playing the game there tonight and im quite impressed.  One question is it possible to save the names and if so has anyone came accross a list of the right names for all the teams anywhere.  If not ill have to start my own I suppose might be difficult to find the club teams mind.

Rav67

Quote from: David McKeown on December 30, 2007, 12:38:56 AM
Just started playing the game there tonight and im quite impressed.  One question is it possible to save the names and if so has anyone came accross a list of the right names for all the teams anywhere.  If not ill have to start my own I suppose might be difficult to find the club teams mind.

Think you just have to do it yourself manually.  I just changed my own club's strip and changed some players in the team, and done a few players in the Derry team (name and appearance).  You can't change anyone's ability but you can change their preferred position.