Gaelic Games 2 (For PS2)

Started by westmayo, October 18, 2007, 02:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogball XV

So if I had only €35 to spend, which?  Bearing in mind I'd be from football land really.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Bogball XV on November 13, 2007, 09:20:51 PM
So if I had only €35 to spend, which?  Bearing in mind I'd be from football land really.

Well if you were from the Moon(or Dublin 4 :P ) and had no idea of Football or Hurling I would say go for the Hurling game,but then again I was rared on Hurling where im from so maybe im being influnced by that but i do think the Hurling Playstation game is a better and more fun game to play
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Louth Exile

Quote from: his holiness nb on November 13, 2007, 05:53:05 PM
Have to wait till christmas as its on Mrs Santas list, can anyone do me the favour of posting the lists of clubs from Meath and Dublin available on this game?
There are ten clubs for each county, off the top of my head some of the Meath ones are Drumree  ??? Rathoath  ??? Trim, Slane  ???, Athboy  ??? Donboyne (I think) of course Navan being the biggest town in the county and having two of the best Senior teams in the county in it doesn't feature  ???
Its all immaterial if you ask me, I spent about twenty minutes (thats all it took) change the names of the all the club teams in Louth to actual senior teams (well one of them is intermediate now actually  :'() and giving them their proper colours. The only way to go with it, as you seem to get a fair degree of similar jerseys if you leave it as is.

While I will admit that the hurling is a better game, given that I am from big ball country, if I could only keep one it would actually have to be the football
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Bogball XV

Quote from: Louth Exile on November 13, 2007, 09:52:12 PM
While I will admit that the hurling is a better game, given that I am from big ball country, if I could only keep one it would actually have to be the football
Feck it, i'll get the hurling, my mate has the football, so I'll nick it off him, or maybe even swap when I'm sick of it!

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Louth Exile on November 13, 2007, 09:52:12 PM
Its all immaterial if you ask me, I spent about twenty minutes (thats all it took) change the names of the all the club teams in Louth to actual senior teams (well one of them is intermediate now actually  :'() and giving them their proper colours. The only way to go with it, as you seem to get a fair degree of similar jerseys if you leave it as is.
Were ye relegated? After being champions last year? That's some fall if so.

Doesn't take long to change it about alright, but it seems you can only change so many clubs, altered the lot in Sligo, Mayo and a few Galway and Ros clubs, so that revenge for Kent Park '05 could be secured. :)

Galwaybhoy

Lads the hurling game is very good.  I bought the double pack but haven't played the football one yet.  The one problem is the goalkeepers are shite.  Also the game is a bit too easy.  I'm doing the manager mode at the moment just because you can do more than one season with that.  I'm Galway and beat Offaly 3-17 to 2-14 but was brought back down to earth by Cork as they beat me 4-17 to 2-17.  But I feel I'll have to put it up to "senior" difficulty because I need the challenge.  Once I win the All-Ireland with Galway I might try to get Warickishire up to Liam McCarthy cup level.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on November 14, 2007, 10:11:33 AM
Lads the hurling game is very good.  I bought the double pack but haven't played the football one yet.  The one problem is the goalkeepers are shite.  Also the game is a bit too easy.  I'm doing the manager mode at the moment just because you can do more than one season with that.  I'm Galway and beat Offaly 3-17 to 2-14 but was brought back down to earth by Cork as they beat me 4-17 to 2-17.  But I feel I'll have to put it up to "senior" difficulty because I need the challenge.  Once I win the All-Ireland with Galway I might try to get Warickishire up to Liam McCarthy cup level.
do you get to play in the manager mode?

DMarsden

You boys are all gamers of sorts so someone might be able to advise me... i have an xbox 360 and want to play online. i have internet in the house. is there some sort of connection i need to get online? can it be done wireless as the net connection is the other end of the house? is there anything else i need?

imtommygunn

Xbox 360 wireless doesn't come as standard. You'd need to buy a "bridge" I think it's called. You can get the online - I think they're 50 odd quid or so(stg not yoyos...).

After that you should be fine. You might need to open some ports but don't worry about that until you've the wireless sorted as it may not be a problem.

If you're close enough to your wireless router then just get some ethernet cable.

After that just buy a subscription and Bob's yer uncle.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Bogball XV on November 14, 2007, 10:34:38 AM
Quote from: Galwaybhoy on November 14, 2007, 10:11:33 AM
do you get to play in the manager mode?

Ya you do.

Doire abú

Is Ballinderry (Derry) in her?

Bogball XV

Quote from: Doire abú on November 15, 2007, 01:43:49 AM
Is Ballinderry (Derry) in her?

they are - the glen boys might not be too happy though, they're known as 'Garvagh'!!!

corn02

Rented it out last weekend. A big improvement but still not good enough to buy for me. The running, passing and steps are all obviously from the Aussie Rules game.

Bogball XV

What camera angle do people prefer playing on?  I've been playing the hurling and I reckon the High End angle is the best.  Hurling keepers are really bad, it's a major drawback.  Also, why use the same club names for football and hurling?  FFS, how much effort would it have required to sort these out properly?  Why am I not given the option of scoring directly from a '65 - maybe I am, but it's early days yet.

Owenmoresider

One little quirk I noticed is that when you win a final, you have the bit with the celebrations with the cup (not much though), showing the team posing with the cup in front of the Hill. Yet when Kilkenny beat Dublin in the Leinster final, where were they lined up? Yep, at the Canal End. Should try out Mayo to see what happens, but it's probably impossible to an AIF with them anyway. :P