st Gerard Majella novena

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, October 16, 2007, 12:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh4SamAgain

This is the last day of the very holy novena that the have every year for st Gerard Majella in Dundalk. its a very holy thing and lasts for 9 days and every body round are way goes so they do an its always in dundalk. theres sines in all the shops windos about it incase any body forgets to go and the priest tells you at mass to go cause its a good holy thing to do
its on 10 times every day and theres a relic that you prey to for pettions that you want like passin the 11 plus and things like that

Today is the feast day of St gerard majella an the novena always ends on his feast day and goes on really late at night withj candles.

Heres where it is an its not to late to still go to it tonite

does any body else go an is there novenas in other chapels to. ill put more stuff about it 2moro
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

aontroim abu

Try the Clonard Novena - 9 days long 8 or 9 masses ach day , standing room only

Feckitt

Armagh4Samagain you really remind me of Pudsy Ryan from the Far East magazine which we got in P5.  He spelt everything as he said it, and used no punctuation.  We had to "translate" Pudsy into proper English.  Did anyone else do this at school?

Snowed Under

Quote from: Armagh4SamAgain on October 16, 2007, 12:08:48 PM
does any body else go an is there novenas in other chapels to. ill put more stuff about it 2moro

I'm sure everyone will be waiting with baited breath.  ::)

his holiness nb

Cheer up Snowed Under, you could go and pray that you wont be caught by the speed cameras on the way home  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

pintsofguinness

or that, with all those children you have, no one will question your fertility.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

full back

Quote from: Feckitt on October 16, 2007, 12:32:17 PM
Armagh4Samagain you really remind me of Pudsy Ryan from the Far East magazine which we got in P5.  He spelt everything as he said it, and used no punctuation.  We had to "translate" Pudsy into proper English.  Did anyone else do this at school?

Did this as well feckitt although I think A4SA is a lot shrewder than Pudsy

Snowed Under

Quote from: his holiness nb on October 16, 2007, 12:40:51 PM
Cheer up Snowed Under, you could go and pray that you wont be caught by the speed cameras on the way home  ;)

I take it you have a statue in the Church; a walking talking living saint; tell me what cleaning agent do you use for your halo.  ::)

Snowed Under

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 16, 2007, 12:44:37 PM
or that, with all those children you have, no one will question your fertility.

And you could pray that you could have some; or else give thanks that you can't. 

Pietas

Quote from: Feckitt on October 16, 2007, 12:32:17 PM

Hillarious and well spotted.  I used to read Pudsy, alright, but never had to clean up his copy.  I think he was Ireland only dyslexic diarist.
In Roman mythology, Pietas was the goddess of duty to one's state, gods and family.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Snowed Under on October 16, 2007, 12:58:12 PM

I take it you have a statue in the Church; a walking talking living saint; tell me what cleaning agent do you use for your halo.  ::)

Your a right grump Snowed under  ;)

I dont approve of deliberate speeding = I'm a saint.
This getting to heaven craic is easy.

Its not too late to change your ways Snowed Under, god wants you to slow down.

p.s. the comment to Pints is way out of line.

Ask me holy bollix

Gabriel_Hurl

he was already warned about this shite yesterday

Snowed Under

Quote from: his holiness nb on October 16, 2007, 02:38:45 PM
Quote from: Snowed Under on October 16, 2007, 12:58:12 PM

Your a right grump Snowed under  ;)
I dont approve of deliberate speeding = I'm a saint.
This getting to heaven craic is easy.

Its not too late to change your ways Snowed Under, god wants you to slow down.

p.s. the comment to Pints is way out of line.

I love the holier than now attitude that you take.  As for the comments to pints - yeah it was totally and utterly pathetic as was his comments to me. 

his holiness nb

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 16, 2007, 02:43:44 PM

Doesnt seem the most easy going person, seems to get into a row in every thread he posts.
I've a 50/50 row / non row ratio  ;D
Ask me holy bollix

his holiness nb

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 16, 2007, 02:43:44 PM

And trying to get me into another one I see!

But I'm holier than he so I'll turn the other cheek!

Ask me holy bollix