Univeristy season 2007/08

Started by SuperHans, September 21, 2007, 03:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperHans

Well the semester starts next week altho theres plenty of noisy students about already. Just wondering which of the brightest new talent has gone to which uni and who has left. Think i read James Kielt is going to Queens

Surely Dan McCartan, K McGourty and G okane have left last years sigerson champions QUB. Likewise the poly have bound to lost P Donnelly, F Moriarty and P Mooney or are they all doing Jim McGuinesses.

BennyHarp

Speaking of Jim McGuinness i believe he is in the frame for the Donegal job! Can anyone confirm that? Whats his history since he stopped playing?
That was never a square ball!!

donegal gael

belfast metropolitan college (bifhe)  for the last few years are in the ryan cup and sigerson this year

David McKeown

Quote from: SuperHans on September 21, 2007, 03:27:13 PM
Well the semester starts next week altho theres plenty of noisy students about already. Just wondering which of the brightest new talent has gone to which uni and who has left. Think i read James Kielt is going to Queens

Surely Dan McCartan, K McGourty and G okane have left last years sigerson champions QUB. Likewise the poly have bound to lost P Donnelly, F Moriarty and P Mooney or are they all doing Jim McGuinesses.

Not sure about Dan but im pretty sure Kevin and Gerard have left.  Gerard is the same age I am and he was only there 4 years (I'm going into my 5 th year as a Queens student), and Kevin was VPCS of the union for three years after his degree thats how he got to play.  Both will be missed as they were very good in the final last year
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

donegal gael

mc guinness is in the frame along with mc ivor, charlie mulgrew and donal reid.. mc guinness has a good enough pedigree having managed glenties to the club championship in 2005 he is sytill inexperienced in terms of county management... he is supposed to be a very good coach and would be up to date with the leatest sports science etc.. he was doing the finn harps fitness training during their pre season..

Rav67

QuoteRe: Univeristy season 2007/08

:-\. You should be attending the bastion of all things FHE, Jordanstown, 'hans if thats your attempt at spelling  ;)

Our Nail Loney

Backed QUB last year but think my money will be on UUJ this year

darbyo

QuoteBacked QUB last year but think my money will be on UUJ this year

Why, who have they got? and when is the draw for the league taking place?

whiskeysteve

Que Sera

When I was just a little boy
I asked my mother what would I be? ???
Will I be Queens? Will I be Poly? ???
Heres what she said to me

Wash your mouth out son >:(
And go get your father's gun
And we'll shoot some Poly scum 8)

Que Sera Sera

QUB, NA NA NA, QUB, NA NA NAA
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Our Nail Loney

Its just they had the makings of a good team last year and they still have a lot of their players unlike QUB who are losing the core of their team.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still be rooting for QUB!

Plus a poster on here with a German name  told me to back them!!!!

orangeman

Jordanstown are supposed to have a great side this year ( but then come to think of it , they always have a great side ) but always seem to flop - too many individuals ?

redandblackjack

Poly have a right team this year, a couple of additions to be confirmed plus a good core of last years side who just missed out. Pete Donnelly is only in final year so he will play again this year. Surely the Queen will find a computers course for the boul Mcgourty, maybe he could learn how to hide his e-mail address on the gaaboard?! Did Dan MC ever finish his? Did he even go! Should be another cracking Sigerson.

Rav67

Any GAABoarders playing for British university teams this year?

orangeman

Donnelly had some game for Coalisland today in the semi final - he took one particular catch in the second half which was worth the admission price alone !

SuperHans

Sorry Rav after a good education at QUB i was dumbed down after a year at a polytechnic.

See the gaelic life did a good feature there on friday about the Uni season

I hear Northumbria hav a decent team, a load of derry boys gone over and one of them connollys from Newtonbutler