Univeristy season 2007/08

Started by SuperHans, September 21, 2007, 03:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

behind the wire

what was mcgourty's gaa board name?
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

Puckoon

Quote from: SuperHans on September 21, 2007, 03:27:13 PM
Well the semester starts next week altho theres plenty of noisy students about already. Just wondering which of the brightest new talent has gone to which uni and who has left. Think i read James Kielt is going to Queens

Surely Dan McCartan, K McGourty and G okane have left last years sigerson champions QUB. Likewise the poly have bound to lost P Donnelly, F Moriarty and P Mooney or are they all doing Jim McGuinesses.

Kevin finally left college!!!
Van wilder eat your heart out :D :D :D

DownFanatic

Andy Moran (Mayo), Charlie Harrison (Sligo), Karl Lacey (Donegal), Barry Dunnion (Donegal) and James McGovern (Down) have all been offered and have accepted scholarships to study at UUJ this year.

Our Nail Loney

James isn't playing for UUJ as far as I know, could be wrong though

rolloutking

QuoteI hear Northumbria hav a decent team, a load of derry boys gone over and one of them connollys from Newtonbutler

Yes you are correct Northumbria have a good team. I know at least 4 Armagh fellas away over, 2 of them county minors with one also St Pats MacRory captain.

DownFanatic

Great result for Queens tonight at Pairc Esler in the Quarter Finals of the Ryan Cup. They beat UCD 2-11 to 0-12. Paul McComiskey the starman for Queens bagging 2-06 while Mickey Ward hit 0-03 and Micheal O'Rourke 0-02. It was great to see 6 Down men on the panel namely McComiskey, Luke Howard, Cathal Crilly, Conor Maginn, Jamie O'Reilly and Benny McArdle.

DMarsden

you wouldn't have any team lists for queens?

DownFanatic

Queens Starting 15 v UCD last night

1. K.Winters (Not sure what county?)
2. R.Dillon (Derry)
3. L.Howard (Down)
4. P.Treanor (Tyrone)
5. D.O'Neill (Tyrone)
6. J.O'Kane (Derry)
7. J.Crozier (Antrim)
8. C.Vernon (Armagh)
9. P. Courtney (Armagh)
10. J.O'Reilly (Down)
11. C.Maginn (Down)
12. B.McArdle (Down)
13. P.McComiskey (Down)
14. M.O'Rourke (Armagh)
15. M.Ward (Tyrone)

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: DownFanatic on November 14, 2007, 10:57:27 PM
Great result for Queens tonight at Pairc Esler in the Quarter Finals of the Ryan Cup. They beat UCD 2-11 to 0-12. Paul McComiskey the starman for Queens bagging 2-06 while Mickey Ward hit 0-03 and Micheal O'Rourke 0-02. It was great to see 6 Down men on the panel namely McComiskey, Luke Howard, Cathal Crilly, Conor Maginn, Jamie O'Reilly and Benny McArdle.

Always been a good contigent of Mourne men on the QUB team in recent years. 2 McCartans, Aidan Carr, James McGovern, Joe Ireland, Mark Rooney and Luke Howard were all on the panel last year and the first 4 were key in winning the Sigerson
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

darbyo

Do any ye know what the results from todays Division 1 All Ireland league games?

tyrone86

Any word on the Poly v Queen's game this evening?

corn02

tyrone86

Our Nail Loney

corn02

Ehh see the Irish News.

Ciaran Donnelly done most of the damage for UUJ while James Kielt gave an exhibition in freetaking for QUB - he got 8 points. Vernon and Courtney very good in the middle.