Rats - any good stories?

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, September 17, 2007, 10:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ha ha derry

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on September 17, 2007, 11:50:27 PM
They say that rats eat a quarter of the world's grain. Feck me! Now I'm not a practising Catholic no more than I'm a practising Homosexual - why are catholics and homosexuals always practising? Is it that hard to become one? Homosexuals, excuse the pun... Say for example that rats fecked off with bread at the last supper... then we'd all be fecking protestants!  :o
mmm... start of a good book me thinks.

High Wide and Handsome

Quote from: illdecide on October 21, 2009, 12:03:49 PM
I used to work in a Galvanising plant and one day we caught a rat, it was injured from the size 10 steel toe boots. A guy i worked with at the time picked it up by the tail (wearing big red waterproof gloves that go up to your elbow) and carried it over to the Galvanising bath that was full of boiling Zinc, he threw the rat into the bath. Remember Zinc is very dense and the rat floated on top like it was on ice but the squeals of that fecker will always live with me as it bounced around the top of the zinc bath. As the heat built up the rat started to swell and then popped to which the squealing stopped...deadly way to finish him off but ya had to see it to believe it

thats just sick!
"Swing er over!"

The Iceman

Great book for anyone from the country or anyone who ever did a bit of hunting called "Of pedigree unknown"
It tells a lot of stories about rats, rat catchers and the like.  In some pubs back in the day before jaundice was a problem they had pits where local dogs were thrown in to face their weight in rats.  The quickest kills won.

Also remember an old farmer saying the only way to get rid of rats was to catch one alive and starve it to near death then let him out and he will eat the rest of the rats.

I hate the things now in fairness
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

maddog

Quote from: Orior on October 21, 2009, 03:45:09 PM
Quote from: Hardy on October 21, 2009, 03:22:55 PM
Quote from: rolloutking on October 21, 2009, 02:07:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAhXCu-RsSg&feature=related

Sick

Agreed. I'm disgusted with myself for watching the whole thing. I'm reporting you Orior.

What was the snake waiting on for jesus sake. Bit sick alright. I hate rats with a passion also, had one in the garden there that appeared after my Indian neighbour took to feeding the birds with bread directly onto her patio. (Indians have a different attitide towards rats than us - ever see that place in India where they actually feed them) It ran across the patio at the same time every night more or less so i borrowed a mates air rifle and waited for him. 5 nights in a row no sign so i thought one of the foxes living at the end of the garden had got him. Gave the rifle back to my mate and returned home to see the little bastard marching across the patio again.
The squirrels are highly active at the minute - wee shites are ripping the straw like lining out of the hanging baskets for their nests.

Onion Bag

Quote from: maddog on October 21, 2009, 03:57:47 PM
Quote from: Orior on October 21, 2009, 03:45:09 PM
Quote from: Hardy on October 21, 2009, 03:22:55 PM
Quote from: rolloutking on October 21, 2009, 02:07:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAhXCu-RsSg&feature=related

Sick

Agreed. I'm disgusted with myself for watching the whole thing. I'm reporting you Orior.

What was the snake waiting on for jesus sake. Bit sick alright. I hate rats with a passion also, had one in the garden there that appeared after my Indian neighbour took to feeding the birds with bread directly onto her patio. (Indians have a different attitide towards rats than us - ever see that place in India where they actually feed them) It ran across the patio at the same time every night more or less so i borrowed a mates air rifle and waited for him. 5 nights in a row no sign so i thought one of the foxes living at the end of the garden had got him. Gave the rifle back to my mate and returned home to see the little b**tard marching across the patio again.
The squirrels are highly active at the minute - wee shites are ripping the straw like lining out of the hanging baskets for their nests.

Just remember what you are tucking into the next time you get an indian takeaway, uggggghhhh the thought of it
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Hardy

What's the difference between rat protein and, say, chicken protein?

Onion Bag

I mind years ago there was a rat in one of the outhouses, we could never catch it, well i say we i mean the aul man, coz i wouldnt go near the place, it kept escaping up a disused drain pipe, anyway the aul fella blocked the drain pipe with an aul Car Battery thinking that it will starve to death in the dead end pipe, after about a 4-5 days, the dirty bastard had ate its way through the fecking Car battery and got out, my uncle finally got it with shot gun, but really couldnt believe that it ate its way through a car battery and escaped
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Celt_Man

Quote from: High Wide and Handsome on October 21, 2009, 01:06:09 PM
Quote from: illdecide on October 21, 2009, 12:03:49 PM
I used to work in a Galvanising plant and one day we caught a rat, it was injured from the size 10 steel toe boots. A guy i worked with at the time picked it up by the tail (wearing big red waterproof gloves that go up to your elbow) and carried it over to the Galvanising bath that was full of boiling Zinc, he threw the rat into the bath. Remember Zinc is very dense and the rat floated on top like it was on ice but the squeals of that fecker will always live with me as it bounced around the top of the zinc bath. As the heat built up the rat started to swell and then popped to which the squealing stopped...deadly way to finish him off but ya had to see it to believe it

thats just sick!

Well if the Countdown thread got pulled, this is a cert!!

Some stories and some humour too!!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

High Wide and Handsome

mind watching a programme about rats which had completely over run parts of an oul farm. this crew came in with a load of dog. the rats kept going down holes in the ground (not sure what these were from, some animal anyroad) and they started to smoke the rats out. they blocked off all exits apart from one. about 50 rats came flyin out of it. the dogs made short work of them all the same. the squealing the rats did tho was unreal
"Swing er over!"

Puckoon

An ex girlfriend lived out in the country on a relatively big farm, and they routinely sent the jack russell terrier into the barn when there were rats about. He destroyed all of them every time.

Celt_Man

GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

The Iceman

Quote from: Puckoon on October 21, 2009, 06:03:57 PM
An ex girlfriend lived out in the country on a relatively big farm, and they routinely sent the jack russell terrier into the barn when there were rats about. He destroyed all of them every time.
Most of those smaller terriers were bred for the rats. 
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight