Soldiers of Destiny to storm the border

Started by Donagh, September 17, 2007, 08:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

QuoteAny truth in the reports that FF took more new members at Freshers Week in the various Universities in the North by 4:1 ?

Good God now that would be depressing.

Guillem2

Here's a report on it. They may do well in Derry but I can't see them getting too many recruits at Coleraine, Belfast or Jordanstown. Early days though.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7012941.stm
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Donagh

Quote from: stephenite on September 26, 2007, 07:48:00 AM
Any truth in the reports that FF took more new members at Freshers Week in the various Universities in the North by 4:1 ?

Nope. As a matter of fact as they aren't actually a recognised club at Queen's I don't even think they are allowed to have a stand.

stephenite

http://www.politics.ie/viewtopic.php?t=26874

Politics.ie mention they're recruiting in Queens, not sure of their sources mind you

Donagh

Quote from: stephenite on September 27, 2007, 07:57:24 AM
http://www.politics.ie/viewtopic.php?t=26874

Politics.ie mention they're recruiting in Queens, not sure of their sources mind you

As far as I know they can only take names unofficially with a view to forming a club or society in the future once recognised by the Union. I'd be very surprised if a stall was given to them.

nifan

They had a stall in the university yesterday

Donagh

Quote from: nifan on September 27, 2007, 10:09:15 AM

How did that work then - did they pay for it?

stephenite

Quote from: Donagh on September 27, 2007, 10:28:11 AM
Quote from: nifan on September 27, 2007, 10:09:15 AM

How did that work then - did they pay for it?

What are the rules governing stalls? Nothing a brown paper bag with some cash can't overcome I'm sure ;)

nifan

Only clubs recognized by the union should be allowed to recruit inside the university.

When the NI supporters club was started we had to get at least 20 names, and then go through the university senate to have the club constitution accepted to become officially recognized..

Ive no idea how FF managed it, they where certainly there as a club taking members as far as I could tell. Anyone joining a queens society should be registered in the membership books provided by the union - if they had these then it would imply the are seen as an official club.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

They need 20 members to register and be officially recognised as a club/society by Queens SU, as said by Nifan
Tbc....

Donagh

They've taken south Armagh and now the march continues to south Down next weekend. I wonder will FourTimes come out of hiding to lead the assault?

orangeman

Quote from: Donagh on September 02, 2009, 03:55:37 PM
They've taken south Armagh and now the march continues to south Down next weekend. I wonder will FourTimes come out of hiding to lead the assault?

He's waiting anxiously in the bunkers.  ;)

Cúig huaire

Fianna Fáil in the north? Whatever next, Sinn Fein in the South?  ;)
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

Chrisowc

Quote from: Donagh on September 02, 2009, 03:55:37 PM

Thanks for bumping.

Found this gem within.....FF administers a powerhouse of the world economy  ;D

You're sum pup Donagh. ;)
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Donagh