kieran mc geeney retires from intercounty football

Started by clean cotton, September 13, 2007, 10:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: hardstation on September 14, 2007, 04:56:14 PM
You have Bebo? I thought you were ancient.

Define ancient.

Well most of my mates are moving over to Facebook. I set an account up there at the beginning of the week. Only a matter of time before I shut-up-shop with BEBO.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Quote from: hardstation on September 14, 2007, 05:03:44 PM
No one over the age of 25 should have Bebo.
You are about 40.

1) That's why I've set up Facebook
2) Nowhere near it
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Armagh4SamAgain

Hell be missed an i dont think Armagh will ever have a capt like him again. God bless Geezer and thanks for everthing.
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

ONeill

Quote from: Armagh4SamAgain on September 14, 2007, 06:15:09 PM
Hell be missed an i dont think Armagh will ever have a capt like him again. God bless Geezer and thanks for everything.

I echo armagh4samagain's sentiments. I found him hard to dislike. The way he carried himself, especially in defeat, was the sign of a true gent. He was the Roy Keane of GAA, without the attitude. I'd say he retires with a heavy heart. McGeeney knew there were 2-3 All-Irelands in his side. I'm sure he looked around him in recent seasons and saw some of the new guns, who were taking success and trophies for granted, not putting in the effort required. That can be very frustrating I'm sure.

In years to come, though, he'll realise what he achieved and be happy with it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rolloutking

Ziggy you also have Limewire. You could be done for file sharing!

Balboa

Quote from: rrhf on September 14, 2007, 03:14:42 PM
I think Grimley got waht he deserved for apparently attempting to undermine Big Joe - Guess what he got undermined himself.  Mc Geeney represents the closure of a fantastic era for Armagh football. But it was time for him to go, from a source in Armagh he became bigger than the team and the county and tha manager couldnt manage him last year - what hope for a new manager coming in.  He needs to step back for a bit and then test himself as a football manager.  He reminds me a little of Roy Keane in his determination.  Could he manage the same way? I hop he hasnt done it for a huff but I think hes bigger than that.  A class act and a decent honest footballer with great leadership skills.  One of the all time greats I believe. Others should follow - In Armagh Big Joe held onto too many too long - it happens in all counties.    

Interesting, could anyone elaborate?

ziggysego

Quote from: rolloutking on September 14, 2007, 10:52:51 PM
Ziggy you also have Limewire. You could be done for file sharing!

Don't actually use it anymore. Get my music from iTunes now.

Quote from: hardstation on September 14, 2007, 10:55:35 PM
Tut tut Ziggy, I expected more from ya.
Where have ya been for the last 5 hours? Don't tell me ya have found a woman?

Was at a dance in the hall for the retirement of our Parish Priest Father Ryder and fundraiser for Father Monaghan, a missionary priest in Nigeria. So no, no women hardstation. Although I did enjoy the company of several 60 + year old women, but in a purely conversational compacity.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Quote from: hardstation on September 15, 2007, 12:06:51 AM
QuoteFather Ryder
Was he forced to retire?

No, in fact he stayed on an extra year in Greencastle after his retirement.

Quote from: hardstation on September 15, 2007, 12:06:51 AM
QuoteAlthough I did enjoy the company of several 60 + year old women, but in a purely conversational compacity
You tried your best, didn't you. Hard luck, plenty more fish in the sea.

They were dancers, I'm a drinker. It was doomed from the start.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Quote from: hardstation on September 15, 2007, 12:15:25 AM
QuoteFather Ryder
QuoteWas he forced to retire?
QuoteNo, in fact he stayed on an extra year in Greencastle after his retirement.
Ah, just thought it was a nickname.

I know where you're heading in the afterlife. ;)
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Not want to be cremated?

Jesus, what are we at? We clogged up the Keiran McGeeny thread with nonsense.

Sorry Armaghians.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

hoopsaaa

Maybe he'll pu Father Ryder on his backroom staff ;)