How Metrosexual Are You?

Started by screenexile, September 10, 2007, 11:47:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Quote from: hardstation on September 11, 2007, 10:18:33 PM
Right lads, a few confessions. Say what ye will.
1. Manbag - Check. I don't ever call it a manbag though. Used it for Uni (books/filepad/calculator/pens etc). I would never use it for anything else. Trouser/jacket pockets for mobile/wallet/ipod etc.

2. Moisturiser - Check. Nivea for (metrosexual?) men moisturising cream. Haven't used it in a while but I have excema and in the winter I get awful dry skin on my bake.

3. Hair Gel - Check. Currently using Fructus "Surf Hair" texturising gum.

4. Shower Gel - Usually Radox (Green/Blue/For Men). It says Shower Gel & Shampoo on it so I use it on the dome too.

5. Deoderant - Usually Right Gaurd.

6. Aftershave - Whatever the woman has bought me. Currently between some green gear by Paul Smith and Emporio Armani (nice stuff btw).

7. Jeans - No holes but I do have a pair that have 3 or 4 small threadbare bits on them.

8. Shoes - Normal enough. Definately no pointy ones.

9. Body hair - I have never shaved or waxed anything below my neck. Actually never waxed anything.

10. Pink T-shirt - Check. She bought it. It's not very bright and isn't too bad really.

Abuse me if you must. :-[

I read somewhere once that its only meterosexual if you refer to it as "hair product"

Fishbat

God save Ireland :D  Now lets get a few things clear!

Bag -  having pockets full of stuff and other items round your neck, camera etc... plus a handful of curleys bags.....so as not to "look stupid" is feckin stupid - Even jungle dwellers know the practicality of a bag versus pockets - especially when trampin about with a dozen poison arrows

Bag with wheels at airport -or- carting a boggin O'Neills bag around an airport over your shoulder - fairly obvious.

Nothing wrong with pointy shoes/cowboy boots - only in Kazakstan are the brown brogues acceptable in 2007.

Hair - masai warriors have been dying their hair for millenia.  Are punks considered metros? Long hair has been around a lot longer than the short back and sides/boul cut/NFTAB (no fringe, tuft at back) etc...

Denim - all forms acceptable - not just blue with cow-shit stains.

Washing - should be made law, have sat beside too many bastards with onions rolling down their brow.

Whatever yanks your plank

lynchbhoy

Quote from: screenexile on September 10, 2007, 04:40:00 PM
I would let you away with that Laoislad. Personally I think that I would class the following things as metrosexual:

Straightening your hair
Chest/Sack shaving/waxing
Puposely moisturising (Not aftershave balm) as in you have separate moisturising cream for your face
Dying your hair
Wearing beads
Using a separate shampoo and conditioner
Any kind of tanning
Too much jewelry (one watch and one chain... I'm not too keen on rings either but you sometimes have to wear them)

That's all I can think of. Anyone else any more to add?

am more neanderthal than metrosexual

POG
fishermans hand cream  :o.....I suppose its fecking pink ! ! !

screenexile

Quoteam more neanderthal than metrosexual

:D :D :D Couldn't have put it better myself!

oneillcup2007

Pub talk at the weekend descended into all sorts of moral / ammoral quandaries.  One bloke albeit hes a pisstaker, reckoned it was now perfectly acceptable to use  ahem toys in the bedroom with the missus and claimed it was widespread.  Needless to say he got slagged out of the place.  Where does this fit in with the whole metrosexual arguement, and would these toys be something for the manbaggers.

full back

I would say in the case of the manbaggers the wife probably uses the toys on the bloke ;)

pintsofguinness

QuotePOG

What's wrong with it?  It's for fishermen isn't it?
You wouldn't tell any of them in "perfect storm" that they were soft would you????
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 12, 2007, 01:31:41 PM
QuotePOG

What's wrong with it?  It's for fishermen isn't it?
You wouldn't tell any of them in "perfect storm" that they were soft would you????

....are YOU a fisherman

are ye a man at all !
;)

sever hints of metro there POG ! :D

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Having read this thread I now notice a proliferation of fellahs with manbags AND laptop carriers too. Two Bags?

At least there'll be less Norn Iron jerseys running around now.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Rois

Well suit-wearers - having a debate in work here.  I have heard that men shouldn't mix a patterned shirt with a patterned tie with a patterned suit, ie if you have a pin-stripe suit, only one of the tie or the shirt should have a pattern. 

A colleague of mine today is wearing a pinstripe suit, a shirt with a check in it, and a striped tie.  I think it looks too busy and a bit like a dog's dinner.

Any opinions?

Gabriel_Hurl

Plain shirt - patterned tie
Patterned shirt (stripes or checks) - plain tie

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Rois on September 13, 2007, 03:11:01 PM
Well suit-wearers - having a debate in work here.  I have heard that men shouldn't mix a patterned shirt with a patterned tie with a patterned suit, ie if you have a pin-stripe suit, only one of the tie or the shirt should have a pattern. 

A colleague of mine today is wearing a pinstripe suit, a shirt with a check in it, and a striped tie.  I think it looks too busy and a bit like a dog's dinner.

Any opinions?

really depends on how loud the colours are imo
what used to be the unwrittern code of fashion (eg no blues with greens or only black shoes with black/grey suits)  etc no longer holds.
anything goes these days. Some people try to be be outlandish to appear to be fashionable.
if you cant convince them, confuse the,.

ziggysego

Quote from: Rois on September 13, 2007, 03:11:01 PM

Any opinions?

Sounds like a fashion disaster darling
Testing Accessibility

Rois

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 13, 2007, 03:18:36 PM

Well, see, I don't think patterned shirt and patterned tie is necessarily that bad, but if you team it with a striped suit, just assault on the eyes.

Louth Exile

Quote from: Rois on September 13, 2007, 04:18:39 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 13, 2007, 03:18:36 PM

Well, see, I don't think patterned shirt and patterned tie is necessarily that bad, but if you team it with a striped suit, just assault on the eyes.

You're right.
Pinstrip suit, plain or stripped shirt and plain tie, you can't go wrong.

PS: Only real men can pull off being able to wear salmon..... it's salmon I tells you, not pink!!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com