Footballer of the Year 2007

Started by seanobrien12, September 08, 2007, 10:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seanobrien12

I would have to nominate Dublin's Colin "Colly" Moran. He is a role model for the Dublin youth and I have never seen him play badly for Dublin

DoYerJob Linesman

You have to be joking.  Moran barely keeps his place on the Dublin team.  Footballer of 2007, do me a favour!
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

seanobrien12

Quote from: DoYerJob Linesman on September 08, 2007, 10:16:51 PM
Moran barely keeps his place on the Dublin team

Colin Moran is the Dublin captain stupid

Farrandeelin

Quote from: seanobrien12 on September 08, 2007, 10:20:44 PM
Quote from: DoYerJob Linesman on September 08, 2007, 10:16:51 PM
Moran barely keeps his place on the Dublin team

Yes and a very average captain at that. Don't know how the hell you have him down as footballer of the year.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

DoYerJob Linesman

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, when you put it like that, yes, you are right.  Collie Moran is definetely footballer of the year!

:o
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

Jinxy

The WUM police have been called and are sending all available units.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

J70

I suppose he is consistent in that he works hard and never fcuks up too much (as do numerous players on other teams), but shouldn't the footballer of the year be the outstanding and most influential player that year? Collie Moran is hardly the first person to spring to mind!

Gnevin

Quote from: Jinxy on September 08, 2007, 10:45:12 PM
The WUM police have been called and are sending all available units.

Whats going on here then?
Twirls a baton and says move along now nothing to see here .

But in all seriousness Moran is very poor , the rest of the Dublin rest  starting 15 and some  on the bench are far better than him
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

muppet

Moran is a decent player, though not deserving of the inevitable abuse that will follow SeanOBrien age 12's post.

If you had to pick a Dub I'd go for Rhino. Otherwise apart from Freeman (its an awful pity O'Hara was injured and a pale shadow of what he can be) and a bit of Bradley we will probably all go for whoever has a big AI-Final.

My guess is we'll all feel sorry for Galvin....or maybe Tomás again.
MWWSI 2017

Uladh

darbyo

Ya, Declan O'Sullivan is surely favourite at this stage.

screenmachine

big call, o'sullivan has been immense so far this year
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

INDIANA

Moran is a decent player, though not deserving of the inevitable abuse that will follow SeanOBrien age 12's post.

well said -the reality is the numbskulls who criticise him are those who don't understand the fundamentals of Gaelic Football. He won an awful lot of breaking ball and setup scores which was the job he was selected to do and  by and large he did it very well.  He isn't  anatural forward . He is  a natural defender though and is by far the best dublin underage player i saw. Unfortuntaely injury and a reluctance of successive managements to play him in the centre back spot has led to him being ridiculed. Pity because he is a fine footballer. I thought he was  decent captain too. He had a decent season in my view- unlike certain others .

southdown

thebandit