Railway Cup 2007

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, September 02, 2007, 06:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tankie

Quote from: Kerry Mike on October 15, 2007, 10:47:46 PM

A very nice Double for  2 understrength Munster teams, there won't be many Jackeens going to the finals now I suppose, it will take some marketing now by the GAA gurus to fill Croker under lights on October 27. 

Sure will you Munster boys not be up to cheer on your province? this will be the real test to see if the GAA needs Dublin fans to fill Croker. I do expect 20k kids at it tho as they appear to be giving them tickets for nothing!
Grand Slam Saturday!

ExiledGael

Plenty of Ulster lads on here, just how many are planni8ng on going to Ballybofey?
I'm considering it but I'm disgusted at the GAA attitude to the compettion. There will probably not even be a programme.
Why is there no talk in the papers of the event, press days, photoshoots etc. Not even any mention of the squads which have caused some debate on here.

inisceithleann

Is the Ulster V Connacht game on Setanta?
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

orangeman

Apparently so - but sure u're beside Ballybofey  - drive over.

inisceithleann

Quote from: orangeman on October 16, 2007, 07:00:38 PM
Apparently so - but sure u're beside Ballybofey  - drive over.

Live in Manchester these days orangeman but would there be any point going? Could be a brutal atmosphere and terrible crowd at it.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

Tankie

Grand Slam Saturday!

magpie seanie

May head if I get myself organised on Saturday. Has anyone any idea of the squads or is this to be part of the Interprovincial semi final charm?

Rma13

I'm heading to Ballybofey on Saturday, I've always enjoyed this competition.  Like everyone else though I'd be interested to see who is on the team/panel for Ulster & indeed Connacht!

jammy-dodger

From Derry id say you would of been looking at K Mc Cloy, F Doherty, P Bradley and E Muldoon with the possibility of K Mc Guckain and E Bradley.
Due to Glenullin and Bellaghy replay on Sunday Ulster will be without two definite starters in Doherty and Bradley.
I also see that B Coulter is ruled out with injury and would think that A Kernan wont be allowed to play due to his ongoing participation with Crossmaglen in the club Championship.
The GAA Allstar function is on Friday night in Dublin so all Ulster players nominated to this maybe a little under the weather Saturday evening - think this included the two Freemans, G Mc Quaid, Conor Gormley and S Cavanagh and K Mc Cloy.
So it possibly might turn out to be a shambles

Rma13

Ulster v Leinster in Parnell Park a couple of years ago was held the Saturday night after the GPA Awards which had occurred on the Firday night.  The previous night's "celebrations" were clearly visible amongst the Ulster team!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ExiledGael on October 16, 2007, 06:36:57 PM
Plenty of Ulster lads on here, just how many are planni8ng on going to Ballybofey?
I'm considering it but I'm disgusted at the GAA attitude to the compettion. There will probably not even be a programme.
Why is there no talk in the papers of the event, press days, photoshoots etc. Not even any mention of the squads which have caused some debate on here.

Planning to head myself ExiledGael, t'is only down the road for me, at the weekend. Would hope that there will be a properly staged event, given the respect and dues it merits by the GAA.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

magickingdom

its a disgrace the way the gaa have treated the inter pros. the only time they got it right was the year they played the final in parnell park (last year i think). the finals should be played there every year in november when people will have missed a bit of football/hurling and at least you'll get 4-6000 of a gate and a bit of atmosphere. they could tie it in with the all star w/e and do a right job of it. i wouldnt be surprised if the gaa ditch them after this years feck up, and the only munster/leinister/ulster/connacht teams will be rugby teams. a disgrace

ziggysego

Ulster football boss Brian McEniff has announced his team for Saturday night's Interprovincial semi-final against Connacht at Ballybofey.

The team is notable for the inclusion of four Monaghan men, including Dick Clerkin, Paul Finlay and Thomas Freeman in attack. By contrast, former provincial kingpins Armagh have only representative on the team - Crossmaglen's Aaron Kernan.

McEniff's attacking options have been weakened by the absence of Benny Coulter and Stephen O'Neill, who are both injured. Paddy Bradley is involved in the Derry county final replay, Steven McDonnell is attending a wedding, while both Owen Mulligan and Vincent Corey are ruled out through injury.

Ulster (SF v Connacht): J Reilly (Cavan); B Owens (Fermanagh), K McCloy (Derry), K Lacey (Donegal); A Kernan (Armagh), C Gormley (Tyrone), K Cassidy (Donegal); O Lennon (Monaghan), D Gordon (Down); D Clerkin (Monaghan), S Cavanagh (Tyrone), P Finlay (Monaghan); T Freeman (Monaghan), G Pierson (Cavan), E Muldoon (Derry).
Testing Accessibility

Tyrone Dreamer

Very strong defence. Lennon is probably first choice in midfield as well, with Gordon being ok. Up front its definately not the first choice 6 with no Bradley or McDonell. Still not a bad forward line and overall a pretty decent team. Would have to fancy them to get to the final.

Aghdavoyle

Dick Clerkin must have incriminating photos of orla bannon...