Railway Cup 2007

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, September 02, 2007, 06:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnpower

who is managing the Munster team ?. Agree with the poster who said it will have a big crowd if it is a Leinster or Ulster . I hope it is a success .

Puckoon

Kevin and CJ together will be some combination. Kierans not half bad either. A poor mans O'Se family?

Balboa

Quote from: Puckoon on October 08, 2007, 10:14:43 PM
Kevin and CJ together will be some combination. Kierans not half bad either. A poor mans O'Se family?

A very poor mans........

Onlooker

Congrats. and well done to the Limerick footballers, who have withdrawn from the Munster panel.  Hopefully, clare and Tipperary will follow suit.   It is past time for the weaker counties in both hurling and football to stand up to the "big guns".

Don

andrews is in charge of leinster, whom is in charge of the other provinces ?

North Longford

I'd suggest Paul Barden will be playing in the Leinster half forward line line he has been for the last 4 or 5 years.
Longford have 4 on the panel...........Brian Kavanagh, Declan Reilly and Damien Sheridan along with Barden

full back

Limerick footballers boycott Munster

From RTE SPORT
Thursday, 11 October 2007 08:26
The Irish Examiner has reported that five Limerick footballers have refused to play with Munster in Saturday's Martin Donnelly Inter-provincial semi-final against Leinster, in protest at the decision made by the Munster Council last week to revert to a seeded draw in the Munster Senior Football Championship.

Speaking in today's Examiner, Limerick manager Mickey Ned O'Sullivan confirmed: 'I was asked to contact five players in Limerick this week to play for Munster at the weekend. They all felt that they would not have the heart to play for a province that has treated them the way it has and that has no interest in the development of football in the weaker counties.

'So they decided against playing - which is a big decision. The players felt that they are being left out on a limb. I agree with them totally and to the best of my knowledge, there is a similar feeling in the other counties like Tipperary, Waterford and Clare.'

He added: 'The people in charge of football are completely out of touch.'

The Munster management are already without a host of Cork, Kerry and Clare players because of personal and club commitments.

marty88

Jesus talk about no coverage for this competition. Anyone know what the official squads are this year??
"paddy bradley has got that killer instinct a forward wud commit murder for"- Mick O' Dwyer

Fear ón Srath Bán

Those are serious shenanigans in Munster, with the 5 Limerick lads withdrawing. The most perplexing aspect (from this angle) is the fact that the Waterford representatives, at the Munster Council meeting, voted in favour of seeding (along with those from Cork & Kerry (naturally)), and much to the disgust of the general footballing fraternity of Waterford, and the 'weaker' Munster footballing counties. Mickey-Ned O'Sullivan, a Kerry Man is (justifiably) incandescent! The Railway Cup is only the first instalment of the fallout from that piece of square-wheel thinking I'd say; we ain't seen nothing yet!

I'm with the Luimneach lads on this one (that'll soothe all their problems doubtless  ;)).
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Onlooker

You will notice Fear that there are 3 Waterford players on the Munster team, along with 7 from Cork and 5 from Kerry.  Another instalment in the pay back to Waterford.

Fear ón Srath Bán

To be sure Onlooker, that whole thing does not smell good!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

magpie seanie

I picked this team on Sept 21st:

Connacht football team:

1. D. Clarke (Maigh Eo)
2. J. McKeon (Liatroim)
3. N. Maguire (Sligeach)
4. R. Donovan (Sligeach)
5. C. Harrison (Sligeach)
6. D. Blake (Gaillimh)
7. D. Heaney (Maigh Eo)
8. R. McGarrity (Maigh Eo)
9. P. Harte (Maigh Eo)
10. N. Joyce (Gaillimh)
11. E. O'Hara (Sligeach)
12. J. Bergin (Gaillimh)
13. M. Meehan (Gaillimh)
14. D. Brady (Maigh Eo)
15. G. Heneghan (Ros Comain)

Subs to include:
K. Higgins, F. Hanley, T. Mortimer, M. Finneran, M. Breheny, C. Mortimer, D. Maxwell.

Surely some of the other Connacht posters has something to add to this or did I get the job?

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

ryaner35

Hey

does anyone know the final score in the football??

ryaner35

sorry just needed to know for work!!! :o