la liga thread

Started by anportmorforjfc, August 28, 2007, 09:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Green

Mighty 2nd half from Barca. Completely dominated Madrid and they could have won by a few more than they did. Imo, it is down to either Alves, Puyol or Busquets for man of the match. Busquets done so much of the work that goes unnoticed and his passing was top notch. Worst player on the pitch had to be Ronaldo. The guy shouldnt be held anywhere near the same regard as Messi. He has never produced in the big games. Barca off to Japan and I cant wait to see the game between themselves and a very exciting Santos team.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Forever Green on December 10, 2011, 11:07:35 PM
Mighty 2nd half from Barca. Completely dominated Madrid and they could have won by a few more than they did. Imo, it is down to either Alves, Puyol or Busquets for man of the match. Busquets done so much of the work that goes unnoticed and his passing was top notch. Worst player on the pitch had to be Ronaldo. The guy shouldnt be held anywhere near the same regard as Messi. He has never produced in the big games. Barca off to Japan and I cant wait to see the game between themselves and a very exciting Santos team.

So strange considering the amount of goals he has scored this year, why he can't perform on these occasions?? must be baffling to his managers
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paco

Iniesta man of the match for me, I think they gave him a standing ovation when he was subbed. Did Pep and Mourinho shake hands? I seen Mourinho going over to Tito Vilanova just before the game ended but not Pep.

Forever Green

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 10, 2011, 11:10:58 PM
Quote from: Forever Green on December 10, 2011, 11:07:35 PM

So strange considering the amount of goals he has scored this year, why he can't perform on these occasions?? must be baffling to his managers

It is very strange. He wouldn't strike you as the type that feels the pressure before the big games

gallsman

Iniesta is scarily good. He must be shitting himself at the prospect of facing Whelan and Andrews in the Euros.

Forever Green

Quote from: paco on December 10, 2011, 11:13:23 PM
Iniesta man of the match for me, I think they gave him a standing ovation when he was subbed. Did Pep and Mourinho shake hands? I seen Mourinho going over to Tito Vilanova just before the game ended but not Pep.

Jesus, forgot all about Iniesta. Aye, he completely bossed the game and it was a joy watching him just glide past players. I saw Mourinho and Pep shake hands at the start of the game when they were coming out of the tunnel but it didn't seem the warmest of gestures by either of them lol

Gold

Iniesta clear man of the match for me. He had an amazing 2nd half. He's so strong on the ball weaving his magic holding possession i could watch him all day.

Ronaldo was  shite as per usual in big games.

Hate Madrid
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

gallsman

Watched highlights there. Iniesta my man of the match as well but also felt Puyol and Busquets were deserving nominees. Puyol is like a lion in these types of games. For all the theatrics and hatred he inspires, people lose sight of the fact that Busquets is an absolutely top quality footballer.

Captain Obvious

Reading the piece on BBC Mourinho said Barcelona were lucky last night.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

paco

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 11, 2011, 05:12:24 PM
Reading the piece on BBC Mourinho said Barcelona were lucky last night.

He said the second goal was lucky, which it was to be fair, although he overlooked the luck in Madrid's first goal. It's a pleasant surprise to hear him not complaining about the ref for once! He said he thought Messi should have been sent off for the tackle on Xabi Alonso, but that he was 50 metres away and hadn't seen the replay.

Captain Obvious

Did anyone here see Barcelona's 9-0 cup win last night? If Barcelona & Real Madrid were to both make progress to the quarter-finals they would meet each other in a two-legged tie on 18 and 25 January.

ross4life

shock on the cards? Real Madrid 0 Malaga 2 63mins gone.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

3-2 now  :o
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

sammymaguire

Quote from: ross4life on January 03, 2012, 10:28:42 PM
3-2 now  :o

Copa del Rey, not the league. Was so close to sticking £20 on them at half time at 3/1 but chickened out and went for the draw&win  ::)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!