la liga thread

Started by anportmorforjfc, August 28, 2007, 09:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

£120m sounds about right ;D
Out of Ronaldos £80m, probably about £30m of that is for the image.
Whereas Messi has just pure football value for £120m.

ardal

Just watching the highlights. Pepe is definitely a dirty whore, but I have to say I wish Alexis would stop trying to get his actors license and he's a mouthy fecker to boot.

Wondering what the odds were for either Puyol or Abidal scoring

That headed clearance outside the box from Casillas had some force behind it. That man has huevos

ross4life

Quote from: Main Street on January 18, 2012, 10:58:31 PM
Messi only 20% more valuable than Ronaldo ???

Brilliant assist from him for Barca's 2nd
It was but it's rare you see a Mourinho team defending like that.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

BennyCake

screenexile

Quote from: BennyCake on January 19, 2012, 01:37:29 AM
What did Pepsi do?

Ran around kicking people most of the night. Dove to the ground when Fabregas tackled him as if he was floored by an Ali right hook and then to top it off clearly stamped on Messi's had then towards the end.

Complete tr**p but then he has previous as well so it's nearly expected at this stage. Some previous trampism below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11enIeWNJbE

Megaman

i thought the game was pretty crap to be honest, kept flicking back and forth to see if got any better, it didnt.  >:(

Madrid where very disappointing, same happened in the last game, they scored early and just sat back trying to hit barca on the break, absolute rubbish

why is everyone picking on Pepe, he is a dirty, diving footballer alright, but then again so is busquets (sp) and 70% of the top footballers everywhere.

gallsman

Quote from: Megaman on January 19, 2012, 09:31:30 AM
i thought the game was pretty crap to be honest, kept flicking back and forth to see if got any better, it didnt.  >:(

Madrid where very disappointing, same happened in the last game, they scored early and just sat back trying to hit barca on the break, absolute rubbish

why is everyone picking on Pepe, he is a dirty, diving footballer alright, but then again so is busquets (sp) and 70% of the top footballers everywhere.

Busquets is a horrendous diver and actor, he's not the thug Pepe is though. Pepe combines an ability to go down like he was shot with the ability to be an absolute sc**bag on the pitch.

Minder

The thing about Pepe is he is actually very good and effective when he decides to play. He is a good pantomine villain though. As regards the match, it doesent seem to matter to Barcelona when Real score, they know as the game progresses and they stick to passing the ball they will wear any team down, they are relentless in that regard.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

screenexile

I thought it was a good game last night. Some excellent football from Barca at times and that was with Messi being quiet. As someone said Barcelona have that air about them now that is nearly worth a goal a game. Real are a good team but after getting their goal they shit their pants instead of playing the passing game they have been playing all season. They were lambs to the slaughter at that point.

The video I posted of Pepe shows what you're dealing with. The man has a rage in him that comes out at times. No doubt he can be an excellent footballer but the madness would need to stop at some point. Please nobody give me that nonsense spouted about Rooney "take his aggression away and you take away his footballing ability" it's a load of nonsense!

Archie Mitchell

Another hat-trick from Messi tonight. Starting to run out of things to say about him. Only 20 more goals and he is Barcelona's all time record goalscorer and he's only 24.

Captain Obvious

A World cup is the only thing missing from Messi CV. At 25 Maradona carried Argentina to the World cup in 1986.

Carmen Stateside

Messi man is brilliant, great run to set up the goal,

Carmen Stateside

Captain Obvious

Some strike, guys on Sky said Madrid had all the chances before Barcelona scored.

gerrykeegan

What a first half, Jose must be sick, I dislike that Danny Alves but great goal, Messi's kick on Pepe was a "take that you ****" moment from the little man
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)