Why Kerry MUST win on Sunday

Started by Mike Sheehy, August 22, 2007, 06:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

We have to win or this kind of shite will just get out of hand...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPoHIJLitiE

It is our duty to culchies everywhere...nay, it is our duty to civilization as we know it !!

Hardy

God help us.

I always thought I understood why soccer teams applauded the spectators - I assumed it was on the basis that more was happening on the terraces to entertain the players than on the field to entertain the fans. But that can't be the excuse in this case. What can it be? Any ideas?

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteI always thought I understood why soccer teams applauded the spectators - I assumed it was on the basis that more was happening on the terraces to entertain the players than on the field to entertain the fans. But that can't be the excuse in this case. What can it be? Any ideas?

I think it is insecurity...both the fans and the team are trying to shore up their fragile confidence. While there is nothing wrong with a good rapport between the team and the fans when it is taken to this extreme it hints at some mental fragility IMHO. Other teams just get on with it.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteArticle taken from Leinster express today :
With Laois fans heading to Croker on sunday they will be left in a conundrum as who to support in the senior game. In a bid to encourage people to cheer on Kerry heres our reasons why
1. Dublin are neither good winners or losers ( see leinster final V Laois) Could you imagine what they would be like if they won it.
2. Kerry fans are likely to be there on time. Dublin fans are more likely to cause a delay because Man Utd are playing Spurs on Sky Sports.
3. Kerry have given us great players like Maurice Fitz, Gooch, The O'Se's and Moynihan. Dublin have given us Paul Casey, Colin Moran, Magee brothers and Wayne Mccarthy.
4. Kerry think they have a divine right to win cause theyre good.Dublin think they have a divine right to win cause theyre Dublin
5. If youre nice to Dublin fans theyll probably come and visit you and drink all your cider cause of the motorway theyre only an hour away
6.Paul Caffreys 'look at me and me lovely family' pose at the end of every game. Laois were fined in 2003 for bringing kids onto the field.
7. Dublins love in with the Hill before every game, Its just sad really.Heres hoping that Kerry do what Mayo did last year.

Hey, thanks for the support Laois...hope we can do it for ye

MauriceMalpas

Cos I couldnt handle the walk from Croker to Conways after the game, listening to the Jackeens celebrating on the way back to their Council flats.

Lecale2

I'd rather see Cork beat the Jackeens in the final.

his holiness nb

Jaysus the Kerry boys must be nervous posting up videos from a year ago to slag the Dubs!!  ;)

p.s. Maurice, theres slaggings and theres just being nasty.  ::)
Ask me holy bollix

The Subbie

yeah maurice cop on , some dubs live in council houses  as well  ;D

MauriceMalpas

Quote from: The Subbie on August 23, 2007, 09:13:36 AM
yeah maurice cop on , some dubs live in council houses  as well  ;D

Pardon my ignorance.

small white mayoman

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 22, 2007, 06:18:50 PM
We have to win or this kind of shite will just get out of hand...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPoHIJLitiE

It is our duty to culchies everywhere...nay, it is our duty to civilization as we know it !!

was this a cut from the braveheart movie ;) 
All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007

Moose

Another stupid post, Sheehy get a life, and i'm glad with your culchie comment that Croke Park had the cop on to ban the King of the Culchie event from Croke Park. You feel you can throw out insults like that to people who are from outside Dublin. You must be some self hating Kerry man.

Tankie

i really don't see why you boys have such a problem with the Super Dubs. There is nothing wrong with being confident is there?
Grand Slam Saturday!

MauriceMalpas

Quote from: Tankie on August 23, 2007, 09:39:25 AM
i really don't see why you boys have such a problem with the Super Dubs. There is nothing wrong with being confident is there?
Joking aside. Havent looked forward to a game as much....ever. Cant wait.

Uladh

Quote from: Tankie on August 23, 2007, 09:39:25 AM

Nothing in the persona of this dublin team indicates confidence. Quite the opposite in fact.