O Leary gets the all clear

Started by meathie, August 22, 2007, 12:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tankie

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 24, 2007, 12:40:46 PM
Quote from: Tankie on August 22, 2007, 04:46:26 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on August 22, 2007, 04:44:05 PM
What gives you the right to call Noel O'Leary a sc**bag? I'd reckon he's a grand fella.

If some of the Dubs did that to Geraghty you'd be cheering or in a very silent minority so save us the feigned outrage.

first of all only a sc**bag would just punch a man in the face when he isn't expecting it.

And secondly you don't see dublin players do this type of stuff!

I'll repeat me earlier question Tankie, here's the clip: http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=NV_c1zd88vs

"So by that logic Ciaran Whelan is a sc**bag for elbowing David Mitchell in the face when he wasn't expecting it? Agree or disagree???"

sure the ref was standing right beside him and he saw nothing wrong with it, and obviously the CCC saw nothing wrong with it what so what do you want me to say. Sure whelo was rugby tackled to the ground so under GAA thinking its ok to retaliate. it wasnt even an elbow more of a shoulder.

Sure my point of this whole thing was thistype of carry on sould be cut out by the GAA handing out bans, can any disagree that O'Leary should not be banned?
Grand Slam Saturday!

full back

Quote from: Tankie on August 24, 2007, 02:40:49 PM
it wasnt even an elbow more of a shoulder.

FFS - Should have gone to specsavers

Croí na hÉireann

What gives you the right to call Noel O'Leary a sc**bag? I'd reckon he's a grand fella.

If some of the Dubs did that to Geraghty you'd be cheering or in a very silent minority so save us the feigned outrage.

first of all only a sc**bag would just punch a man in the face when he isn't expecting it.

I'll repeat me earlier question Tankie, here's the clip: http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=NV_c1zd88vs

"So by that logic Ciaran Whelan is a sc**bag for elbowing David Mitchell in the face when he wasn't expecting it? Agree or disagree???"

sure the ref was standing right beside him and he saw nothing wrong with it, and obviously the CCC saw nothing wrong with it what so what do you want me to say. Sure whelo was rugby tackled to the ground so under GAA thinking its ok to retaliate. it wasnt even an elbow more of a shoulder.

Sure my point of this whole thing was thistype of carry on sould be cut out by the GAA handing out bans, can any disagree that O'Leary should not be banned?

Ur "point" was that O'Leary was a "sc**bag" for punching "a man in the face when he isn't expecting it". My question to you (and it's a yes or no answer) is " Ciaran Whelan is a sc**bag for elbowing David Mitchell in the face when he wasn't expecting it?"
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

heffo

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 24, 2007, 03:21:43 PM

Ur "point" was that O'Leary was a "sc**bag" for punching "a man in the face when he isn't expecting it". My question to you (and it's a yes or no answer) is " Ciaran Whelan is a sc**bag for elbowing David Mitchell in the face when he wasn't expecting it?"

The difference is that O'Leary punched Geraghty to gain an advantage when there wasn't any apparent provocation.

Mitchell was acting the bollox for the ten minutes he was on the pitch leading up to that and had taken Whelan out of it late again - Whelan deserved to go for it, but he wasn't a sc**bag for retaliating.

Thats the difference

The Real Laoislad

Im a little perplexed....

The other night Tankie said he wished the player who punched Brian O'Driscoll would die in a car crash because he was a sc**bag for punching a fellow player..
Then he comes on here and defends Ciaran Whelan who is clearly seen elbowing a Westmeath player in the face,an action which could have caused serious damage to the Westmeath player...

Double standards or just a gobshite who can't take off his Blue and Navy coloured glasses ???
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Croí na hÉireann

Question not aimed at you heffo, to the best of my knowledge you haven't been running about the place calling people scumbags and claiming that u wouldn't find the Dubs doing similar. Although you have been mixing the sublime with the ridiculous with one or two factual posts thrown in.

QuoteThe difference is that O'Leary punched Geraghty to gain an advantage when there wasn't any apparent provocation.
TV didn't show us what transpired before the punch or were u sitting beside Pillar and his young lad in the Hogan Stand???

heffo

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 24, 2007, 04:00:31 PM
Question not aimed at you heffo, to the best of my knowledge you haven't been running about the place calling people scumbags and claiming that u wouldn't find the Dubs doing similar. Although you have been mixing the sublime with the ridiculous with one or two factual posts thrown in.

QuoteThe difference is that O'Leary punched Geraghty to gain an advantage when there wasn't any apparent provocation.
TV didn't show us what transpired before the punch or were u sitting beside Pillar and his young lad in the Hogan Stand???

No, I wasn't at the Cork v Meath game and I didn't see what happened off-camera, hence my 'apparent' preface to my comment. I don't know what happened between them, but O'Leary has form in this regard (GG does as well, but I think he get's a lot of bad press and for every punch he's thrown, he's probably been on the receiving end of three or four, same as Ciaran Whelan)

Tankie

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 24, 2007, 03:58:14 PM
Im a little perplexed....

The other night Tankie said he wished the player who punched Brian O'Driscoll would die in a car crash because he was a sc**bag for punching a fellow player..
Then he comes on here and defends Ciaran Whelan who is clearly seen elbowing a Westmeath player in the face,an action which could have caused serious damage to the Westmeath player...

Double standards or just a gobshite who can't take off his Blue and Navy coloured glasses ???

i retracted that statement as you know LL as it was posted in a rage as i thought our world cup hopes had been flushed down the toilet.

and i didnt defend ciaran whealan, i think he should have been banned, but you  could say so should the westmeath player for his shocking late tackles. any player who strike another player should be banned the way they are in every other sport except GAA. it makes a joke of the whole organisation.

Grand Slam Saturday!

Croí na hÉireann

Is Ciaran Whelan a sc**bag for elbowing David Mitchell in the face when he wasn't expecting it???

Tankie

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 24, 2007, 04:52:04 PM
Is Ciaran Whelan a sc**bag for elbowing David Mitchell in the face when he wasn't expecting it???

unfortunatly Croí na hÉireann i cannot answer that as i have been warned not to call anyone a s*****g.

also Croí na hÉireann you should chill out, no need for the big writing, i can read if you want me to answer any questions.
Grand Slam Saturday!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Tankie on August 24, 2007, 05:50:34 PM

unfortunatly Croí na hÉireann i cannot answer that as i have been warned not to call anyone a s*****g.

also Croí na hÉireann you should chill out, no need for the big righting, i can read if you want me to answer any questions.

You sure can read alright Tankie pity you can't spell though ;)
Btw all you have to do is answer Yes or No you don't even have to use the word s*****g
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tankie

Quote from: hardstation on August 24, 2007, 05:54:13 PM
Who warned you Tankie?

I was handing out a bit of abuse to someone, more as a joke really but it got reported and the mod said i can say anything about anyone. hense i stopped posting on this thread a few days ago untill i was asked a question today.
Grand Slam Saturday!

Tankie

Grand Slam Saturday!

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 24, 2007, 05:59:48 PM

also Croí na hÉireann you should chill out, no need for the big righting, i can read if you want me to answer any questions.

Btw all you have to do is answer Yes or No you don't even have to use the word s*****g
Well LL what a super message adds so much to the debate, the forum is lucky to have such a cunning* word smith like yourself

*= Baldrick levels of  cunning
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gnevin on August 24, 2007, 06:04:28 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 24, 2007, 05:59:48 PM

Well LL what a super message adds so much to the debate, the forum is lucky to have such a cunning* word smith like yourself

*= Baldrick levels of  cunning

What just like your post just now added so much too?

You'll Never Walk Alone.