should we just sell croker to the fai and build a new stadium in Athlone

Started by small white mayoman, August 21, 2007, 04:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnevin

Quote from: small white mayoman on August 22, 2007, 11:49:51 AM
Quote from: orangeman on August 22, 2007, 11:38:09 AM
You're taking the piss on this thread !

i was taking the piss about selling croke park,but something needs to be done about developing other grounds around the provinces so that they can hold crowds of 40 to 50 thousand.I know its every players dream to play in croke park but the place needs to be nealry full to generate a real athmosphere, look at thurles for the hurling the athmosphere is unreal i'm sure the hurlers would rather play there that in croke park with a crowd of 35 to 40 thousand

Not trying to start anything here but
We have Croker, Navan in Leinster
Gaelic Grounds ,Thurles in Munster
Casement , Clones in Ulster
Tuam Stadium, McHale Park in Connacht

Where is the need for more white elephants , The Gaelic grounds has never been sold out as far as i know
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

small white mayoman

Quote from: Gnevin on August 22, 2007, 12:06:41 PM

i was taking the piss about selling croke park,but something needs to be done about developing other grounds around the provinces so that they can hold crowds of 40 to 50 thousand.I know its every players dream to play in croke park but the place needs to be nealry full to generate a real athmosphere, look at thurles for the hurling the athmosphere is unreal i'm sure the hurlers would rather play there that in croke park with a crowd of 35 to 40 thousand

Where is the need for more white elephants , The Gaelic grounds has never been sold out as far as i know
Ye  there  are "stadiums" there but develope them,make the stadiums all seated not the f**king concrete seats that freeze the hole of ya ,real f**king seats where you pay your €20 and can sit down and actually enjoy a match.For e.g if Donegal were to meet Galway in a semi or Quarter final instead of dragging everyone up to dublin you could have the match in Catlebar for e.g .Its not like the gaa are not making the money   
All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007

Gnevin

Quote from: small white mayoman on August 22, 2007, 12:20:06 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on August 22, 2007, 12:06:41 PM

Ye  there  are "stadiums" there but develope them,make the stadiums all seated not the f**king concrete seats that freeze the hole of ya ,real f**king seats where you pay your €20 and can sit down and actually enjoy a match.For e.g if Donegal were to meet Galway in a semi or Quarter final instead of dragging everyone up to dublin you could have the match in Catlebar for e.g .Its not like the gaa are not making the money   
If you want proper seats I can see the advantage of that but I wouldn't be for all seater stadiums ,some people enjoy the terrace
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

From the Bunker

The reality is as Gnevin put it, the grounds around the country are white elephants. How can anybody with a level of business sence plough money into grounds that are used once or twice a year. This is not the 25 game a year premiership we a talking about. Look the Gaa are struggling to feed the monster called Croke park for 5 of the 12 months!

Tankie

Grand Slam Saturday!

Rossfan

And hopefully you will sink in said bog and not be found for 50,000 years  ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ludermor

Quote from: Gnevin on August 22, 2007, 11:47:59 AM
Quote from: ludermor on August 22, 2007, 08:13:05 AM
Gnevin,
you are the single greastest source of badwill towards dublin fans on this site. At least Tankie is on a constant obvious wind up but you are just a bitter insecure little man. Get over yourself and be happy that your team is in the semi finals and you have something to cheer about
Would you ever f**k off , you lot need no excuse to have bad will towards the Dubs you moan if players point, you tar every fan with the one bush you accuse us of all being knackers coke heads and scumbags and when i point out the bullshit excuses some people offer for getting less than 40k too a AI semi i'm bitter insecure little man ? Me thinks the accusers don't like to be accused

you lot!!! talk about tarring with the one brush . would you ever give up your fuckin crusade against the rest of the country. did you ever stop for a minute and think maybe everyone else might be right. You especiallym are doing nothing to build good wishes to the dublin team

Gnevin

Quote from: ludermor on August 22, 2007, 08:26:02 PM
Gnevin,
you are the single greastest source of badwill towards dublin fans on this site. At least Tankie is on a constant obvious wind up but you are just a bitter insecure little man. Get over yourself and be happy that your team is in the semi finals and you have something to cheer about
Would you ever f**k off , you lot need no excuse to have bad will towards the Dubs you moan if players point, you tar every fan with the one bush you accuse us of all being knackers coke heads and scumbags and when i point out the bullshit excuses some people offer for getting less than 40k too a AI semi i'm bitter insecure little man ? Me thinks the accusers don't like to be accused

you lot!!! talk about tarring with the one brush . would you ever give up your fuckin crusade against the rest of the country. did you ever stop for a minute and think maybe everyone else might be right. You especiallym are doing nothing to build good wishes to the dublin team
By you lot i mean the like of POG ,LL and Fullback here who come out with total bullshit .
I coulld be the pope's child and you'd still have a problem . All I'm looking for is a bit of fairplay but that will never happen

The Real Laoislad

If you were the Pope's child of course we'd have a problem it would be against everything the Catholic Church preaches it be a scandal bigger than Bishop Casey..OMG are you the Popes son ???
Wait till i tell everyone
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Gnevin on August 22, 2007, 09:50:16 PM
Gnevin,

What have I said that's bad about the Dubs gnevin?

By you lot i mean the like of POG ,LL and Fullback here who come out with total bullshit .
I coulld be the pope's child and you'd still have a problem . All I'm looking for is a bit of fairplay but that will never happen
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Gnevin

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 22, 2007, 10:10:49 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on August 22, 2007, 09:50:16 PM
Gnevin,

What have I said that's bad about the Dubs gnevin?

???

pintsofguinness

f**k i dont know what happened my post there - that's very strange.

I meant to say what did I ever say against the dubs?

pintsofguinness

heffo

Quote from: we are blue... etc on August 21, 2007, 04:58:53 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on August 21, 2007, 04:43:10 PM
Quote from: we are blue... etc on August 21, 2007, 04:41:51 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on August 21, 2007, 04:39:24 PM
Quote from: we are blue... etc on August 21, 2007, 04:36:21 PM
Even better, put the money into proper development of Thurles/Portlaoise/Cork/Navan/wherever into proper 40k+ venues where AI semi-finals etc. can be held. I'm sure there'd also be plenty of interested tenants.
Sure why waste money on people who aren't that interested in our games would be better spent on coaching .

What people?
The people who cant be bothered to travel to Croker , sure you could have a All-Ireland Semi final in Kerry and still only get 5k fans

You reckon that is a realistic scenario?? Explain....

22,000 in Killarney last year for the Munster final...

ziggysego

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 22, 2007, 09:59:34 PM
If you were the Pope's child of course we'd have a problem it would be against everything the Catholic Church preaches it be a scandal bigger than Bishop Casey..OMG are you the Popes son ???
Wait till i tell everyone

:D f**king brilliant mate!
Testing Accessibility