IFA begging Ireland players to play for them

Started by T Fearon, August 19, 2007, 01:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Quote from: magickingdom on November 13, 2007, 08:03:43 PM
is there any end to unionist moaning? wells wants fifa to treat the roi like every other nation yet britian gets 4 teams which he has no problem with, they then get to appoint one of 8 vice presidents and each get a seat on the international board.. how far up his arse is his head? it reminds me of jeffery donaldson demanding a 'level' playing with the republic when he was looking for 12.5% corp tax for the north without blinking an eye. what about a 'level' playing with the rest of his beloved uk? didnt enter his head. so mw/sammy/nifan/chris, serious question, is it right that britian gets 4 teams? is it right they then get to appoint one of 8 vice presidents? and is it right that each get a seat on the international board?

In a word, yes.

We set up the International Board. We admitted FIFA to it, not the other way round.

We pioneered international football matches. The first ever international match was between England and Scotland. We also pioneered international football competition. The first international competition was the British International Championship, between the four UK teams. The first ever competitive international was Ireland v Scotland in Belfast. This was all long before FIFA was set up - the four UK associations, and the four teams, predate FIFA by decades.

As for the British vice-president at FIFA - if I remember correctly this arrangement dates from 1946, when the four British associations saved FIFA from financial collapse.

nifan

Tony ive asked you before and youve never really answered
"These are all factors why I and all nationalists support the FAI team"
are you saying you only support the ROI as default due to your problems with the NI team?

That you are shunning NI and supporting a different team implies you believe NI should be your team and the ROI is a substitute

MW

Quote from: T Fearon on November 14, 2007, 01:12:35 PM
Merely staing a fact. The name of the sectarian RUC was changed to make the force more acceptable to nationalists. The name of the IFA's soccer side similarly must be changed.

The name of the RUC was changed to...the Police Service of Northern Ireland :D :D ;D :D

Keep 'em coming Tony :D

T Fearon

Being Irish, born in Ireland and resident in Ireland, I have a choice of two international football teams to support, bizarrely. One of those teams does not recognise my culture nor indeed the fact that I'm Irish at all, and uses exclusively British symbols at its events etc. Secondly for decades it tolerated unbridled sectarianism and sponsored a leading club financially that operated a sectarian player recruitment policy. Thirdly it has never made any attempt to proactively encourage support for its team from my community. For these reasons the choice is simple, due to the deliberate unwillingness of one of the associations to face facts, I am compelled to support the FAI team

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: doofus on November 13, 2007, 05:46:10 PM
how do you get onto the owc page, i tried earlier and it says i need to register. I s there any way of getting on without registering.

You need to be a member or know someone who is a member. 

Don't use your e-mail address to register because there is a risk the admins will publish it.  That's why I can't join.

/Jim.

SammyG

Quote from: T Fearon on November 14, 2007, 01:26:45 PMOne of those teams does not recognise my culture nor indeed the fact that I'm Irish at all, and uses exclusively British symbols at its events etc.
Tony

You keep making this claim and you keep refusing to back it up. Please tell us how the Irish FA refuse to accept that you're Irish and also what the exclusively British symbols are?

T Fearon

Exclusively British symbols include the bastardised Ulster Flag with British crown superimposed,unilaterally adopted by unionists as some sort of official flag of the gerrymandered statelet, English National anthem etc, all evidence that the IFA fails to face facts, that almost 50% of the population of the 6 counties are non British. Add the sectarian ban on Sunday soccer and you can see why the alienation exists. No brainer really.

MW

Quote from: T Fearon on November 14, 2007, 01:26:45 PM
Being Irish, born in Ireland and resident in Ireland, I have a choice of two international football teams to support, bizarrely.

You have the choice of 208 international teams to support, you big eejit :)

SammyG

Quote from: T Fearon on November 14, 2007, 01:40:35 PM
Exclusively British symbols include the bastardised Ulster Flag with British crown superimposed,unilaterally adopted by unionists as some sort of official flag of the gerrymandered statelet, English National anthem etc, all evidence that the IFA fails to face facts, that almost 50% of the population of the 6 counties are non British. Add the sectarian ban on Sunday soccer and you can see why the alienation exists. No brainer really.

No Tony, I didn't say go off on a rant, I asked you to list the exclusively British symbols. I take it from your ramblings that (as usual) you can't do that?

Rossfan

Quote from: MW on November 14, 2007, 01:41:14 PM
Being Irish, born in Ireland and resident in Ireland, I have a choice of two international football teams to support, bizarrely.

You have the choise of 208 international team to support, you big eejit :)

Does this apply to everyone in or from Ireland or is it just Tony ?? :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

MW

Quote from: Rossfan on November 14, 2007, 01:44:21 PM
Quote from: MW on November 14, 2007, 01:41:14 PM

You have the choise of 208 international team to support, you big eejit :)

Does this apply to everyone in or from Ireland or is it just Tony ?? :D

Everyone in the (free) world :)

MW

Tony, can I ask when emerald green, shamrocks and the Celtic cross became 'exclusively British'?

T Fearon

Tell me why, in your own words, the IFA football team attracts only monocultural unionist support, and what it is proactively doing to try and redress this?

Also MW you seem to have a problem accepting facts, like the arranged results of the North of Ireland V Scotland game at Windsor Park in 1981, and the North of Ireland V England game at Wembley in 1985, both World Cup Qualifiers, in which three of the so called four British Associations shamefully helped each other to qualify? Pity they couldn't hep each other in the Finals themselves ;D

nifan

QuoteAlso MW you seem to have a problem accepting facts

you seem to have a problem accepting what facts are...

MW

Quote from: T Fearon on November 14, 2007, 02:02:48 PM
Tell me why, in your own words, the IFA football team attracts only monocultural unionist support, and what it is proactively doing to try and redress this?

Ah, no, Tony. Here's now it's going to work. You answer my question first. Then you earn the right to expect an answer from me.

Also MW you seem to have a problem accepting facts, like the arranged results of the North of Ireland V Scotland game at Windsor Park in 1981, and the North of Ireland V England game at Wembley in 1985, both World Cup Qualifiers, in which three of the so called four British Associations shamefully helped each other to qualify? Pity they couldn't hep each other in the Finals themselves ;D

As nifan says, you seem to have a rather shaky definition of "fact".