IFA begging Ireland players to play for them

Started by T Fearon, August 19, 2007, 01:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Applesisapples on August 20, 2011, 12:33:11 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 20, 2011, 08:09:03 AM
Quote from: red hander on August 18, 2011, 06:31:38 PM
See Eunan O'Kane's the latest to declare for his real country ... while it's doubtful Trap would pick someone playing at the level of Torquay United (unlike the pub team), this will be a real kick in the balls to Are We A Country and that eejit Armstrong

I must say its amusing to hear brits like yourself talking about players declaring for their "real country".
Sheehy no more amusing than seeing west brits like yourself licking the queens ass.

Sheehy is neither Irish nor British. He is from FoxNewsland.

He just attacked a poster for being glad he was born in Ireland.
MWWSI 2017

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: muppet on August 20, 2011, 03:22:28 PM
See Eunan O'Kane's the latest to declare for his real country ... while it's doubtful Trap would pick someone playing at the level of Torquay United (unlike the pub team), this will be a real kick in the balls to Are We A Country and that eejit Armstrong

I must say its amusing to hear brits like yourself talking about players declaring for their "real country".
Sheehy no more amusing than seeing west brits like yourself licking the queens ass.

Sheehy is neither Irish nor British. He is from FoxNewsland.

He just attacked a poster for being glad he was born in Ireland.

I attacked said poster for the hypocrisy of living in the US and yet having a go at the country/people at every opportunity.

Also, its possible to be in the political center (with a leaning toward Obama) and despise fox news and the teaparty (as I do) but at the same time despise idiots like you with simplistic, xenophobic attitudes toward the US so spare me your cheap attempts at labeling.

Mike Sheehy

Its amazing how sensitive you nordies are. You love to come on here and wrap youselves in the flag but if anyone has a pop at your false, intimidatory sense of "nationalism" you are up in arms.

oh, and btw ...Your queen is not welcome in the south ok. So keep the silly bag at home with her corgis in future ok.

town lad

When George Best kicked the ball out of Gordon Banks in 1971 hand I was there. When N Ireland beat Spain on the 25th of  June 1982 I was there. When Northern draw 0-0 in Copenhagen 2008 is was there. When Ray Houghton scored that fantastic goal in New Jersey I cheered as much as anyone  But according Ireland's finalist I am some sort of a hate filled Bigot. Ireland under the wreckers never.

borderfox

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 20, 2011, 10:46:45 PM

Its amazing how sensitive you nordies are. You love to come on here and wrap youselves in the flag but if anyone has a pop at your false, intimidatory sense of "nationalism" you are up in arms.

oh, and btw ...Your queen is not welcome in the south ok. So keep the silly bag at home with her corgis in future ok.
http://youtu.be/S-CpZ6qtnjk
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

The Subbie

Quote from: town lad on August 21, 2011, 12:14:32 AM
When George Best kicked the ball out of Gordon Banks in 1971 hand I was there. When N Ireland beat Spain on the 25th of  June 1982 I was there. When Northern draw 0-0 in Copenhagen 2008 is was there. When Ray Houghton scored that fantastic goal in New Jersey I cheered as much as anyone  But according Ireland's finalist I am some sort of a hate filled Bigot. Ireland under the wreckers never.
Er right ehhh sound  ??? ???

red hander

2003, 2005, 2008 and he still HASN'T got over it ... embrace your hurt, embrace it  :D :D

nrico2006

Not much media attention on another player following Alex Bruce.  Read about it the other day, think it is Calum Morris.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Myles Na G.

Any truth in the story circulating that Shane Ferguson has opted to play for NI after all?

Rouge_Diablo

Quote from: dec on August 29, 2011, 07:46:55 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on August 29, 2011, 07:18:51 PM
Any truth in the story circulating that Shane Ferguson has opted to play for NI after all?

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/shane-ferguson-answers-the-call-for-euro-tests-16041836.html

maybe not, strange one.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15204514.stm

Worthington angry as Ferguson fails to answer NI call

Old Nige has one thing right, its bad manners to not let him know, and is he letting everyone know that he is off at the end of the group games?

BennyCake

The southern media don't seem to understand why northern catholic lads opt for the Republic. Playing for a team that plays GSTQ and flies an unofficial flag with the crown on it and a bunch of bigoted sc**bag supporters who boo them and make death threats and allsorts, and that don't even want them in the team. Just look at what happened Neil Lennon when he played for them.

Rouge_Diablo

Benny old bean,  I may be wrong but I think someone may have beaten you to it with that insight on the situation.  ;D

Myles Na G.

Quote from: BennyCake on October 06, 2011, 05:23:11 PM
The southern media don't seem to understand why northern catholic lads opt for the Republic. Playing for a team that plays GSTQ and flies an unofficial flag with the crown on it and a bunch of bigoted sc**bag supporters who boo them and make death threats and allsorts, and that don't even want them in the team. Just look at what happened Neil Lennon when he played for them.
Why, what happened to Neil Lennon?

;)

Applesisapples

Interesting debate this morning on Radio Uladh between Cathal Dervan and the IFA's Mr Fixit Gerry Armstrong. Dervan hit the nail on the head when he pointed out that both BBC and Gerry where avoiding the sectarian elephant in the room. Armstrong failed to produce evidence of the tapping up he will allege is going on in a BBC documentary tonight.