anyone else have strange dreams

Started by small white mayoman, August 17, 2007, 11:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Quote from: Rav67 on June 14, 2008, 07:36:48 PM
I always have dreams where I'm trying to punch someone but I can barely move my arms so the punch is like a tap and I look like an idiot. 
\

Yeah i have that one plus I'm trying to run a way from someone (I'm usually pretty fast) put can't go faster than a jog.

A dream that scares the f**k outta me is been chased by squirrels.

Another one which i would call a nightmare is being in bed believing I am wide awake and someone is in room, all I can do is open my eyes. I'm completely paralysed. I wake up freaking out big style. It's a recurring dream, especially when I'm coming of a 2 or 3 day bender

gawa316

Quote from: hardstation on June 14, 2008, 11:41:48 PM
Had something similar to that last one gawa but I think I was awake. I could see everything but couldn't move. Didn't last that long.
Scary as fcuk.

Was I dreaming?

Yeah that's it ye don't know if your dreaming or not. I woke up physically shaking a couple of times

Hurler on the Bitch

Dreamnt I was a tree surrounded by naked women the other night... woke up with a big root in my hand!

gawa316

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on October 04, 2007, 10:16:46 PM
:) Last night I dreamt that I was a tree; woke up this morning with a massive root in my hand! (Eye theenk yeu!) also had I dream that I was eating a massive marshmallow... woke up and my pillow was gone!!!!!
[/quote

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on June 14, 2008, 11:53:06 PM
Dreamnt I was a tree surrounded by naked women the other night... woke up with a big root in my hand!

That must be a recurring dream your having ;)

Feck can't work out how to quote people probably

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: gawa316 on June 14, 2008, 11:34:47 PM
Quote from: Rav67 on June 14, 2008, 07:36:48 PM
I always have dreams where I'm trying to punch someone but I can barely move my arms so the punch is like a tap and I look like an idiot. 
\

Yeah i have that one plus I'm trying to run a way from someone (I'm usually pretty fast) put can't go faster than a jog.

A dream that scares the f**k outta me is been chased by squirrels.

Another one which i would call a nightmare is being in bed believing I am wide awake and someone is in room, all I can do is open my eyes. I'm completely paralysed. I wake up freaking out big style. It's a recurring dream, especially when I'm coming of a 2 or 3 day bender

Have had those two many times, also one where my teeth start falling out and crumble!
Also dream of dinosaurs frequently!!  :-\
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

No better feeling in the world then the one where you are having a really bad/sad dream then wake up and realise it was only a dream.
Tbc....

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on June 15, 2008, 12:14:45 AM
No better feeling in the world then the one where you are having a really bad/sad dream then wake up and realise it was only a dream.

Or no worse feeling in the world than the one where Halle Berry is in your bed and then you wake up and realise it's only a dream
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Rav67

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on June 15, 2008, 12:13:17 AM
Have had those two many times, also one where my teeth start falling out and crumble!

I have this dream sometimes too, apparently it's a very common dream and it means you're worried about something to do with money

Main Street

Quote from: Rav67 on June 15, 2008, 01:18:22 AM

I have this dream sometimes too, apparently it's a very common dream and it means you're worried about something to do with money
Usually it's not about money, according to my wife who knows all about these things.

ziggysego

Once had a dream about Janice Battersby. Didn't feel too good when I woke up.
Testing Accessibility

Rav67

Quote from: Main Street on June 15, 2008, 11:40:22 AM

Usually it's not about money, according to my wife who knows all about these things.

What does your wife say its about?  Curious because I do have it every now and again.

ziggysego

I had a strange dream last night.

I travelled back in time to the 80's and was sent there to investigate Margaret Thatcher and the Tory Government at the time. I managed to get myself into 10 Downing Street, working in the kitchen.

Who did I see working closely with Maggie as her advisor on Northern Ireland? None other than ONeill! His real name was Maurice Wilson. Strange one alright.
Testing Accessibility

Treasurer

Often have the teeth falling out dream myself, though not for a while. 

"Common dream scenarios include having your teeth crumbling in your hands or your teeth falling out one by one with just a light tap.�Such dreams are not only horrifying and shocking, but often leaves the dreamer with a lasting image of the dream. So what does it mean?

One theory is that dreams about your teeth reflect your anxiety about your appearance and how others perceive you. Sadly, we live in a world where good looks are valued highly and your teeth play an important role in conveying that image. Teeth are used in the game of flirtations, whether it be a dazzling and gleaming smile or affectionate necking. These dreams may stem from a fear of your sexual impotence or the consequences of getting old. Teeth are an important feature of our attractiveness and presentation to others. Everybody worries about how they appear to others. Caring about our appearance is natural and healthy.

Another rationalization for these falling teeth dream may be rooted in your fear of being embarrassed or making a fool of yourself in some specific situation. These dreams are an over-exaggeration of your worries and anxiety.

Teeth are used to bite, tear, chew and gnaw. In this regard, teeth represent power. And the loss of teeth in your dream may be from a sense of powerlessness. Are you lacking power in some current situation? Perhaps you are having difficulties expressing yourself or getting your point across. You feel frustrated when your voice is not being heard. You may be experiencing feelings of inferiority and a lack of self-confidence in some situation or relationship in your life. This dream is an indication that you need to be more assertive and believe in the value of your own opinion.

In the latest research, it has been shown that women in menopause have frequent dreams about teeth. This may be related to getting older and/or feeling unattractive and less feminine.

Traditionally, it was thought that dreaming that you did not have teeth, represent malnutrition which may be applicable to some dreamers.

It has also been said that if you dream of your teeth falling out, then it symbolizes money. This is based on the old tooth fairy story. If you lose a tooth and leave it under the pillow, a tooth fairy would bring you money."

haveaharp

I keep having dream about being on a plane thats not going to clear these buildings. Always wake up before the impact.
Other recurring one is in a car thats skidding waiting for the bang. Wake up reaching for a non existent handbrake.

Main Street

Quote from: Rav67 on June 15, 2008, 04:31:20 PM
Quote from: Main Street on June 15, 2008, 11:40:22 AM

What does your wife say its about?  Curious because I do have it every now and again.
From what I remember of the wise one's words,
she said a one off dream like that doesnt have to mean much,
but a repeated dream of your teeth falling out and crumbling is saying something.
The simplist obvious explanation is the body needs calcium so it could be related to nutrition.

The other explanations that I read in the previous post apply only if they make sense to you, that there is a situation that you need to get a grip onto but feel impotent or powerless.
You might be able to do something about the situation then again you might not.
But it is always about a situation that you know about and it is an issue.
It is not a prophecy of something that you do not know about or do not have a real fear about.
So it's not going to be a  'no one ever expects the Spanish Inquisition' type of surprise

Grinding teeth in the sleep is another issue, people grind teeth out of frustration.