Dublin v Kerry all ireland SF

Started by anportmorforjfc, August 12, 2007, 03:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUBSFORSAM1

Surely Kerry have nothing to hide by delaying the team sheets..... ;D

MauriceMalpas

Apart from satisfying my curiosity the lineup would bring to a close some of the side splittingly hilarious wind ups on here.

orangeman

Would Bryan Sheehan and Sean O'Sullivan not be certainties ?

MauriceMalpas

The Subbie

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 22, 2007, 11:58:12 PM
Quote from: Hound on August 22, 2007, 10:22:04 AM
Quote from: inisceithleann on August 21, 2007, 09:55:43 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 21, 2007, 09:41:18 PM
Quote from: Kerry Mike on August 21, 2007, 08:15:27 PM
Kerry team just named, huge surprise in the lineup, cant believe they dropped him, but as Pillar may be reading this to get some hints for his own selection, yerra I will hould off on the breaking news for now.

The Gooch I'd say, off-colour at the minute.

I'd say it was a case of The Gooch being starved of decent possession against Monaghan. As regards my prediction that its Donaghy I'm not that sure on further thought. Monaghan coped extremely well with the high ball into him, but look at Dublins defence. They weren't too hot against Derry so maybe Donaghy would be an asset to have in there.
No chance of Donaghy or Gooch not starting, injury permitting. MFR and Brosnan the "big" names who are in danger, I'd say.

I don't think the exclusion either of Brosnan or MFR would be a 'huge surprise'? Expected, rather.

After the particularly gutless display from both the last day i would be surprised if either of these two ladies make a reappearence in the green and gold this campaign.

Fuzzman

Anyone got any idea what sort of money a ticket would be on the day from a tout or from a decent Punter?

I presume they'll be some available at the right price.

Gnevin

Any sign of the Kerry team? If the Dubs named their team 15 minutes late their would be uproar  ;D
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

heffo

Any word on Galvin?

All the info from Kerry seems to be that he's defo out, which to me reads that he'll be in..

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: heffo on August 23, 2007, 01:33:35 PM
Any word on Galvin?

Insulting (good selection) or complimentary (in short supply)?  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

heffo

Fear ón Srath Bán

Rather innocuous I'm afraid, from today's Irish Times:

Kerry's All Star forward Paul Galvin is expected to recover from a bruised shoulder ahead of Sunday's All-Ireland senior football semi-final against Dublin at Croke Park.

The north Kerry native will retain his place at wing forward after responding to treatment for an injury sustained in the All-Ireland quarter-final defeat of Monaghan on August 12th.

Galvin could be joined in the Kerry attack by Bryan Sheehan, who is widely expected to dislodge Mike Frank Russell when Pat O'Shea announces a starting line-up today.

catchandkick

Kerry team looks like it could be:

Murphy

O'Mahony
O'Sullivan
M O'Se

T O'Se
Griffin
Young

Scanlon
D O'Se

Galvin
Brosnan
D O'Sullivan

Cooper
Donaghy
Sheehan

Would rather if Griffin was midfield and someone like Mossy Lyons came in wing back with Killian Young going to the corner. management made a blunder in not giving Guiney a run during league and him leaving as a result. Very good player he was unlucky there were so many good backs around duringh Jacks regime. Ditto Mossy Lyons and Fitzmaurice. Sheehan is a fantastic kicker, sweetest striker of a placed ball I've seen in a while and extremely skilful, but I still wonder if he's short a yard of pace for inter county, especially at corner forward against someone like David Henry.

Anyway, Ciarrai Abu!

MauriceMalpas

I suppose we'll agree to disagree but the Star's change worked last yr cos we mixed it up with a combo of decent long/high ball to him as well as quality ball to corners whihc relied on their movement to cause trouble. Our game was so one dimensional in the 2nd half against Monaghan (I can understand where you are coming from as a result) it played into their hands but better quality ball can ensure this is avoided. It was so hit and hope it became more and more frustration and it negates what people like the Gooch naturally brings to the game.
Also we got alot scores against Cork from hitting Star so its not all doom and gloom. Just think you're being a little extreme.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: MauriceMalpas on August 23, 2007, 02:51:20 PM
As for Donaghy, ask even the most bullish of Kerry fans about our AI winning chances last year pre Longford and they would have been cagey at best. Before this qualifier we were LACKLUSTRE at best with the Star at MF. I saw us play Tipp in Killarney and it wasnt pretty. His change to FF was instrumental to our success.

Only for a son of Tyrone eh MM?  ;) If we can furnish you with another All-Ireland perhaps then you'll call it quits!  ;D

MauriceMalpas

Quality ball=better ball coming in.

Bottom line I think its naive to dismiss a tactic that won Kerry an AI last yr on the back of a bad game.