Anyone looking to buy rolling stones tickets for slane - Sat 18th Aug

Started by lynchbhoy, August 08, 2007, 09:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

Anyone looking to buy rolling stones tickets for slane - Sat 18th Aug

I have a couple and am willing to sell for face value .
PM me.
First come first served.

T Fearon

Lynchboy looks like we are never going to meet up, remember St Pat's Day and the club finals?

Anyone else going to Slane next Saturday? I bagged 2 tickets with 25% discount as a result of my UFIrst Gold membership with Ulster Bank but am still hopeful of bagging VIP passes. ;D

lynchbhoy

might see you there Tone...
I bought 6 tickets for my wife , myself and some of her family. they also procured tickets so we have spares.
My tickets are for the front left hand side seats, apparantly nearly as good as you can get.
I dont particularly want to go. Rolling stones are ok but not my thing - but I'll be going I'd say.

lynchbhoy

I take it that no one wants these tickets then
will just have to sell them on tout-bay for an increased profit possibly...

T Fearon

Lynchboy, it will be a spectacular show, saw it last year at Twickenham..watch out for the stage with the 4 main men coming apart and alithering out literally into the middle of the crowd for a couple of songs.

Content wise it is a bit lazy, greatest hits type of thing, but still well worth seeing all the same.

I was there at Slane when they played 25 years ago, 10.50 punts for a ticket (and I recall winning those as well!)

PS Best seats are the ones on the stage itself, behind the band, where you get the same view as the band itself, but they are £300-£400. Its like a mini version of the Premium section at Croker with bars etc on the stage!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on August 09, 2007, 12:50:45 PM
Lynchboy, it will be a spectacular show, saw it last year at Twickenham..watch out for the stage with the 4 main men coming apart and alithering out literally into the middle of the crowd for a couple of songs.

Content wise it is a bit lazy, greatest hits type of thing, but still well worth seeing all the same.

I was there at Slane when they played 25 years ago, 10.50 punts for a ticket (and I recall winning those as well!)

PS Best seats are the ones on the stage itself, behind the band, where you get the same view as the band itself, but they are £300-£400. Its like a mini version of the Premium section at Croker with bars etc on the stage!

thanks Tony
I'll try to enjoy the concert, but the rolling stones will never be one of my fave groups.
As I'll be driving, there will be no booze either!

The Gs Man

I'll be there!!!!  Well hopefully, we're getting down by a Skelton Travel bus......we'll probably end up at Whitesnake or something.
Keep 'er lit

lurganblue

Quote from: The Gs Man on August 09, 2007, 08:02:00 PM
I'll be there!!!!  Well hopefully, we're getting down by a Skelton Travel bus......we'll probably end up at Whitesnake or something.

plenty of buckfast on that bus!

T Fearon

Do not even think about travelling to Slane on Skelton's Bus. I remember going to the Madonna concert on one of those buses at Slane in 2004 (ok, I won the tickets) but by the time all the eejits got back to the bus after the gig it was nearly 2 in the morning and I wasn't home until after 4am, totally knackered. The last eejit to arrive back at the bus (at least half an hour after the second last eejit did) was carrying a plastic inflatable couch that he'd bought at the gig. He explained that he used it to have a rest on the roadside on his way back to the bus and that's why he was late :-[

The Gs Man

Aye, there's some stories about Skeltons buses......but as long as I get there on time, coming home won't bother me.
Keep 'er lit

bingobus

Any joy offloading yet lynchbhoy?

Seems to be any amount of spares floating around and alot of people in two minds about going with the way the weather is.

Heading myself with a few others, not too excited about the support acts, more excited about a few pints up the town and a bit of craic. Stones on at 8, hopefully they'll be good, anyone at them before have had little complaints.

his holiness nb

So where will the Gaaboard members be drinking before the concert?
Ask me holy bollix

bingobus

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 14, 2007, 01:09:24 PM
So where will the Gaaboard members be drinking before the concert?

It will depend on the weather I suppose. Normally we'd take drink with us and drink it on the N2 approach just before the checkpoint into the town (just below the graveyard). In previous years they let you take your drink into the village but seem to have stopped this.

For U2 first day, younger crowd, this area was jammers and mighty craic. Second day for U2, older crowd and soccer on TV alot headed in earlier to the concert.

We'll prob head into the poets rest first and then do a pub crawl after that. (Not too many to get around in fairness)  ;D

his holiness nb

The poets rest is closed now Tony, the only pubs are on the main street.
The Village Inn on the square (my local) has the best guinness anyway and sponsors the local GAA side so be sure to drop in!
Ask me holy bollix

lynchbhoy

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 14, 2007, 02:07:45 PM
The poets rest is closed now Tony, the only pubs are on the main street.
The Village Inn on the square (my local) has the best guinness anyway and sponsors the local GAA side so be sure to drop in!
where is the best place to park Chief (I cant bring myself to write 'his holiness')?

Bingobus - I have given one of the tickets to yet another sister in law (think thats four of them going to the concert not inc the wife)
so am still trying to sell the last one.
I dont actually care now if I sell it or not. It wouldnt be the first time that the 'outlaws' have cost me money. If I drive, by not boozing, it will save me the price of the ticket .Who am I kidding, the drink loving inlaws will have me up to the bar buying my round (yep they're from Cavan).