Anyone looking to buy rolling stones tickets for slane - Sat 18th Aug

Started by lynchbhoy, August 08, 2007, 09:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

his holiness nb

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 14, 2007, 02:12:58 PM
where is the best place to park Chief (I cant bring myself to write 'his holiness')?

Parkings a tricky one as you cant drive inside the Village at all, depends which direction you are coming from, will you be coming from the Derry side of the N2?
Ask me holy bollix

bingobus

There is normally a few car parks along N2, drive right up as far as you can, there is normally a car park at barrier. If its wet though these may be tricky. Never too bad getting away from these car parks. Parking along the road can be problematic as Buses can often double park along side you and block you in as they wait for their pick up.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 14, 2007, 02:30:02 PM
will you be coming from the Derry side of the N2?
From Blanch ? ? ?
:D

havent decided, the 'traditional route' I take will depend on what you tell me.
I have never stopped in slane.
Never even played there. I can arrive from Navan or N2.
Was thinking of driving from Navan and getting a taxi accross and trying to book one then for later for the return journey

his holiness nb

Go from Blanch to the N2 and bypass Ashbourne.
When you get to the top of the hill just before you start descending towards the bridge, the will be lads using the nearby fields as car parks. These are local lads and the cars will be 100% safe.
You are 5 minutes walk to the village from there.

The when you are leaving you should nip out quick enough as you are on the Blanch side.

Ask me holy bollix

bingobus

In the past they have restricted access from the Dublin side of the concert into the actual village. They will try to send you on into the venue itself.

If coming from Navan you should be able to access the village. N2 (Derry side) and Drogheda will go through the village to the venue. Always good craic in Village in the build up to it.

lynchbhoy

thanks lads.
Must bring my mp3 player and hours of thrash metal to listen to while at the concert !
;)