Armchair GAA Culchies

Started by Tankie, August 06, 2007, 03:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tankie

It was funny how there was such a drop in attendance yesterday and how it happened the day of the Community Shield and Celtic kivk off their thrilling league campaign.

Well done lads, total commitment to your county ::)
Grand Slam Saturday!

GalwayBayBoy

You do realise of course that it was a bank holiday weekend when people have often made other plans weeks in advance and that the price of a ticket had gone up €10 in the space of a week?

Tankie

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 06, 2007, 03:19:03 PM
You do realise of course that it was a bank holiday weekend when people have often made other plans weeks in advance and that the price of a ticket had gone up €10 in the space of a week?

Are you bullshitting me over €10?
Grand Slam Saturday!

darbyo

QuoteIt was funny how there was such a drop in attendance yesterday and how it happened the day of the Community Shield and Celtic kivk off their thrilling league campaign.

Well done lads, total commitment to your county

This is obviously a poor attempt at a wind up and as such should be ignored.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Tankie on August 06, 2007, 03:21:04 PM

It might be OK for you emerging from your hovel somewhere in de nortside but for Cork, Waterford and Kilkenny fans having to travel all the way back to Dublin for the second weekend in a row dragging their families behind them and having to pay for them all in and feed them it's a bit more of an undertaking both financially and travel wise.

Although I'm sure if Croke Park was built in say Killarney you and 70,000 other dubs would all religiously make the journey without fail.

Gnevin

Seriously if €10 is that much of a big deal i'll expect to see you on next season's show me the money,don't worry eddie will solve all your money problems
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Tankie

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 06, 2007, 03:29:45 PM

It might be OK for you emerging from your hovel somewhere in de nortside but for Cork, Waterford and Kilkenny fans having to travel all the way back to Dublin for the second weekend in a row dragging their families behind them and having to pay for them all in and feed them it's a bit more of an undertaking both financially and travel wise.

Although I'm sure if Croke Park was built in say Killarney you and 70,000 other dubs would all religiously make the journey without fail.

firstly Galwayboy i live on the Southside of Dublin so i do have to cross the boarded to attend each game and Croker is about 1hr drive from my house on match day so Kilkenny wouldnt be much further than that! 

these people only have to travel to Croker 3 times a year, and lets not forget that this was an ALL Ireland semi final and the so-called greatest sporting event in the world! If the extra €10 hit the pocket so badly I take it these people wont be traveling to the All - ireland final as that is even more expensive.

But are you saying Man utd playing wouldnt stop the Cork crowd from traveling or are they al Life long Sunderland fans now???
Grand Slam Saturday!

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Tankie on August 06, 2007, 03:41:18 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 06, 2007, 03:29:45 PM

firstly Galwayboy i live on the Southside of Dublin so i do have to cross the boarded to attend each game and Croker is about 1hr drive from my house on match day so Kilkenny wouldnt be much further than that! 

these people only have to travel to Croker 3 times a year, and lets not forget that this was an ALL Ireland semi final and the so-called greatest sporting event in the world! If the extra €10 hit the pocket so badly I take it these people wont be traveling to the All - ireland final as that is even more expensive.

But are you saying Man utd playing wouldnt stop the Cork crowd from traveling or are they al Life long Sunderland fans now???

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. The crowd wasn't as big as the previous weekend for a whole number of legitimate and obvious reasons.

It's no different if Dublin fans had to travel 5 or 6 times a Summer down to Killarney to go to matches. The first couple of games would get great crowds out of sheer novelty value but it wouldn't take long for the amount travelling to dwindle considerably.

I doubt Man U had much to do with many people who didn't go to the games.

criostlinn

GalwayBayBoy,

You might as well ignore the idiot. You should know whats going to happen. Somebody will have a pop at the dubs because of this clowns comments, then himself and Gnevin will start whinging about how every thread about culchies turns into people slating the poor auld dubs. If the lad is too stupid to see why the attendence was down yesterday I dont think any amount of explaining will enlighten him.

ziggysego

Not a bit of wonder that Dublin gets a bad press with people like this wally.
Testing Accessibility

Rossfan

Arent the Dublin crowd great all the same?
You know some of them even live up to TEN MILES from Croke Park and they can still get there before their game is over.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Gnevin

Quote from: ziggysego on August 06, 2007, 04:07:45 PM
Ziggy your talking some shite . Typical culchie performance here lads , you know all this crap about the extra 10'er and having to travel is a load of bull so you try to dodge the issue . The real issue here is a shower of bandwagoners decide not to turn up but of course you ignore that as it doesn't suit your anti-dub agenda. Every Dublin game has its attendance analyze so what wrong with analyzing this one
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

ziggysego

Quote from: Gnevin on August 06, 2007, 04:15:56 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on August 06, 2007, 04:07:45 PM
Ziggy your talking some shite . Typical culchie performance here lads , you know all this crap about the extra 10'er and having to travel is a load of bull so you try to dodge the issue . The real issue here is a shower of bandwagoners decide not to turn up but of course you ignore that as it doesn't suit your anti-dub agenda. Every Dublin game has its attendance analyze so what wrong with analyzing this one

Wasn't talking about you and I wasn't talking about the majority of the Dublin fans. One or two bad eggs is giving the rest of the decent supporters a bad name. So Gnevin, shut your gap before your brain processes what I am trying to say!
Testing Accessibility

criostlinn

good man gnevin,

you didnt let me down.

supersarsfields

Typical culchie performance here lads

And then you cry and whing when people group Dubs all together!!  ::)