Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: criostlinn on August 06, 2007, 04:29:50 PM
good man gnevin,

you didnt let me down.

Its like taking Candy off a baby :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gnevin

Any chance you could comment about the topic of  this thread ,I know you all love the dubs so much you can't help turn every thread Dublin related but a few comments on the poor attendance would be nice
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gnevin on August 06, 2007, 05:43:57 PM
Any chance you could comment about the topic of  this thread ,I know you all love the dubs so much you can't help turn every thread Dublin related but a few comments on the poor attendance would be nice

Do you honestly think 70k+ Dublin fans would travel to Killarney or Donegal or anwhere outside of the pale if Croke Park was situated there?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

SuperSub

Gnevin if Dublin hurlers had been playing in Croke Park yesterday would Croke Park have been full to capacity?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: supersarsfields on August 06, 2007, 04:30:03 PM
Typical culchie performance here lads

And then you cry and whing when people group Dubs all together!!  ::)

They can give it but can't take it, it seems
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gnevin

Quote from: SuperSub on August 06, 2007, 05:53:55 PM
Gnevin if Dublin hurlers had been playing in Croke Park yesterday would Croke Park have been full to capacity?
This isn't a thread about Dublin , k thanks
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gnevin

Quote from: Tankie on August 06, 2007, 03:12:42 PM
It was funny how there was such a drop in attendance yesterday and how it happened the day of the Community Shield and Celtic kivk off their thrilling league campaign.

Well done lads, total commitment to your county ::)
Reposting the original post , please read it before commenting on the dubs again .

SuperSub

Quote from: Gnevin on August 06, 2007, 05:59:17 PM
This is a thread about Dublin , k thanks

Answer the question please?
Basically my point is the footballing fans from Dublin are 90% bandwagon jumpers and only go to Croker because its on their doorstep.How many of them would have went to see Dublin hurling? Not too many i'd guess.They probably will in a few years when the hurlers come good.It pisses me off with this image the Dubs Fans have of being the best fans in Ireland..BULLSHIT
It great for ye,you can get the bus into town and walk to Croke Park but what about a family from Cork with a few kids?
Cork had two matches in Headquarters this weekend on different days now that adds up to an awful amount of money

Gnevin

Quote from: SuperSub on August 06, 2007, 06:07:28 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on August 06, 2007, 05:59:17 PM
This is a thread about Dublin , k thanks

Answer the question please?
Basically my point is the footballing fans from Dublin are 90% bandwagon jumpers and only go to Croker because its on their doorstep.How many of them would have went to see Dublin hurling? Not too many i'd guess.They probably will in a few years when the hurlers come good.It pisses me off with this image the Dubs Fans have of being the best fans in Ireland..BULLSHIT
It great for ye,you can get the bus into town and walk to Croke Park but what about a family from Cork with a few kids?
Cork had two matches in Headquarters this weekend on different days now that adds up to an awful amount of money
I admit its  more costly  to head up from Cork to Dublin than from Glasnevin to Croker but your talking what 40 euro for petrol? .And of course Wexford and Kilkenny are 1000's of miles away. I don't know how many would go to see the Dubs i'm not just going to invent a figure  .The only thing i can go on is  the 9,000 in Parnell Park a wednesday nite for the U-21.

Barney

The reason why Kerry and Monaghan have to play semi-final prices and why Mayo and Laois fans had to do likewise last year was so that the Dubs can have a day on their own, of course at quarter final prices.

When Hill 16 was being rebuilt (and the Dubs have a monopoly on these cheap tickets as well) they were given reduced price tickets in the Canal.

There is one rule for some.

But it is the GAA that have questions to answer. Why isolate the people that want to see the games. A Waterford family of 2 parents and 2 children going to 3 matches over 3 weeks will have paid for petrol and food and roughly €400.00 for tickets. That is an impossible outlay in many people's budgets. 80,000paying E20 is better than 40,000 paying E40. Small mindedness will catch up with the GAA yet.

criostlinn

Quote from: Barney on August 06, 2007, 07:02:13 PM
The reason why Kerry and Monaghan have to play semi-final prices and why Mayo and Laois fans had to do likewise last year was so that the Dubs can have a day on their own, of course at quarter final prices.

When Hill 16 was being rebuilt (and the Dubs have a monopoly on these cheap tickets as well) they were given reduced price tickets in the Canal.

There is one rule for some.

But it is the GAA that have questions to answer. Why isolate the people that want to see the games. A Waterford family of 2 parents and 2 children going to 3 matches over 3 weeks will have paid for petrol and food and roughly €400.00 for tickets. That is an impossible outlay in many people's budgets. 80,000paying E20 is better than 40,000 paying E40. Small mindedness will catch up with the GAA yet.

Yes but poor auld tankie lives in south dublin, "kilkenny wouldnt be much further then that". He has to pay for gargle and any other stimulants he wishes to take to keep himself going for the day. The price of drugs in dublin aint cheap these days since that big seizure in cork. But after all this hassle himself and 82000 of his fellow county men can make it to croker without fail even when the premiership is on. Now that is commitment to the county

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 06, 2007, 05:49:38 PM

Do you honestly think 70k+ Dublin fans would travel to Killarney or Donegal or anwhere outside of the pale if Croke Park was situated there?

Your always the first to answer my posts when you don't like them Gnevin so any chance you could give your opinion on this above post that i posted sometime ago?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 06, 2007, 07:32:21 PM

Your always the first to answer my posts when you don't like them Gnevin so any chance you could give your opinion on this above post that i posted sometime ago?
Yes since 30k -40k,  travelled to thurles and tickets was a pain in the ass to get i recon so

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gnevin on August 06, 2007, 07:38:09 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 06, 2007, 07:32:21 PM

Yes since 30k -40k,  travelled to thurles and tickets was a pain in the ass to get i recon so

So 70k+ Dublin fans would travel every year and sometimes 5 or 6 times a year to Killarney or wherever ???
Are you on the wacky tabacky tonight? Do you honestly believe that
You'll Never Walk Alone.

J70

Quote from: Tankie on August 06, 2007, 03:41:18 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 06, 2007, 03:29:45 PM
Quote from: Tankie on August 06, 2007, 03:21:04 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 06, 2007, 03:19:03 PM
You do realise of course that it was a bank holiday weekend when people have often made other plans weeks in advance and that the price of a ticket had gone up €10 in the space of a week?

Are you bullshitting me over €10?

It might be OK for you emerging from your hovel somewhere in de nortside but for Cork, Waterford and Kilkenny fans having to travel all the way back to Dublin for the second weekend in a row dragging their families behind them and having to pay for them all in and feed them it's a bit more of an undertaking both financially and travel wise.

Although I'm sure if Croke Park was built in say Killarney you and 70,000 other dubs would all religiously make the journey without fail.

firstly Galwayboy i live on the Southside of Dublin so i do have to cross the boarded to attend each game and Croker is about 1hr drive from my house on match day so Kilkenny wouldnt be much further than that! 

these people only have to travel to Croker 3 times a year, and lets not forget that this was an ALL Ireland semi final and the so-called greatest sporting event in the world! If the extra €10 hit the pocket so badly I take it these people wont be traveling to the All - ireland final as that is even more expensive.

But are you saying Man utd playing wouldnt stop the Cork crowd from traveling or are they al Life long Sunderland fans now???

It takes you one hour to get from somewhere on the southside to Croke Park at the weekend, but it only takes a little more than that for someone to drive the 70 odd miles from Kilkenny to Croke Park, including the trek in from the Red Cow roundabout? ::)