Paddy Kilety in "A Night in November" in Newry this weekend!

Started by T Fearon, August 01, 2007, 11:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Full Back :D Walked into that one. However on a major diet currently, half a stone off in two weeks and a six pack by Xmas is the aim.

MW

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 02, 2007, 12:32:28 PM
Quote from: MW on August 02, 2007, 12:24:06 PM
Quote from: his holiness nb on August 02, 2007, 12:16:56 PM
AFTER YOU SAID IT WAS FALSE !!!!!!!

Said what was false? ??? 5ivetimes has never claimed there was a chant involved a two or three people.

Said the claims of 5times nephew was false!!
For f**k sake its like pulling teeth  :o
I never said anything about how many people did it, I was referring to ONE SENTENCE and you drag a petty row on for an entire morning.
As per my last post, can we get back to the play please???  >:(

I haven't said "the claims of 5times nephew" was false - I've said I think 5times himself is bullshitting. (to the extent even of inventing any sort of incident, I don't know).

nifan

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 02, 2007, 12:32:28 PM
As per my last post, can we get back to the play please???  >:(

I thought wed done that - work of fiction, out of date, writter now a season ticket holder and travels to away games

its like a tony fearon dream which should be enough to put anyone off

ziggysego

Quote from: T Fearon on August 02, 2007, 12:35:17 PM
Full Back :D Walked into that one. However on a major diet currently, half a stone off in two weeks and a six pack by Xmas is the aim.

I seen you munching into a load of crap at the Ulster Final. Must do better Tony!!
Testing Accessibility

full back

Quote from: T Fearon on August 02, 2007, 12:35:17 PM

Fair play to you Tony
No offence, but you wouldnt think it from the photo 8)

T Fearon

Ah Jaysus I'm only two weeks into it FFS.

Ziggy you won't see me eating a any more crap, are you going to Croker on Saturday? I msu be turning into a Tyronie, having attended the Donegal, and Monaghan games and now Meath. If I had to pay 35 euros for the tickets though...

his holiness nb

Quote from: MW on August 02, 2007, 12:37:04 PM
I haven't said "the claims of 5times nephew" was false - I've said I think 5times himself is bullshitting. (to the extent even of inventing any sort of incident, I don't know).

This is f**king ridiculous, can you just drop it???
Ask me holy bollix

ziggysego

Quote from: T Fearon on August 02, 2007, 12:45:14 PM

Ziggy you won't see me eating a any more crap, are you going to Croker on Saturday? I msu be turning into a Tyronie, having attended the Donegal, and Monaghan games and now Meath. If I had to pay 35 euros for the tickets though...

I shall be Tony. Will be in the Lower Cusack, at the back. What about yourself? No doubt in a Corporate Box.
Testing Accessibility

MW

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 02, 2007, 12:47:01 PM
Quote from: MW on August 02, 2007, 12:37:04 PM

This is f**king ridiculous, can you just drop it???

Sure. I stand by what I've said.

An Fear Rua

Quote from: ziggysego on August 02, 2007, 12:52:46 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on August 02, 2007, 12:45:14 PM

I shall be Tony. Will be in the Lower Cusack, at the back. What about yourself? No doubt in a Corporate Box.

He would be a safety hazzard in the stands
Its Grim up North

T Fearon

Upper Hogan, Section 536, if anyone would like to say hello, wants an autograph etc.

Looking forward to a good auld digging match all the same ;D

SammyG

Interesting reply from Mary Jones, on OWC

QuoteI have read your messages. I am the writer of Night in November. The play was written 15 years ago and was my response to sectarianism which was crippling our country and our future. There was no doubt that that night in November in Windsor was an overt display of sectarianism that shocked many people, north and south. Like the character in the play, decent genuine fans were also sickened an appalled. The play is not about the team or the fans, it is a self analysis. Although Kenneth McCallister ( the character in the play) was not singing or chanting he eventually realises that he is just as bitter and sectarian. His anger is with himself and not the boo boys at Windsor. In order to change he has to reassess his whole life which was informed by the way he was brought up what school he attended and what he thought. Windsor park was merely the catalyst for his journey As a writer, like most artists we try an hold up a mirror to our society, sometimes we fail sometimes we get it right. As an individual it is my responsibility not just to write about it but also to contribute to that change for the better.. Hence ( thanks to my son Darren) I have missed only one home match at Windsor Park since that fantastic 0-0 draw with Spain many years ago. I have been to Poland and Denmark and have booked for Spain and Sweden. For me the crack and entertainment is better than any night in the theatre that I have ever spent (including my own plays). I know many of you are saying the play is outdated. That would suggest that practically the whole canon of Irish Literature that deals with our political past is also outdated I prefer to call it history. History is what we have learnt from and the NI fans( of which I am proud to be one ) who silenced the bigots, are testimony to that fact. As for Paddy K, I cant comment on what he said to the press. All I know is that on stage he will be saying my words, and those words I can stand by.
See yis all at the next match

his holiness nb

Whatever about the arguments over this play, it does sound quite interesting.
Who has actually seen it?
Who wouldnt go?

And is there plans for it to come down here?
Ask me holy bollix

SammyG

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 02, 2007, 01:58:18 PM
Whatever about the arguments over this play, it does sound quite interesting.
It isn't, it's about as much entertainment as watching paint dry
Quote from: his holiness nb on August 02, 2007, 01:58:18 PM
Who has actually seen it?
Who wouldnt go?
Saw it the first time round and it was crap. Even ignoring all the lies (or poetic licence  ;)) it just wasn't a very good play.

his holiness nb

Quote from: SammyG on August 02, 2007, 02:04:01 PM
Even ignoring all the lies (or poetic licence  ;))

but sure isnt it meant to be a work of fiction??
Why bother then saying it was lies??

I saw the Simpsons movie at the weekend, a feckin disgrace, none of that really happened  >:(
Ask me holy bollix