Paddy Kilety in "A Night in November" in Newry this weekend!

Started by T Fearon, August 01, 2007, 11:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

his holiness nb

Well I was commenting on his nephews experience, not the claims that Windsor is not a welcoming place for Catholics.
I have never been so cant comment on that, although my relatives in Belfast would certainly be of that opinion.
Ask me holy bollix

Chrisowc

It's quite possible that 1 or 2 knuckledraggers attempted to get a chant going.  If this is true then it would have been drowned out almost immediately.  It has been good few years since I heard any of these chants having to be drowned out.

What is sad here is that this isolated incident has stopped a young lad returning to support Northern Ireland.

What is pathetic here is that this isolated incident has been turned round by a grown man to fuel his own prejudices (and hatred?) of what he perceives to be the norm.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

MW

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 02, 2007, 10:18:33 AM
Well I was commenting on his nephews experience, not the claims that Windsor is not a welcoming place for Catholics.
I have never been so cant comment on that, although my relatives in Belfast would certainly be of that opinion.

His claim was based on the "experience" (ho hum) or "his nephew", and consequently his claim that "they" sing the Billy Boys.

This would be like me taking this...

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 02, 2007, 09:55:57 AM

I've heard racist chants in Croke park before, by the odd idiot

...and saying:

"Well it is no secret that Croke Park is not a very welcoming place for ethnic minorities. With its racist chants...and general all round hatred of all things black/Asian."

"So they dont sing racist chants in Croke?
[ x] was at a game a few years back and they definitely chanted them then"

...which would be garbage.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Chrisowc on August 02, 2007, 10:22:23 AM
What is pathetic here is that this isolated incident has been turned round by a grown man to fuel his own prejudices (and hatred?) of what he perceives to be the norm.

So the experience of his nephew putting him off Windsor park makes him "pathetic" ?
You guys are truly the masters of spin  :D :D :D :D
Ask me holy bollix

MW

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 02, 2007, 10:25:06 AM

So the experience of his nephew putting him off Windsor park makes him "pathetic" ?

See my post above.

SammyG

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 02, 2007, 10:18:33 AM
His nephews experience was that 'they' (the crowd at WP) were singing the Billy Boys, this is clearly a lie. You've then changed this to be a remote possibility that some cnut shouted something, which is unlikely but obviously not impossible. As far as your other comment I'll be sure to let my Catholic mates and the Camogie team and all the Cliftonville fans etc etc etc, know that you say they're not welcome.  ::)

Chrisowc

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 02, 2007, 10:25:06 AM

What MW said.

his holiness nb

Quote from: MW on August 02, 2007, 10:24:42 AM
His claim was based on the "experience" (ho hum) or "his nephew", and consequently his claim that "they" sing the Billy Boys.

...and saying:

"Well it is no secret that Croke Park is not a very welcoming place for ethnic minorities. With its racist chants...and general all round hatred of all things black/Asian."

• was at a game a few years back and they definitely chanted them then"

Interesting Spin again, I never said anything about racist chants, thats more a soccer thing  ;)
And proves my point that these things happen everywhere occasionally and the perpetrators are idiots.
If you said you experienced it I would say that IF its true I fully condemn it.
Not I wouldnt blindy deny it never happened as thats impossible to prove!!

Although lets be honest, Windsor does have a long history of this sort of carry on.
To compare it with Croke park is just silly.
Ask me holy bollix

his holiness nb

Quote from: SammyG on August 02, 2007, 10:28:35 AM
As far as your other comment I'll be sure to let my Catholic mates and the Camogie team and all the Cliftonville fans etc etc etc, know that you say they're not welcome.  ::)

Its not up to me to welcome them or not, I have no intentions of ever going there, and therefore have no right to welcome them or not.
Its the people who do attend regularly who have to be the welcoming ones  ;)
Thats your problem not mine  :D :D
Ask me holy bollix

Chrisowc

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 02, 2007, 10:29:43 AM
Quote from: MW on August 02, 2007, 10:24:42 AM

...and saying:

• was at a game a few years back and they definitely chanted them then"

Interesting Spin again, I never said anything about racist chants, thats more a soccer thing  ;)

Aye thats right.  Spin ::)

MW

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 02, 2007, 10:29:43 AMInteresting Spin again, I never said anything about racist chants, thats more a soccer thing  ;)

Jesus. Fecking. Cleary. Are you completely divorced from reality, or can you really not remember what you've just said?? ???

I've heard racist chants in Croke park before, by the odd idiot,

FFS the above was even contained in both our quotes!!

SammyG

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 02, 2007, 10:29:43 AM
Although lets be honest, Windsor does have a long history of this sort of carry on.
To compare it with Croke park is just silly.
Truely pathetic comment. WP has been in use for about 100 years, for about 10-15 of those years it had a problem with sectarianism, at a time when the troubles were at there worst and sectrianism was rampant everywhere. 10-15 years to much but hardly a 'long history' when taken against the 100+ years that the ground has been in use, especially considering that it was only ever a small minority, even at it's worst.

his holiness nb

Quote from: MW on August 02, 2007, 10:37:17 AM
Quote from: his holiness nb on August 02, 2007, 10:29:43 AMInteresting Spin again, I never said anything about racist chants, thats more a soccer thing  ;)

Jesus. Fecking. Cleary. Are you completely divorced from reality, or can you really not remember what you've just said?? ???

Apologies, just re-read my post, it was actually racist "comments" not "chants" I heard.

Simple mistake, dont think it qualifies me for a "divorce from reality"  :o
Ask me holy bollix

his holiness nb

Quote from: SammyG on August 02, 2007, 10:38:22 AM
Truely pathetic comment. WP has been in use for about 100 years, for about 10-15 of those years it had a problem with sectarianism, at a time when the troubles were at there worst and sectrianism was rampant everywhere. 10-15 years to much but hardly a 'long history' when taken against the 100+ years that the ground has been in use, especially considering that it was only ever a small minority, even at it's worst.

Even if what you say is true, a 10-15 year period is a long period of time. To compare this to Croke Park where there has never been an issue with sectarianism is very silly.
Ask me holy bollix

MW

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 02, 2007, 10:40:46 AM
Quote from: MW on August 02, 2007, 10:37:17 AM

Apologies, just re-read my post, it was actually racist "comments" not "chants" I heard.

Simple mistake, dont think it qualifies me for a "divorce from reality"  :o

With that clarified, simply replace 'chants' with 'comments' in my example. My point is the same.