Derry v Dublin All Ireland Quarter Final

Started by SuperHans, July 29, 2007, 06:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExiledGael

Real Talk

Quote from: southderryman on August 09, 2007, 09:29:15 PM
derry unchanged for sat

Derry: B Gillis, M McGoldrick, K McCloy, G O'Kane, L Hinphey, SM Lockhart, Francis McEldowney, F Doherty, J Conway, M Lynch, P Murphy, E Muldoon, C Devlin, Paddy Bradley, C Gilligan.

I'd say wait to see the team that actualy lines out,  but if he starts that team Croz will have decent subs in K McG, J Diver, 'Skinner', Patsy B and B McGoldrick .... no not Wilkinson !!!!!

Jimbobjnr

I don't know if that will be the actual derry lineup. i dont think the correct team has been named in the paper since the antrim match.

ONeill

Quote from: Jimbobjnr on August 09, 2007, 11:58:37 PM
I don't know if that will be the actual derry lineup. i dont think the correct team has been named in the paper since the antrim match.

They were never great at the writin.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

jodyb

Quote from: ONeill on August 09, 2007, 10:08:35 PM

The Dubs have a horrendous record in recent years against 'six-county' teams in Croker.

Whats with the quotation marks oneill? What do you call where we live? Norn Iron? Well, havin said that, I suppose that aligns itself fairly well with the 'No london in tyrone' sentiment expressed so often by your fellow county 'Gaels'(quotation mark quotation mark) ;)

ONeill

Could someone explain that last post to me?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

screenexile

Think it's something along the lines of "Why are you talking about the 6 counties? There are 9 counties in Ulster... god I hate all you Tyrone hoors with your Britishness and always saying that we're from Londonderry and all! Pack of hateful jealous hoors youse the lot of ye I reckon!"

;)

lynchbhoy

Quote from: ONeill on August 10, 2007, 09:34:17 AM
Could someone explain that last post to me?

they were never great at the readin.

screenexile

Here does anyone have an IN account?

There's a great article about Derry in 1993 and about them breaking from the march before they came to the hill... will we see a repeat of this audacious move tomorrow????

Great line from Scullion too

"A lot of people say things about the Dublin supporters. I would say they are great. They are tremendous. When we came out at half-time we were defending the Hill. I had moved back to mark Vinny [Murphy].

You could hear the supporters on the Hill shouting 'Come on Vinny, Come on Vinny'. But inside of me I was saying to myself 'By God if I can help it boy, you'll not be gettin' her!'. It was great. It was fearsome."

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: ExiledGael on August 09, 2007, 10:29:09 PM
Jesus lads some battle for supremacy here before the ball's even thrown in, should be a hell of a game then so.
Fascinating battle and much tighter than the bookies have it, will have a flutter on Derry simply due to the stupidly long odds.
However Dublin could easily blow them away, but if Derry keep in touch I think they will edge out any close game. If Derry can apply pressure and ask serious questions of Dublin's mentality late on I think they'll be found wanting.
Flip of a coin, but I hope Derry can do Ulster proud

Well Dublin were under pressure late on against Meath twice and weren't found wanting!!!!! Though of course as everyone said that was cause it was a poor meath team  ;)

Gnevin

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 10, 2007, 09:57:08 AM
Jesus lads some battle for supremacy here before the ball's even thrown in, should be a hell of a game then so.
Fascinating battle and much tighter than the bookies have it, will have a flutter on Derry simply due to the stupidly long odds.
However Dublin could easily blow them away, but if Derry keep in touch I think they will edge out any close game. If Derry can apply pressure and ask serious questions of Dublin's mentality late on I think they'll be found wanting.

Well Dublin were under pressure late on against Meath twice and weren't found wanting!!!!! Though of course as everyone said that was cause it was a poor meath team  ;)
Any team dublin beats are a poor team and if we win the AI it will be a poor AI too  ::)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

bingobus

Quote from: Gnevin on August 10, 2007, 10:02:54 AM
Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 10, 2007, 09:57:08 AM

Any team dublin beats are a poor team and if we win the AI it will be a poor AI too  ::)

Well there have been a few poor All-Irelands in recent times thats ye haven't got close to. I'd say Dublin might get past Derry (would like to be totally wrong) but it will end there.

burn the hurl

Rite lads and ladies - all the talking is done!

Time to put your money where your mouth is!

Predictions.................

I'm going for a draw tomorrow with Derry winning by a point next week!!  :P

Hardy

Derry. Full back line to smother Dublin's forwards. Bradley and Muldoon too good for Dublin's defenders.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Gnevin on August 10, 2007, 10:02:54 AM

There was a great banner on the Hill during the 70s (the Decade of the Dubs). It read:

Flash in the pan?
Here we come again

:D
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8