Derry v Dublin All Ireland Quarter Final

Started by SuperHans, July 29, 2007, 06:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

offtheground

Yeah, saying as Derry won said competition last year.......... ::)

screenexile

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on July 31, 2007, 12:14:03 PM
Bogball - not sure about 15k at all......sure they had about 700-800 at Clones for the Armagh game and only about 5k tops at Breffni.....though I do know contacts in Derry who are worried they won't get tickets even after going to all teh matches!!!!!

Loup - Will be good for the Derry folk to see some hurling and realise there is more than 1 GAA game... ;)

I'd say we'll get at least 10,00 going to this match next week. That's pretty massive for a Derry support let me tell you!

As for that last comment DFS, give me a game of hurling before the Derry match no problem and I'll be only too happy to watch it but if you are trying to describe this farce between Armagh and Roscommon as a game of hurling you are sadly mistaken. Hurling is what we witnessed on Sunday past, this abomination to be played before the Derry Dublin match wouldn't even be a distant cousin of what we saw at Croker on Sunday past.

DUBSFORSAM1

Screen

To be honest if you get 10k tickets I think that is a disgrace considering the lack of support you have had in all your other matches especially as people who travel the country to go to games are going to miss out...and having been to lots of Derry matches I know 10k would be an awful lot alright!!!!

Well we had to sit through Derry last year in the hurling and that was of the same standard as what will be on show that weekend...

Kerry Mike

The GAA have confirmed that tickets placed on general sale for the Bank of Ireland football championship quarter final between Dublin and Derry on August 11th have sold out.

All other tickets for the event will be distributed through County Boards in the participating counties. It is not expected that there will be any further sale of tickets for the event as it is unlikely that there will be any returns from the respective counties.

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Bogball XV

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on July 31, 2007, 12:41:40 PM
Screen

To be honest if you get 10k tickets I think that is a disgrace considering the lack of support you have had in all your other matches especially as people who travel the country to go to games are going to miss out...and having been to lots of Derry matches I know 10k would be an awful lot alright!!!!

Well we had to sit through Derry last year in the hurling and that was of the same standard as what will be on show that weekend...
I'd be shocked if any Derry fan wanting a ticket couldn't get one DFS - seriously shocked.  If you know anyone needing one, they have to tell their local club secretary by tonight, even if they're not a club member, as long as they know a club member there shouldn't be any bother.

Bogball XV

Screen

The other thing is, how many Dubs go to away games countrywide?  When we played ye up in Clones 4 years ago, trhere weren't that many of ye up - 10/12k max?  I know there weren't many of us there either, but we were boycotting the game because of the GAA's disgraceful shenanigans concerning the venue.

Loup Bandit

Dubsforsam - My point is this, the hurling could have been played first then the minor game in which Derry are playing then the senior game. I have no problem with Hurling at all.
Being brutally honest i have no desire to see this game though but had intended on seeing the minor game in which my county are playing.

So if im going to go to see the derry minor game, it has an 11.30 start, then having to sit through a hurling game where my county is not playing to wait for the big game.

Bogball XV

Quote from: hardstation on July 31, 2007, 01:04:28 PM
In other words, important drinking time is lost.
One solution. Hip flask.
Another solution - drink at the bars inside the ground, they're everywhere now!!

Drumanee 1

Quote from: Loup Bandit on July 31, 2007, 01:00:33 PM
Dubsforsam - My point is this, the hurling could have been played first then the minor game in which Derry are playing then the senior game. I have no problem with Hurling at all.
Being brutally honest i have no desire to see this game though but had intended on seeing the minor game in which my county are playing.

So if im going to go to see the derry minor game, it has an 11.30 start, then having to sit through a hurling game where my county is not playing to wait for the big game.

early start alright for the minor match,will just have to injoy the benifits of the prem level ;D i'll be in some shape come the senior match

DUBSFORSAM1

Bogball - That is what I am telling her also....but she has had bad experiences before in terms of getting tickets....

Loup - ah sure it will give you a chance to watch a game where you don't have to worry about being badly beaten though.... ;)

nashville

Bensars - "Shouldnt be a problem now that Armagh arent there !!

Once again could those armagh people kindly cancel their reservations. The cheek of some people to book so far ahead.!!!"

we were simply anticipating Armagh hurlers making the Nicky Rackard Cup Final... the cheek of some people

screenexile

Screen

Feck that if there are 10,000 Derry fans who want to go to the match why shouldn't they??? We do get a lot of people knocking us for our lack of support but to be fair we have had a lot of people turning out this year. THere were 17,000 at the replayed Antrim match, we had a decent enough crowd for the Monaghan game, in fairness nobody went to the Armagh match but since then the support has been good with a massive crowd at Celtic park for Mayo and a decent crowd on Saturday past... long may it continue!!!

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: screenexile on July 31, 2007, 01:58:08 PM
... in fairness nobody went to the Armagh match but since then the support has been good with a massive crowd at Celtic park for Mayo and a decent crowd on Saturday past... long may it continue!!!

Sounds like a bandwagon – I thought the Dubs were the only ones with supporters like that.  ;)
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

DUBSFORSAM1

Screen - cause they are taking tickets from people who have been going all championbship...as teh comment in the Irish News today - "Derry fans only come out when there is a sniff of glory"...
I was at the replay and the beautiful day/free entry attracted lots more people but there was no way 17k Derry fans at that match...

Marty_mcd

I think a few of you mexicans should be getting off yourf high horse's and look at the facts >:(

1. Northern teams in general have the best traveling support
2. You don't see any other fan base except Dublin delaying a match because they thought "ah yeah we'll get another blue WKD before we head"
3. Don't get me started on the "heavey snow" that is forcasted for hill 16!! (you all know what i mean)
4. Another valid point is that a huge number of Derry people are now living and working in Dublin at the minute, therefore i expect a very good turn out!