Derry v Dublin All Ireland Quarter Final

Started by SuperHans, July 29, 2007, 06:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

his holiness nb

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on July 31, 2007, 10:21:34 AM
Holiness

Spent too many years travelling and playing abroad and only back here since just before Christmas and heading off again soon...

Club-members I know can't even get them....

Ah god bless the parnel pass, no more worries at this time of year  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

DUBSFORSAM1

Lucky man GNEVIN

Had account open before 10 and couldn't even get a single ticket..... >:(
If I got my hands on the people selling them on that needaticket site they wouldn't need a ticket again >:(

Loup Bandit

Anyone got any idea of what the "official" allocation of tickets will be amongst the counties?
If you lads have any contacts in Roscommon / Cork / Armagh you may be able to get tickets because Derry minors play Cork, then Nicky R Cup final between armagh and roscommon.

Thankfully i ahve tickets and all sorted! :)
Quite confident of getting more, any one wanna start the bidding....?  :D

Bogball XV

Derry should get 15,000 odd?

FFS Keaney is a better footballer than the likes of Donaghy, Moran, Quigley - but I wouldn't class him as the same type of threat to the Derry full back line as these guys - he's more mobile for a start, that can cause McCloy a different set of problems.

his holiness nb

I cant see why they wont, would 15,000 travel?
Ask me holy bollix

Bogball XV

I reckon they'd get the guts of 15,000 travelling anyway - maybe more, perhaps the lads up there can let me know if they've captured the imagination of the county yet?

his holiness nb

Imagination I dont know, but people are taking notice.
Dubs are a lot more worried now than if you told them 2 months ago they would have Derry in the 1/4 final.
Ask me holy bollix

armaghniac

QuoteDubs are a lot more worried now than if you told them 2 months ago they would have Derry in the 1/4 final.

Derry have beaten Armagh and Mayo, teams that have worried Dublin in the past. Had Armagh squeezed past Derry I would have given them every chance against Dublin at this stage.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Gnevin

Quote from: armaghniac on July 31, 2007, 11:37:16 AM
QuoteDubs are a lot more worried now than if you told them 2 months ago they would have Derry in the 1/4 final.

Derry have beaten Armagh and Mayo, teams that have worried Dublin in the past. Had Armagh squeezed past Derry I would have given them every chance against Dublin at this stage.
It's along time since Dublin and Armagh played and Mayo are  in their post All-Ireland ass handed to them slump
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

his holiness nb

Am I right in saying its 2003 since we played Armagh?

4 years is a long time and Armagh have been getting visibly worse over that time.
Ask me holy bollix

Loup Bandit

the derry and armagh game was in the melting point right until the very end, i dont see any reason why armagh could not have progressed to this stage as well, both teams were open to a lot of improvement after their provincial exits.

Bogball, not sure bout 15,000. You could be right though. Plus with derry minors playing that will help on the ticket front too. Typical GAA though, putting the derry v cork minor game on at 11.30 then the hurling game in between then the big one at 3pm! lot of derry folk will want to see the minors but its some wait through the hurling which they wouldnt be interested in!!

Gnevin

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 31, 2007, 10:26:05 AM
Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on July 31, 2007, 10:21:34 AM
Holiness

Spent too many years travelling and playing abroad and only back here since just before Christmas and heading off again soon...

Club-members I know can't even get them....

Ah god bless the parnel pass, no more worries at this time of year  ;)
Got the PP this year and foolishly offered my normal tickets to family and now have to get them tickets so in same place as last year . :'(

DUBSFORSAM1

Bogball - not sure about 15k at all......sure they had about 700-800 at Clones for the Armagh game and only about 5k tops at Breffni.....though I do know contacts in Derry who are worried they won't get tickets even after going to all teh matches!!!!!

Loup - Will be good for the Derry folk to see some hurling and realise there is more than 1 GAA game... ;)