Started by SuperHans, July 29, 2007, 06:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

his holiness nb

Oh we CAN beat them for sure.
But theres a huge difference between CAN and WILL
Ask me holy bollix

Gnevin

Quote from: balladmaker on July 29, 2007, 08:11:24 PM
I predict that Derry will humilate the Dubs in Croker.  Bradley and Muldoon to run riot.
So your saying you predict a riot  ;D
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gnevin

Quote from: Star Spangler on July 30, 2007, 09:40:52 AM
QuoteDublin are on form

In fairness Dublin haven't had to play a good team yet.  This fixture will put it up to them.
Yet Meath are being called a good team left and right and Derry didn't over impress against Laois
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Star Spangler

You're a Dub - you of all people should know not to always believe what the media tells you.

Gnevin

Quote from: Star Spangler on July 30, 2007, 11:26:18 AM
You're a Dub - you of all people should know not to always believe what the media tells you.
Its not just the larry , curly and moe from the Sunday game who are saying it  , people on this board are saying it too.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on July 30, 2007, 10:05:22 AM
Bogball.....

Ex Girlfriend is from Derry but still go to all their games with her....Will be a very interesting game alright....
Thought against Laois they were lucky that:
1 - Laois forwards were just midgets and couldn't kick the ball in long and they few times they did they caused problems...
2 - The ref certainly helped Derry out..but the better team won...
3 - They left Tom Kelly on Bradley...

Dublin won't pull out of tackles like Laois did, they will be far more physical in the contest for the breaking ball, they will be a lot better in midfield and will be physically able to handle the Derry players....

Griffen on Devlin, Henry on Gilligan should go in Dublins favour...
McConnell on Bradley advantage Derry
Casey on Muldoon advantage Derry
Cullen on Murphy, Cahill on Lynch advantage Dublin....

She must be still putting out for ya so ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Marty_mcd on July 30, 2007, 10:33:29 AM
Well you can't argue with the stats, it is a wee bit worrying that Laois were able to run so easily through the derry defence to score the 2 goals, its something that the derry management have to address, i don't think that they have missed it tho. 
yeah, but they broke through the dubs defence countless times too - just couldn't finish - infacta, I think if they'd kept their heads and not decided to go for goal from 5 mins into the second half, they might just have troubled the dubs quite a bit more.

his holiness nb

Very true they played most of the second half as if it were the last minute and they were three down.
could have taken several easy points instead.
Ask me holy bollix

orangeman

Derry to silence the Hill and go on to win - Deery in the semis !

Marty_mcd

Derry to do a tyrone, and go to the hill before it starts to warm up!  The Craic would be 90!!!

Gnevin

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 30, 2007, 11:34:55 AM
Very true they played most of the second half as if it were the last minute and they were three down.
could have taken several easy points instead.
And if they did Dublin would of went up the other end and matched them point for point but these are major if's and's here at the end of the day dublin beat them well

Marty_mcd

I Think that you are all forgetting one very important point...........  Dublin have a while bad habit of laying back for 10 15 mins near the end of every match! 

If it happens you could see some easy scores from the Oak Leafers!

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: Marty_mcd on July 30, 2007, 11:59:07 AM
I Think that you are all forgetting one very important point...........  Dublin have a while bad habit of laying back for 10 15 mins near the end of every match! 

If it happens you could see some easy scores from the Oak Leafers!

Marty

We didn't against Meath when it counted and as long as we are 8/9 points up I don't mind you getting a few easy scores... 8)

Gnevin

This will be a game about the backs
Can Dublin contain Derry's forward threat?
Will Derry's back's be a soft as they where against Laois?

Hound

The GAA have confirmed that tickets for the Dublin v Derry Bank of Ireland All Ireland football championship quarter final at Croke Park on August 11th will go on sale from 10am on Tuesday.

They will be available to purchase through the GAA website - http://www.gaa.ie/, from Ticketmaster outlets nationwide and over the phone from the GAA Ticket Office at 01 8658657 while stocks last.