Derry v Dublin All Ireland Quarter Final

Started by SuperHans, July 29, 2007, 06:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mc_grens

Just thinking, I think someone should mention the potential Dublin vs Kerry Semi-final.

In fact the more people who mention it the better... :P

Rossfan

I read something last week in some paper that the GardaĆ­ want dublin's game at 3pm.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

bailestil

Quote from: mc_grens on July 29, 2007, 08:19:07 PM
I'm going to stick with my now traditional pessimism on this one, its served me well all summer. Usually as soon as I start to get excited Derry stick the knife in my chest.

Back me up here Lynchbhoy.

I cant f**king wait though.
I'm with you on this one!
Good thing about this fixture is, no matter how much pressure/hype/expectation is on us, it won't be a drop in the ocean on what the boys in blue will be feeling!
The stage is set to find out who Derry's big guns really are!

marty88

could some one please help me, ive been to most of derrys games, league and championship, home  and away, but im not involved with any gaa clubs. I really dont want to miss this one, whats the best way i could get tickets for this game. Is this it? http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18003EF4FA3E7149?artistid=944137&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=229
"paddy bradley has got that killer instinct a forward wud commit murder for"- Mick O' Dwyer

Derry Devil

Quote from: marty88 on July 29, 2007, 09:35:46 PM
could some one please help me, ive been to most of derrys games, league and championship, home  and away, but im not involved with any gaa clubs. I really dont want to miss this one, whats the best way i could get tickets for this game. Is this it? http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18003EF4FA3E7149?artistid=944137&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=229

Sometimes Derry have them on General Sale after the clubs have got their allocation. They normally sell them in Owenbeg, keep a look out on the derry website for details!

marty88

Quote from: Derry Devil on July 29, 2007, 09:38:08 PM
Quote from: marty88 on July 29, 2007, 09:35:46 PM

Sometimes Derry have them on General Sale after the clubs have got their allocation. They normally sell them in Owenbeg, keep a look out on the derry website for details!

So that link is for a different game? Only I thought the dubs were on with the tommy murphy game.
"paddy bradley has got that killer instinct a forward wud commit murder for"- Mick O' Dwyer

Derry Devil

As far as I know Derry v Dublin is on Saturday 11th?

You will be able to get the tickets on Ticketmaster too ( http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18003EF8995422AA?artistid=957727&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=229 ) but if you get them from the Derry County Board at the general sale you'll be in with Derry ones whereas with ticketmaster it would be a mixed crowd, probably mostly dubs, not that it's a bad thing they're lovely people.

Bogball XV

Maybe Derry should throw this game - it'd be good for football as a whole to see the Dubs v Kerry in an All Ireland semi wouldn't it?

tbrick18

The match will be on the 11th with a 4pm throw in.
From a reliable source!

Hound

Quote from: tbrick18 on July 30, 2007, 12:06:48 AM
The match will be on the 11th with a 4pm throw in.
From a reliable source!
On paddypower.com, its says throw-in is at 3.30pm. The earlier the better IMO.

Bensars

Quote from: Orior on July 29, 2007, 07:00:29 PM
Where on earth will the two bus load of Derry hi supporters fit in Croke Park?

Shouldnt be a problem now that Armagh arent there !!

Once again could those armagh people kindly cancel their reservations. The cheek of some people to book so far ahead.!!!

Interesting to see how the dubs fair with this one.

Go on Doire .

his holiness nb

Very interesting game, Derry have beaten Armagh, Mayo and Laois yet havent really got the credit as each time they have been told the opposition was crap.
Dublin are on form so nows their chance to beat a form team, should be a cracker, I think both teams will be confident going into this one.

Looking forward to it.
Ask me holy bollix

tayto

Should be vey tight game, Derry seem to be playing well and improving all the time but so is this dublin team, think Caffery has slowly found our best 15 and with a reliable free taker i'm a lot more confident.

Star Spangler

QuoteDublin are on form

In fairness Dublin haven't had to play a good team yet.  This fixture will put it up to them.

Drumanee 1

this has the makings of a good game,apart from meath dublin have not really been tested yet and this will be a step up for them but unfortuately cant see past dublin.the midfield battle will not be one for the faint hearted,whelan and doherty are two hard men and when they clash expect the ground to move