The OWC mask slips - read and feel the hatred

Started by T Fearon, July 25, 2007, 10:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nifan

Quote from: T Fearon on July 25, 2007, 10:49:57 AM
NIfan, I don't think I have ever attacked any N.Ireland fan. I have attacked the FFA campaign and the IFA, with I feel, good reason.

I would be interested to hear your views on the unionist politcians who oppose the terrorist shrine yet retain membership of the Orange Order which glorifies murderers and terrorists on its banners?

Tony, you have consistently attacked NI fans. You have constantly called them neanderthals, collectively referred to them as bigots etc etc. You have also claimed "they" will never change. Please dont play innocent ::)

As for FFA, driven in large by the fans, why do you attack it? It is undeniable to anyone who has looked that it is having a positive effect.

his holiness nb

Quote from: nifan on July 25, 2007, 10:54:39 AM
You have constantly called them neanderthals, collectively referred to them as bigots etc etc. You have also claimed "they" will never change. Please dont play innocent ::)

Similar things have been said to most who dare to disagree with the OWC contingent on here, and worse.
Ask me holy bollix

T Fearon

Poots is the person who should resign, as he has misrepresented both the GAA and IFA, and has copped out. People in positions of responsibility are going to be unpopular.

FFA is not identifying the problem. As I said before if the NI Football team is taken off the radar as a totemic symbol of unionism, then the bigots who besmirch its name and reputation will simply disappear and could be replaced by a cross community element. The only way to do this is for the IFA to jettison unionist symbols. Unless and until they do this they cannot claim to be promoting FAA.The current FFA for all Campaign has attracted no significant upturn in Catholic/nationalist support for the team.

Also would you care to answer the question re terrorist shrine and unionist politicians membership of the Orange Order which glorifies terrorists on its banners?

full back

I dont normally get involved in these threads, but WTF.
Nifan, the information given out was incorrect, granted, but can you recognise how spiteful that thread is on owc? It shows a lot of owc'ers are just waiting for the chance to vent their hatred.
The hatred seeps from the majority of the posts.
When it is pointed out how the GAA favour a city stadium because of safety issues etc, some poster says the supporters can drive through the markets to get to the stadia because they wont throw stones at the GAA fans!!

nifan

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 25, 2007, 11:06:30 AM
You have constantly called them neanderthals, collectively referred to them as bigots etc etc. You have also claimed "they" will never change. Please dont play innocent ::)

Similar things have been said to most who dare to disagree with the OWC contingent on here, and worse.

By who? I dont know anyone who has labeled "gaa fans" as bigots, or refered to them all collectively as bigots.

And if they say   it are they not rightly derided.

Jim_Murphy_74

Any accusation should always be tempered with the fact that there are decent folks in all sports and all walks of life.  No doubt Fearon is going over the top.  

However there is a substantial body of contributors on a certain website who at best always think the worst of the GAA's motives and at worst are entirely bigotted.  There is another thread ongoing over there on the subject of sporting tops and some of the contributing are dripping with irony and hipocracy:  http://ourweecountry.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=18711&st=60  Note that the Sickboy is big fan of the British security forces.  No doubt if you confronted him with your repulsion at the acts of even some of it's actions, the bigot accusation would be immediately bandied about.

At least some of the contributors have the gumption to point out that it's the fact that Nationalists wear GAA jersies that is the real issue.  

The fact of the matter is that the GAA were foisted into this stadium issue and finding themselves in the situation, why wouldn't they drive for the best deal for them.   Remember too that engagement is at Central Council not Ulster council level so the argument about Sinn Féin influence is bullshít.   I don't think the GAA have made any ultimatums with regard to the Maze site, only on the size of the stadium.   Why would they want a stadium that is no bigger than what they already have?

/Jim.

nifan

Quote from: T Fearon on July 25, 2007, 11:09:52 AM
Poots is the person who should resign, as he has misrepresented both the GAA and IFA, and has copped out. People in positions of responsibility are going to be unpopular.

FFA is not identifying the problem. As I said before if the NI Football team is taken off the radar as a totemic symbol of unionism, then the bigots who besmirch its name and reputation will simply disappear and could be replaced by a cross community element. The only way to do this is for the IFA to jettison unionist symbols. Unless and until they do this they cannot claim to be promoting FAA.The current FFA for all Campaign has attracted no significant upturn in Catholic/nationalist support for the team.

Also would you care to answer the question re terrorist shrine and unionist politicians membership of the Orange Order which glorifies terrorists on its banners?

Tony, you have no knowledge of the number of catholics in attendance so are in no position to state that there has been no upturn. And your refusal to ever comment on the numerous improvements that have been made, instead sticking to your old mantras and comments of "no matter what i know things will never change" i speaks volumes for you.

As for the question, i am not a member of, and dont in fact like, the OO, dont vote for any political party (and if i did it certainly wouldnt be DUP despite what lynchboy may think) so i dont see why you would seek my opinion here.

nifan

Quote from: full back on July 25, 2007, 11:10:36 AM
Nifan, the information given out was incorrect, granted, but can you recognise how spiteful that thread is on owc? It shows a lot of owc'ers are just waiting for the chance to vent their hatred.
The hatred seeps from the majority of the posts.
When it is pointed out how the GAA favour a city stadium because of safety issues etc, some poster says the supporters can drive through the markets to get to the stadia because they wont throw stones at the GAA fans!!

full back, i accept the spite of some - there are people who dislike the gaa to various levels, including despise.
I have pulled people on it numerous times on OWC, as im sure anyone who knows my username there can testify,

I didnt see the comments about the markets personally but i assume its a crack at the fact that wee hoods line up to stone NI fans there after games.

his holiness nb

Quote from: nifan on July 25, 2007, 11:12:17 AM
Quote from: his holiness nb on July 25, 2007, 11:06:30 AM

By who? I dont know anyone who has labeled "gaa fans" as bigots, or refered to them all collectively as bigots.

And if they say   it are they not rightly derided.

Of course they are derided, as we would be on OWC if we went on there abusing them. Doesnt make it right though.
You know who they are Nifan, and before you ask no I wont trawl through their hundreds of posts for examples.
In fairness you are not one of them.
Ask me holy bollix

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on July 25, 2007, 11:14:11 AM

There is another thread ongoing over there on the subject of sporting tops and some of the contributing are dripping with irony and hipocracy:  http://ourweecountry.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=18711&st=60  Note that the Sickboy is big fan of the British security forces.  No doubt if you confronted him with your repulsion at the acts of even some of it's actions, the bigot accusation would be immediately bandied about.

At least some of the contributors have the gumption to point out that it's the fact that Nationalists wear GAA jersies that is the real issue.  

I have a few other county jerseys apart from the Armagh one (aye, so it didn't get too much wearing this year) but I'd only wear them when abroad in London or Spain etc; - purely to identify myself as Irish to anyone.

I wouldn't wear a Tyrone top, mind.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Golden Boy
 View Member Profile   Yesterday, 10:45 PM Post #64  

Group: Patrons
Member No.: 135

Since the sh1t about the Maze started I have given a lot of thought as to what I would do if HMG capitulated to Republicans...let's call a spade a spade here - IRA/SF are pulling the GAA's strings...bulldozed over the two other sporting bodies, erect a purpose-built gaelic stadium and told the rest of us to go to hell and like it or lump it.

Sinn Fein/GAA have now officially vetoed all Belfast sites, ergo it's the Maze or nothing as far as they are concerned...so, if HMG/Stormont and wingnut drop their collective trousers to them, claim it's "the Maze or nothing" and build a new stadium there, I have now made the decision that I will not be renewing my BB ticket and will boycott this insult to cross community sports.

The Maze can go to Hell as far as I'm concerned...the IFA and HMG have neither balls nor any moral courage if they allow these fcukers to tell them where they won't go and, by default, coax them to build it where Republicans tell them to.  

Let Adolf Wells's new-found supporter base take up the spare seats he claims will be filled.

--------------------

"The rest of the sport later but first, Gaelic Games"

NO! to the Maze White Elephant.
25,000 seater stadium in Belfast please...size (and location) does matter!

Obviously this guy is one of the main posters on OWC.

And from the famous MAC - wtf has Paul Butlers "supposed" past got to do with anything!!

mac
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 50

Paul Butler, PSF, April 2007:

"no sporting venue would be built without agreement on developing the prison buildings for tourists...both the stadium and the preserved prison buildings projects are joined at the hip and must proceed simultaneously"

At the age of 17, Butler shot dead a 50-year-old reserve Royal Ulster Constabulary officer.

Thats just two quotes from 2 of OWC's most prolific posters one of whom is admin, Nifan (not having a go at you here) there are many other quotes and threads which can be posted from OWC to show the contempt and hatred that OWC have for the GAA.

Tbc....

An Fear Rua

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on July 25, 2007, 11:23:58 AM
Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on July 25, 2007, 11:14:11 AM

There is another thread ongoing over there on the subject of sporting tops and some of the contributing are dripping with irony and hipocracy:  http://ourweecountry.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=18711&st=60  Note that the Sickboy is big fan of the British security forces.  No doubt if you confronted him with your repulsion at the acts of even some of it's actions, the bigot accusation would be immediately bandied about.

I have a few other county jerseys apart from the Armagh one (aye, so it didn't get too much wearing this year) but I'd only wear them when abroad in London or Spain etc; - purely to identify myself as Irish to anyone.

What not even if GetAwaytoFuck said you could be Peter?
Its Grim up North

nifan

Quotethat OWC have for the GAA.

Again with the generalisations.

The number of posts tony has posted over the years doesnt make his opinion any more important/representative than they ever have done.

Jim_Murphy_74

"The rest of the sport later but first, Gaelic Games"

Ahem but what other attitude would the GAA take, other than the above.  We had this shíte about opening Croke Park too.  The GAA is charged with promoting Gaelic Games and getting the best for those games.  There are equivalent bodies to do the same for rugby and soccer.  They should promote their wants and needs, not expect the GAA to do it.

At the end of the day, the GAA only want a stadium in Ulster that is bigger than their exisiting one.  The probably will only use it very seldom as respective County Boards will want their grounds used where possible.  But it is their right to pursue this line, it's the only one that makes sense from a GAA point of view.

/Jim.

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Quote from: An Fear Rua on July 25, 2007, 11:28:41 AM

What not even if GetAwaytoFuck said you could be Peter?

Nah, his diving suit would be too tight for me!
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"