Out of All-Ireland...who do we get behind now ?

Started by Abble, July 19, 2007, 01:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abble

Armagh now out...so i'm getting behind Tyrone with the mum being a Brockagh woman.
She'd support Armagh to the hilt as long as they weren't playing Tyrone...won't be pulling on a red and white jersey though!!!

Uladh

Meed. We copied their brand of football after all...

inisceithleann

Gunning for Monaghan now that the Ernemen are out, but still like to see any of the surviving Ulster teams win Sam, even Tyrone, though that'll not go down well with my peers! :)
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

illdecide

As an Armagh man it has to be Tyrone, most of the mates are Ballygawley men and decent lads.

Although deep down as long as Kerry and Dublin don't win it i'll not loose any sleep over the rest of them
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Fear ón Srath Bán

Support from Armagh and Fermanagh, anyone have smelling-salts...  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Spiritof98

Anyone but Kerry or Tyrone but thats just testiment to the class they have at their disposal

Sneaky feeling Cork might win Sam,

Will follow Derry as Armagh have a recent record of being pu out by the eventual winners every year since 1999 with the exception of Fermanagh '04
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

AZOffaly

I'm behind Kerry, as I always am when Offaly are beaten (usually June :D). I'm married to a Kerry woman, and spend a lot of time down there, but even before that I've always had a major admiration for Kerry football.

Having said that I would love to see Sligo win an All-Ireland, that would be fantastic, and failing that, my third preference vote would be for the Cheeky Dubs.

goldenyears

anybody but dublin! fkn hating that lot after the goings on in this year's championship and the over-hyped press support.

i would love to see bryan cullen getting a good slap before the year is out too

i think i will be supporting tyrone...class team

AZOffaly

If Dublin win it I would be delighted for players like Bryan Cullen, Casey, Griffen, Collie Moran, Shane Ryan (a lovely lad), Conal Keaney etc etc. I'll be delighted for their true fans, and I will quicky get over the fact that the minority will also be basking in reflected glory. All Irelands are for the players and true fans, you can't legislate for hangers on and sunshine boys. And as a set of true fans and players, the Dubs are as sound as anyone else. (Not mad on Whelo and Cluxton mind you :D)

his holiness nb

Quote from: goldenyears on July 19, 2007, 01:30:50 PM
i would love to see bryan cullen getting a good slap before the year is out too

Jaysus I can think of a few players that people may have taken exception to, but why Cullen?
Is there are particular incident?
Ask me holy bollix

Uladh

If Dubin win the all ireland with casey on the team it will be a miinor miricle.

johnneycool

As big Nigel Crawford has Ballygalget blood coursing through his veins I'll go for Meath in the football

Hurling wise I hope the Deise do it, just for the change.

maddog

Would love to see a new county win it, Monaghan or Sligo would be great but i cant see it. If an Ulster team is in the final i will support them. Anyone but feckin Kerry again.

Small ball - i always like watching Kilkenny but would like Waterford to do it this year. Anyone but Cork.

Uladh

Quote from: 5iveTimes on July 19, 2007, 01:51:05 PM
Now that Armagh are history and 2002 is a mere memory I can relax and enjoy the rest of the football.

Nice to know we an still provide a bit of entertainment and interest to the football underclasses