Out of All-Ireland...who do we get behind now ?

Started by Abble, July 19, 2007, 01:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Uladh...calm down now...you're still getting mixed up betwen myself and 5 Times...and you're still biting....and I think you will find that both the Wobbler and Goldenyears both consider Ronan Murtagh to be a very good footballer..

oh and by the way nrico2006 when and where the fcuk did I mention Brian Dooher??
The Aristocrat Years

Uladh

Quote from: 5 Sams on July 19, 2007, 02:43:22 PM
and I think you will find that both the Wobbler and Goldenyears both consider Ronan Murtagh to be a very good footballer..

I wouldn't expect you to be able to identify the difference between the above and what i actually said.

The Real Laoislad

No one going for Laois :'( 
Ye'll be sorry we'll show ye!!!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

full back

Admire Tyrone, but because they dive so often it takes away from how good they really are, so cant get behind them. Kerry dont need any support because they will probably win anyway. The Dubs fans & media get a hard on once they win a game in Leinster so a big no no.
Am torn between Sligo & Derry.

his holiness nb

Quote from: full back on July 19, 2007, 02:59:10 PM
The Dubs fans & media get a hard on once they win a game in Leinster so a big no no.

One of the myths of the gaaboard  ::) and GAA fans in general.
I suppose its just something the non Dubs like to believe but if you look through all posts from the Dubs on here you will find a very small perecentage saying we are going to win the AI.

Regarding the media, thats true, but its probably more of a hindrance than anything else to the team.
Ask me holy bollix

full back

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 19, 2007, 03:04:01 PM
Quote from: full back on July 19, 2007, 02:59:10 PM
The Dubs fans & media get a hard on once they win a game in Leinster so a big no no.

One of the myths of the gaaboard  ::) and GAA fans in general.
I suppose its just something the non Dubs like to believe but if you look through all posts from the Dubs on here you will find a very small perecentage saying we are going to win the AI.

Regarding the media, thats true, but its probably more of a hindrance than anything else to the team.

I didnt say anyone said they were going to win an AI your holiness ;)

Fishead_Sam

As a Mayoman I will be getting behind

Sligo, Galway & Monaghan in football

Waterford in hurling,
would back Galway, Wexford & Clare but I think they are in a hopeless situation, would not mind seeing Tipp win, if it comes down to Cork V Kilkenny I'll go with Cork coz I have loads of friends from there.

his holiness nb

Quote from: full back on July 19, 2007, 03:06:13 PM

Oh, did you mean actual physical hard ons as opposed to metaphorical ones?

Jesus it would be fiece uncomfortable squeezing off the hill in that case  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

full back

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 19, 2007, 03:13:43 PM

Oh Im sure you could all slip into each other and go off the hill single file ;)

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: full back on July 19, 2007, 03:15:13 PM
Quote from: his holiness nb on July 19, 2007, 03:13:43 PM

Oh Im sure you could all slip into each other and go off the hill single file ;)

Gnevin won't like to hear that :-\
You'll Never Walk Alone.

his holiness nb

Quote from: full back on July 19, 2007, 03:15:13 PM

[/quote]

Ah for feck sake full back  :o
Your making me nervous  :D

I suppose that answers the title question of "who do we get behind now"  8)
Ask me holy bollix

Onlooker

Would love to see Monaghan win the All Ireland and after them Sligo.  Do'nt see either of them as realistic contenders so would hope for another win for Tyrone.

Kerry Mike

If / When we are knocked out I will be going for the following if they are still standing and the reasons for supporting them.

1- Monaghan - Inlaws would be happy, and they have never won it, so it would be great for them.
2 -Sligo - Brother in Law from there, and they have never won so same as above.
3 -Galway - Another Brother in Law from there
4 -Laois - The Kerry connections , Micko, Kearns and Sheehan, also another who has never won it.
5- Louth - 50 years since they won it so its time they got another and moved ahead of Tyrone
6 - Derry - A win will take them ahead of Armagh, that has to be worth serious bragging rights in Ulster
7 - Donegal - Same as Derry
8 - Meath - Remember 2001, we do.
9 - Tyrone - 2003 and 2005 need I say more.
10 - Dublin - Jackeens have enough bleedin' support without a culchie supporting them but I would support them if they played the langers in the final.
11- Cork - yerra no Kerry man would ever admit to supporting the Langers and they have Billy Morgan, enough to turn anyone against them.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 19, 2007, 04:21:08 PM
1- Monaghan - Inlaws would be happy, and they have never won it, so it would be great for them.

Any word on that Clones report KM? Did you take any pics?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

goldenyears

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on July 19, 2007, 02:01:48 PM

GoldenYears - you mustn't like watching Cullen cause he is prepared to take a good hit as well as give it without complaint!!!!!

Dubsforsam, are you blind? Cullen is turning into a hate figure for other teams with his goading of opposition players. if he got on with playing football, then i woul dhave no problem with him....but that oul shite of running in last week with three fingers in the air and goading laois players really pissed me off. I would luv to see him getting a good slap and we will see how hard he is!