Call for a United Iberia

Started by Evil Genius, July 18, 2007, 05:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

So nationalists in this part of the island should just shut up about wanting a united Ireland, even though it's still one of the chief policies of the two major nationalist parties in this part of the island.

Croppy lie down (c) 2007
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

his holiness nb

Lads see my previous posts about Gwelytah.
An trouble making, shite talking, annoying, bigoted, bitter little ****.  ::)
Not worth debating with.
Ask me holy bollix

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

No, your holiness.

GweylTah is free to say what they believe - even if a WUM - the opinion expressed is open to debate.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

his holiness nb

I have no objections in him posting here to express his opinion no matter how wrong it is.
I'd never ask for someone to be banned for their opinion.
Similarly I'd like to feel free to express my own opinion of him and his watered down colleagues without people presuming I want them banned.
Ask me holy bollix

lynchbhoy

Quote from: GweylTah on July 20, 2007, 02:10:42 PM
Quote from: his holiness nb on July 20, 2007, 01:46:19 PM
Given that you wholeheartedly approve of our Island being partitioned I didnt think you would have a problem with that  ::)

The partition of Ireland is simply a  political and geographical inevitability and minifestation of the difference between peoples.  The same thing happened many times the world over over previous centuries. Look at Yugoslavia, mass population shifts to boot, and all within the past 15 years.

Anyway, whatever the aspirations in the future mists of time, the attitude of society / establishment in the South and of Unionists in the North is that we have a settlement in NI and within Ireland, an Agreed Ireland if you like.  Anachronists, like some nationalist warriors on this board, unrepresentative of Ireland these days, need to catch-up and get with the programme.
LMAO
:D
brilliant Gway IQ

if you keep wishing hard enough - it might never happen!
:D

Mentalman

a  political and geographical inevitability

That's the second time in as many days I've seen inevitable used completely wrongly, you should chip in with Sara Russell of Pavee Point, who thought a Romany family living in the middle of a roundabout on the M50 was inevitable, and treat yourselves to a dictionary:

inevitable : incapable of being avoided or evaded
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

GweylTah

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 20, 2007, 02:16:15 PM
Not worth debating with.

What a complete hypocrite you are, waffling on about others who 'play the man', and not the ball, then you come out with that diatribe.

When can we expect the next instalment of you saying who can and can't post here, and who should and shouldn't be responded to?

My experience here is that you don't debate or articulate opinion anyway, you just spoil, strop and spew abuse - a right Norman No-mates with little to say for himself and even less worth listening to.

If you want to ignore me, great, but let others use minds of their own, even if you haven't got one, fair enough?

::)

The strength of Unionism in Ulster and the lack of strength of it elsewhere probably always indicated that a partition of some sort would take place, and if you respect the right of Irish nationalists to opt-out of the UK, then it's rather hypocritical to deny the rights of Ulster Unionists to opt out of a separatist Ireland.  Partition was the imperfect necessity of the time.  Maybe enforced population movements, common at the time, would have acceptable then, but now we have what we have and have to make the best of it and see what evolves.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: GweylTah on July 20, 2007, 04:47:01 PM
Quote from: his holiness nb on July 20, 2007, 02:16:15 PM
Not worth debating with.

What a complete hypocrite you are, waffling on about others who 'play the man', and not the ball, then you come out with that diatribe.

When can we expect the next instalment of you saying who can and can't post here, and who should and shouldn't be responded to?

My experience here is that you don't debate or articulate opinion anyway, you just spoil, strop and spew abuse - a right Norman No-mates with little to say for himself and even less worth listening to.

If you want to ignore me, great, but let others use minds of their own, even if you haven't got one, fair enough?

::)

The strength of Unionism in Ulster and the lack of strength of it elsewhere probably always indicated that a partition of some sort would take place, and if you respect the right of Irish nationalists to opt-out of the UK, then it's rather hypocritical to deny the rights of Ulster Unionists to opt out of a separatist Ireland.  Partition was the imperfect necessity of the time.  Maybe enforced population movements, common at the time, would have acceptable then, but now we have what we have and have to make the best of it and see what evolves.

then was it hypocritical of the brit gov to refuse to allow the islamic people to set up their own parliment in England a few years back when they lobbied for this?
I aminterested to hear what you think about that...(feel free any other little members of your gang to step in as per usual and all gng up together to create a reply  ;))

anyhow gway
yer having a laff as they say  and clutching at straws...theres only one thing inevitable in Irish politics - unification !
;)

J70

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 20, 2007, 02:37:01 PM
I have no objections in him posting here to express his opinion no matter how wrong it is.
Similarly I'd like to feel free to express my own opinion of him and his watered down colleagues without people presuming I want them banned.

Why not just argue his points then instead of the constant pointless ad hominen attacks?

armaghniac

QuoteAs for assimilation vs subjugation, it always amuses me when "true Gaels" complain about the Saxon Invader etc, or point to their own "native purity" etc. After all, they are harking back to an ancestry which at some stage themselves almost certainly invaded Ireland, most likely by force, just like the hated Brits

Human life did not originate in Ireland, as far as I know. Consequently everyone is descended from someone who came here at some point. How people got here and whether they came from France or Britain or wherever originally should not be the basis of racial policies at present, there should be no place for racist "British" "Viking" "Norman" factions in Irish politics.

Quoteand if you respect the right of Irish nationalists to opt-out of the UK, then it's rather hypocritical to deny the rights of Ulster Unionists to opt out of a separatist Ireland.

There was never a widespread democratic desire for Ireland being in the UK, it was brought into the British orbit by force. If someone is forcibly kidnapped they have a right to escape from that arrangement that goes beyond their rights to leave arrangements made between equal parties.

Quotethen it's rather hypocritical to deny the rights of Ulster Unionists to opt out of a separatist Ireland.

Unionists would have a stronger case here if having used the concept of a local majority to form NI, they then denied any autonomy to local nationalist majorities in that region through gerrymandering and the like and still many still reject the right of people in Derry to name their city for example.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

magickingdom

Quote from: J70 on July 20, 2007, 06:20:10 PM

Why not just argue his points then instead of the constant pointless ad hominen attacks?

you try it j70 and see how you get on...

J70

Quote from: magickingdom on July 20, 2007, 07:19:16 PM

What are you saying? That you can't refute what he says, or that he initiates the personal attacks?

magickingdom

Quote from: J70 on July 20, 2007, 07:44:16 PM

What are you saying? That you can't refute what he says, or that he initiates the personal attacks?

what i'm saying is its not possible to have a debate with him, but you might want to try.

deiseach

The partition of Ireland is simply a  political and geographical inevitability and minifestation of the difference between peoples.  The same thing happened many times the world over over previous centuries. Look at Yugoslavia, mass population shifts to boot, and all within the past 15 years.

Quite correct. The campaign of violence that Unionism would have unleashed on these islands in the early decades of the 20th century had they not been permitted to establish their own volkstat would have made the IRA look like Hara Krishnas

J70

Quote from: magickingdom on July 20, 2007, 08:15:00 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 20, 2007, 07:44:16 PM

what i'm saying is its not possible to have a debate with him, but you might want to try.

Again, why? Is he too clever, is he dishonest, does he mainly use personal attacks?