Waterford V Cork....again!

Started by darbyo, July 14, 2007, 09:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

I suppose in some ways it makes sense to put the Waterford/Cork game on after the AI semi. Say for example the quarter final was to end level again after 70 minutes then the extra time could be played. If the quarter final is playerd before the semi final then extra time would be a huge inconvenience to both Wexford and Kilkenny in their preparation for the semi-final, warm ups etc.

Add to that the likelihood that the semi is more likely to be a one sided affair, we all hope that it isn't but both teams track record suggests that it will be.

Pull Hard Hes No Relation

Well what's the predictions for this weekend - personally I think Cork have left it behind them even though they didn't play particularly well the last day. Beleive that Waterford will now be convinced that its their "destiny" to win this year having come back from the dead like that last week - expect Waterford by three points.
Got my tickets last night, looking forward to another cracker although I think the Kilkenny V Wexford match will be a total damp squib.

Lecale2

Would you be backing Cork by any chance Pull Hard?
I'm looking forward to another cracker. The bookies have Cork favorites but I can see nothing between them. Wouldn't be surprised if there was extra time.
Any word of the teams?

maxpower

hope Waterford can do it, and it woul be incredibly hardon their season to not even make the semi's but thats exactly what i think will happen.

I just think these teams are so evenly balanced that if they plyed 100 times, there'd be forty wins each and 20 draws.  on that reckoning, they've played 4 times competitively this year and cork have failed to win any, surely they can't go 5 for 0. okay not the most compeling logic and i hope i'm wrong
What happens next????

Silky

Heart says Waterford but the head says Cork.

Sky Blue

Cork unchanged.

Two changes for Waterford - C Hennessy; E Murphy, D Prendergast, B Phelan; T Browne, K McGrath, A Kearney; M Walsh, S Walsh; S Molumphy, S Prendergast, E Kelly; J Mullane, D Shanahan, P Flynn.

Pull Hard Hes No Relation

Of course I'm backing Cork Lecale but not in the bookies! Don't know obviously my heart says and is willing Cork to win but I just feel its Waterford's year. To be honest I won't be too upset if Waterford win as there is little doubt that this particular team deserve an All Ireland. In saying that was speaking to Ogie and Sully during the week and the Cork lads are certainly fired up for this one. Expect another cracker which should make up for the disappointment of watching Kilkenny wipe the floor again with Wexford.  ;)

Croí na hÉireann

Heart says Waterford but more importantly so does the head.  Come on the Deise...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

robinbanks

Both teams will have there usual purple patch,however i expect the Deise to be on top by 4/5 points with couple of minutes to go and Cork throwing everything they got at them, but the Deise to prevail.

TBT

I expect Cork to finish the job Sunday. Waterford not Cork blew it last Sunday. With the dominance of Mcgrath and Browne in the second half Waterford should have been out the gate with 10 mins to go. Eoin Kelly has done sfa to over the last 2 yrs to suggest he'll be any better Sunday. The Waterford fullback line is the weakest line, by far, of any line of the remaining sides. Cork by 5.

robinbanks

Waterford hadnt played in three weeks and last weeks game will bring them on a tonne.The reason Cork were going mad after the match is that they knew Waterford were after havin a bad day and that Cork had played to there best.The momentum is now with Waterford and i think if they defeat Cork this Sunday,  Cork  wont win anything for along time and will go through a barron spell which usually follows success.

didlyi

There is little or nothing between these teams in terms of hurling ability. Before I say anymore may I thank these teams for the fantastic entertainment they have given us this decade-unrivaled. This game is down to what they call "bottle". And Cork have more of that!

Christ I hope Im wrong!

heurebag

cork by 4 points, i heard ronan curran was out on the booze after the match on sun??

Silky

Really looking forward to this game hugely. Waterford can win it if they tighten up their shooting and make better use of their strenghts. Use Shannaghan better. But I think their run is over and I reckon Cork will be too cute for them and will win by 5-6 pts pulling up. Cork haven't really hurled wll so far this year but there were signs last week that they were starting to hurl the way we all know they can. I expect the improvement to contine this afternoon with big games from Sean Og, Joe D and Gardiner. Joe Deane to score the first goal @ 8/1 looks like good value.

darbyo

QuoteCork will be too cute for them and will win by 5-6 pts pulling up.

"Pulling up".... there has been nothing between these sides over the last 3/4 years, whatever team wins won't do it pulling up. New management with a different hurling philosophy might make this Cork team more vunerable than previous years. Waterford have improved over the last few years and can now win even when their main men aren't firing on all cylinders. Nothing between them and Cork are probably due a win over Waterford this year but I'll still go for the blaa boys by 2.