Waterford V Cork....again!

Started by darbyo, July 14, 2007, 09:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Please God let Waterford win this game. What good is it beating Cork twice already and them still in it. Come on Waterford, do us all a favour and beat Cork!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Waterford Lurker

Hope we can do it.....we could do with a rub of the green in Croke Park after our last few times (excluding Tipp game last year)
twill be a feckin wet day again....bollocks
Up the Déise

maxpower

what ould be the odds of both cork and kilkenny exiting the championship in July.  it is possible and would be great for this years championship
What happens next????

Bogball XV

who scored waterford's second goal?

tyroneboi

Jesus what a finish - what a game!!!

ExiledGael

Result info quick? Can see nothing and Aertel is slow as f**k online updating scores

Bogball XV

Bogball XV

Waterford the better side, nearly threw it all away though - 5 down with 3 mins left thanks to 2 cork goals in a few minutes around the hour mark (only time Cork were dominant in the game) - very poor defending from waterford for both, the defence parted like the red sea!!
Waterford came back at them, and goaled with a minute left, Cusack made a great save, but the rebound was finished off superbly - then as injury time was up, E McGrath ran through, went for goal, cusack again saved brilliantly - shanahan should have scored the rebound, but it was stopped, cusack evenutally lay on the ball - free in from the 21 - free pointed, game over.

Abble

no harm to cork, they know a trick or two....donal og made a great save and then followed up with another stop but he made no effort whatsoever to clear, instead taking the option to feign being hit and then lyin down with the ball.....? this is just how i interpreted that incident.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Abble on July 29, 2007, 05:41:04 PM
no harm to cork, they know a trick or two....donal og made a great save and then followed up with another stop but he made no effort whatsoever to clear, instead taking the option to feign being hit and then lyin down with the ball.....? this is just how i interpreted that incident.
Yeah, it was a definite free in - probably a penalty?  not sure of the particular rule there, it might be one of those offences that only frees are awarded for?

didlyi

Jeez, but what was eoin mcgrath doing trying to win the match for em and at the same time could have cost them the lot. Fantastic game though and a great weekends entertainment

Bogball XV

Quote from: didlyi on July 29, 2007, 05:53:33 PM
Jeez, but what was eoin mcgrath doing trying to win the match for em and at the same time could have cost them the lot. Fantastic game though and a great weekends entertainment
He obviously saw Fitzhenry being carried off the pitch shoulder high yesterday. 

SuperMac

Quote from: Abble on July 29, 2007, 05:41:04 PM

Cork will feel peed off about the ref's decision, but I have to agree, after making a fine save Donal Og didn't attempt to clear it and instead lying on it. ( If I was in that situation I would have done the same meself ! ) Waterford will feel lucky to get a second bite at the cherry, but still over the 70 minutes, they had Cork on the rack a few times and let them back in, and also some of their shooting could have been better. Instead of going for long distance points it might have been more profitable to drop the ball in around the goals. But still, aren't we lucky to get another game invovling two great teams. Fancy Waterford to sharpen their shooting and take it the next time.

Canalman

Ref imo got the last call spot on .DÓÓC made no effort to play the ball and jeez the Cork lads don't like referees giving tight calls against them. Will they go squealing to Frank Murphy to sort it out for them.
Seriously good game though and a credit to both teams.

Seriously disappointed with Lyster spouting the old barstool argument after the game that the GAA "wanted/played for the draw".

Lecale2

I thought the ref got it right. He lay on the ball. Free in. No dispute. I missed the first 10 minutes but this was a great game and probably the right result.