Waterford V Cork....again!

Started by darbyo, July 14, 2007, 09:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blacksheep

Come on Waterford - remember Brian Corcoran!
Blacksheep - a reckless and unprincipled reprobate!

ExiledGael

Any hope of a score update???
f**king aertel are still giving out the latest score from the Meath game yesterday the shower of pricks

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Bacon

Another good game and well done Waterford. Better team won. There's an All Ireland in this team.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: heurebag on August 04, 2007, 01:12:01 PM
cork by 4 points, i heard ronan curran was out on the booze after the match on sun??

Ye may hit the bottle urself after that prediction and yer spelling on the Dan thread ???

Pull Hard Hes No Relation

Well done Waterford fully deserved their victory - totally dominated the last 10-12 minutes of the game and all the substitutions seemed to confuse the Cork forward line that totally lost their way and Waterford won every break ball.
Game turned on the two goal chances that Cork missed and Waterford scored in games like this goals seal victory and that's what big Dan did again for Waterford. Genuinely hope they go on to win the All Ireland as they deserve at least one All Ireland for the great entertainment they have provided over the past ten years. The Cork V Waterford clashes have made the All Ireland series over the past few years and with the exception of Mullane's rush of blood to the head there has been little or no dirty strokes in the these games just great hurling played at incredible pace.
Would disagree that Cork will now enter a barren spell their average age is considerably less than Waterford's and similar to Kilkenny yes they have been on the road for a while but they have won three munster minor's in a row (beat by Tipp this year when going for 4 in a row) won this years Munster U21 and have qualified for the All Ireland minor this year so the flow of talent is there , without doubt one or two of the great players who have graced four All Ireland final in a row will fade into the background but the spine of the team will remain for a few years yet - Christ look at Tony Browne.
Ps - Rumour about Curran is true, at it all year.

INDIANA

i think cork are gone for  a few years - it'll take a while to bring lads through. the spine of the team should remain. but cork won't challenge kk again for at least 3 years.that's the reality unfortunatelty. they may win afew munsters but that's doesn't mean they are within 5-7 points of kilkenny -this kilkenny team is another level altogether and with the depth of talent available they'll see cork off for a while.

robinbanks

Lads this Cork team are finished.Probably take about 4/5 years for new team to come through.Waterford in fact have a lower average age than Cork/Kilkenny which was even lowered this year with introduction of Molumphy(22) and Kearney (23).How can anyone judge Kilkenny this year.The one time it was put up to them the failed against Waterford and havent faced any real serious team since.Waterford are the form team and will be getting even better with every match they get.

Pull Hard Hes No Relation

Robin Banks - I'd get the calculator out again! I think you'll find that both Cork and Kilkenny have about a 2 year lower average age than Waterford, not sure of the exact numbers but Kilkenny's is the lowest closely followed by Cork and then Waterford.

The big difference is that both Cork and Kilkenny have the conveyor belt of talent to replace their older players as time goes by and it may be that it takes Cork 2-3 years to mould a new team however the reality is that once this Waterford team starts to dip in the next couple of years they will be on a serious downward slide hence the necessity for them to win the All Ireland this year, which I hope they do.

orangeman

Waterford deserved to win over the two days I thought -

Croí na hÉireann

Thoroughly enjoyed this game, particularily given the fare that was on before it. Highlight was the Brick Walsh's catch, looked a lot better in the flesh than it did on the Sunday Game, was sitting 10m away, more Aussie Rules than hurling, fantastic. Was seriously worried in the first half, only for Dans goal I thought Cork were home and hosed, much the better team. Different Waterford in the second half, Malomphey was everywhere, Eoin McGrath great impact sub. Hope the winners next week go on to beat the Cats.

No fingers from Sully this week, didn't get any shades thrown at him either...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

orangeman

Why were there so many changes made in the last 15 minutes ? And why was O'Connor taken off ?  Injured ?

the procastenator

heard o connor was out on the lash before the waterford game