Potential New Armagh Managers (with a bit of luck we'll need one)

Started by topgun, July 09, 2007, 06:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Uladh on July 20, 2007, 01:11:19 PM
Sit down before you read this....

Three seperate, well connecte people have told me this very day that the county board are keen to have McAlinden back involved in some capacity
f**k off uladh!  That's not funny!

Bc haven't time to answer you now but I will later (always time to tell uladh to f**k off.)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

rrhf

Dosent matter who Armagh appoint - the bitchiest  supporters in Ireland will soon bring them down. 

goldenyears

allow me to butt into an armagh thread, but i have heard that mcgeeney and marsden will form part of a new mgt team, with geezer as numero uno. i have also heard that a number of senior players threatened not to play next year. is there any truth that if geezer takes over that the macs plus aidan o'rourke will be straight back into the panel??

longball

Quote from: goldenyears on July 20, 2007, 02:00:17 PM
allow me to butt into an armagh thread, but i have heard that mcgeeney and marsden will form part of a new mgt team, with geezer as numero uno. i have also heard that a number of senior players threatened not to play next year. is there any truth that if geezer takes over that the macs plus aidan o'rourke will be straight back into the panel??

Strong runours around Tyrone is that McGeeney will take over and Aidan O'rourke will be straight back in. word that oisin will not be available also!
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

bennydorano

Quote from: topgun on July 20, 2007, 01:11:06 PM
think McGeeney should stick to playin, if fit. he would stil be too close to the players at this stage, who from outside the county would u prefer bennydorano as none of the candidates from inside the county fill u with confidence

Can't honestly think of anyone, wouldn't want McHugh, reckon he's full of sh1te. Charlie Mulgrew maybe, wouldn't be the worst choice in the world. If I'd the choice of anyone in the country I'd take O'Mahoney, but it's not going to happen.

David McKeown

I have been hearing its looking John Rafferty for the job with support from McAlinden, hope not to be honest, with McCloskey now gone I can see the professional levels of training instigiated under big joe being maintained
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

loughshore lad

What about the Beefer Morrison? In what regard is held in Armagh footballing circles? I know the majority of the rest of the country thinks he is a nut case.

naka

DAVID "THATS NOT EVEN FUNNY"
tHE COUNTY BOARD NEED TO BE SENSIBLE AND CONSIDER THEIR OPTIONS,WHAT WE NEED IS A 3 YEAR PLAN WITH STRUCTURES IN PLACE TO INTEGRATE THE OLD WITH THE NEW, PETER MC DONNELL OR MG GEENEY AND GRIMLEY ARE THE BEST OPTIONS AVAILABLE

orangeman

In management I think you need to appoint a manager and then let HIM decide on his team - let the manager decide who HE wants as trainer etc etc. By imposing selectors etc it can create difficulties.

Uladh

Grimley as manager with McDonald as the right hand man and McGeeney as player coach looks like the best option to me.

rrhf

You have saved the county board some time and effort by coming up with that one. 

Uladh

rrhf

In that case get off yer arse and sort out a respectable county ground.  Golden eras over and theres no county ground in Armagh. FAI esque.

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteIn that case get off yer arse and sort out a respectable county ground.  Golden eras over and theres no county ground in Armagh. FAI esque

Nonsense, the last thing Ulster needs is another 20,000 - 30,000 ground costing millions of the Associations money to be fully utilised once every couple of years.

On the manager - I agree with Uladh, the obvious option is the best one in this situation.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead