Tattoo's

Started by The Real Laoislad, July 06, 2007, 01:50:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Na lad don't fancy the clans crest. I've had a wee look at newry ink on facebook. Some good stuff. Who do you go to?

fitzroyalty

Him in Union St. Think he done the Clans crests them others have cos saw them in his portfolio.

Puckoon

Went to pick Junior up today after work and her grandma informed me she'd dilligently spent half an hour colouring her arm in this morning. "Just like daddy".   ;D

lolafrola

Quote from: fitzroyalty on October 04, 2010, 11:33:12 PM
Him in Union St. Think he done the Clans crests them others have cos saw them in his portfolio.

Keith Girvan is his name and incase you guys don't know him he done time for being a member of the UDA so i wouldn't exactly trust him with anything republican or you could end up with a Union Jack on your back :D :D

Tattoo's are well and good at the time but after a few years majority of people regret having them done espicially as the coloured ones start to fade. Lurgan blue you could get one done on that snozzle of yours and he'd probably run out of ink :D
Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you may meet them on the way back down.

Puckoon

Quote from: lolafrola on October 05, 2010, 09:45:38 AM

Keith Girvan is his name and incase you guys don't know him he done time for being a member of the UDA so i wouldn't exactly trust him with anything republican or you could end up with a Union Jack on your back :D :D

Tattoo's are well and good at the time but after a few years majority of people regret having them done espicially as the coloured ones start to fade. Lurgan blue you could get one done on that snozzle of yours and he'd probably run out of ink :D

This kind of nonsense that gets trotted out with little or no substance to it gets my goat.

Anyone who is serious about getting tattooed should do a little research - and you'd realise that this kind of speak is just bullshit.

lolafrola

Well Puck i didn't go and do a public survey but anyone i know with tattoo's regret having them done, that is their words not made up ones from myself
Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you may meet them on the way back down.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Puckoon on October 05, 2010, 04:49:48 PM
Quote from: lolafrola on October 05, 2010, 09:45:38 AM

This kind of nonsense that gets trotted out with little or no substance to it gets my goat.

Anyone who is serious about getting tattooed should do a little research - and you'd realise that this kind of speak is just bullshit.

aye i agree with puck here i don't regret mine and i have them over 10 years thinking of getting another one soon
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Puckoon

Quote from: lolafrola on October 05, 2010, 05:00:52 PM
Well Puck i didn't go and do a public survey but anyone i know with tattoo's regret having them done, that is their words not made up ones from myself

Lo Lo Lo Lo Lola -  :)

They're all idiots then who went and got ink in their skin just to be cool - with little or no thought to the consequence, or why they were actually doing it. I am not going to argue that there are not bad tattoos, bad artists, badly run shops and poor quality ink. If you're going to do something permanent like that - do it right as you only get one shot at it. A little research goes a long way.

I've had about 33 hours of work done since I started - colours are as bright as they were 15 years ago, lines are as clear and perfect as they were when they were done. I wear sunblock on any and all that are exposed to the sunshine, my artists use top quality inks (which are evolving yearly in quality) - and I've no regrets. There are good tattoo decisions and there are bad tattoo decisions. It's not hard to make good choices. Just perhaps a little more expensive and less impulsive.

lurganblue

Easy you Lola. That conk is a feature ;)

I take it you got yours done in America puck?

vav

I'm not a big fan of tattoos but have seen some that look well. One of my friends is looking to get a tattoo done on her fingers.. now that, to me, is just tacky.. really can't see the appeal!

Orior

Scenario #1

I get a tattoo on my face that would scare the bejayus out of children or grannys. Then, while in a restaurant I'm evicted because my tattoo is making other customers feel uneasy and spoiling the experience which they are paying for. Am I being discriminated against by the restaurant? Or should the other diners just get over my scarey tattoo? Do the rights of one person override the rights of the majority?

Scenario #2

Those of you who have met me, know that I'm one ugly fecker. And I've had to live with that ever since the midwife smacked me for looking at her. Being buck ugky is why I've so many posts on a faceless anonymous message board. But anyway, I'm out having a meal, and my ugly face is upsetting other diners. So the restaurant asks me to leave. Am I being discriminated against? What about the rights of the other diners to enjoy their meal? Do the rights of one person override the rights of the majority?

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

muppet

Quote from: Orior on January 31, 2013, 12:05:21 AM
Scenario #1

I get a tattoo on my face that would scare the bejayus out of children or grannys. Then, while in a restaurant I'm evicted because my tattoo is making other customers feel uneasy and spoiling the experience which they are paying for. Am I being discriminated against by the restaurant? Or should the other diners just get over my scarey tattoo? Do the rights of one person override the rights of the majority?

Scenario #2

Those of you who have met me, know that I'm one ugly fecker. And I've had to live with that ever since the midwife smacked me for looking at her. Being buck ugky is why I've so many posts on a faceless anonymous message board. But anyway, I'm out having a meal, and my ugly face is upsetting other diners. So the restaurant asks me to leave. Am I being discriminated against? What about the rights of the other diners to enjoy their meal? Do the rights of one person override the rights of the majority?

Solution to both scenarios:

Cooking lessons.
MWWSI 2017

All of a Sludden

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Puckoon

Orior - by posturing two scenarios, I think you might know you've got a beaten docket on your hands but what the hell, I'm on overtime.

QuoteAm I being discriminated against by the restaurant?

Absolutely. They'd get torn apart if it went to the courts.

QuoteDo the rights of one person override the rights of the majority?

Poorly worded. If the customer with the tattoo is declined service for that reason alone it is an infringment of their right to not be discriminated against. The "rights of the majority" are not being interfered with should the customer with the tattoo be served. Their experience might be somewhat diminished (if they are morons), but that is no more a right they hold, than demanding that no one but the head chef cook their meal in it's entirety, or that the owner of the house themselves wait on their table in a tutu. So yes, the rights of one person should most definitely over-ride the cosmetic preferences of the majority.

Mid Louth - were you not taught that it's rude to stare? ;) In seriousness however, it isn't okay to roar across a restauraunt, and in my short few years on this earth I have seen plenty of bad manners in the food service industry. I haven't as yet seen any evidence to correlate bad manners with being tattooed.

Hardy

What about dogs? Are you within your rights to object to a dog in a restaurant?