Tattoo's

Started by The Real Laoislad, July 06, 2007, 01:50:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

I have been thinking of getting one on my shoulder for some years now,don't know why i want one but have always wanted too
I know there is a certain amount of stereotyping of people who have tattoos but i know Accountants and Gardai etc who have them
Has anyone got one or thinking of getting one?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

I have 2 - a small Celtic cross inside a tribal sun on my right shoulder and I have my first name in Hebrew script on the side of my right calf

Pay no attention to the awful white legs

mannix

I have thought about it and unless you have something really worth the embarrassment dont bother.Your name in hebrew?whats so special about that, it might as easily have been spanish,jose.I know a lad that got a big celtic tatoo after they won some competition, its on his lower arm so all can see and has caused him nothing but hassle going out at night unless he wears sleeves so whats the point.
Discreet may also be fine but then you never see it.Some people can carry it off and have no trouble, ciaran macdonald has lots of totooes but is a greaty footballer and people know he does a lot for charity organisations so he gets a pass.
Think hard about it is my advice.

illdecide

Don't do it son, i had two cut out of my arm. They were put on years ago "Celtic" and "CFC", doctor and a scalpel done the trick. After a few years of looking at the tattoo you'll be sick of it, espically when the colour fades.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

An Fear Rua

all I will say is be very thoughtful about what you might put on your body. It has to mean something everlasting to you, as you will always have it(unless you use surgery to remove). Get it somewhere discreet, I have mine at the very top of my left arm, only visible if the shirt is off or I choose to show it to someone.
Ive had it for 15 years, and enjoy it as much now as i did then. BUT Its something I know my feeling on will NEVER EVER CHANGE.......
Its Grim up North

Hound

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 06, 2007, 01:50:07 AM
I have been thinking of getting one on my shoulder for some years now,don't know why i want one but have always wanted too
I know there is a certain amount of stereotyping of people who have tattoos but i know Accountants and Gardai etc who have them
Has anyone got one or thinking of getting one?
I think you've answered your own question

the Deel Rover

i have a tattoo as well, as an fear rua said think long and hard about what you want to get tattooed and just don't go into to the shop and pick one of the designs they have,maybe have a rough sketch of what you would like done something that means something to you.Mines on my back i have it six years and i would never ever think of getting it removed
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Kerry Mike

Two men, a Yank and a Irishman are having a leak in a pub's toilet. The Yank glances accross at the other fellow and sees he has a "N" and a "Y" tattooed on his lad. "Jaysus" says he, "are you from New York too, I have the same tattoo and when I get an erection its spells out NEW YORK".  

"No" says the Irish man, "mine spells out NEWTOWNMOUNTKENNEDY"

As for Tattoos, back in the 80's I was going to put all the Kerry teams who had won All Irelands on my back, but then realised that I would soon run out of space  :P
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Gnevin

Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 06, 2007, 09:29:43 AM

As for Tattoos, back in the 80's I was going to put all the Kerry teams who had won All Irelands on my back, but then realised that I would soon run out of space  :P
You should put on a reminder that it ok to go to Croke Park before september :D
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Kerry Mike

QuoteYou should put on a reminder that it ok to go to Croke Park before september

Thats just wrong, a trip to Croke Park is a sacred pilgrimage and should only be undertaken once a year preferably on the feast of Saint Samuel Kerry de la Maguire in September, when the rewards from the Gods are at their greatest. If you go too often you just lose respect for the place and you then start arriving 15 minutes late for games and start booing the opposition and referees, and singing funny songs about some lads dressed in blue.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Rois

Honest opinion - don't like them.  Can tolerate one but multiple - no.  What happens when you're seventy and have this bluey-greeny coloured thing all wrinkled up on your skin.  I think it stems from a storyline in Grange Hill when I was growing up about a girl who got one and wanted to get rid of it. 

A girl who used to work in my firm had one on her arm - caused her all sorts of problems when it was the summer and she wanted to wear sleeveless tops as she had to cover the tattoo up when she went out to visit clients. 

Candyman

Not to everyone's liking but i think some can be great. Have one myself but is way up my arm so not often seen and isn't in everyone's face. remember seeing a brilliant tattoo a while back on a lads shoulder/back.... it was a celtic design with his childs name inside it!!! My advice is to go in and get a few ideas of what you would like?? any artist thats any good at all can even create a unique design for you or copy any emblem etc???

the Deel Rover

has any one seen the show miami ink now there they do some serious tattoos
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Gnevin

Quote from: Rois on July 06, 2007, 10:03:10 AM
Honest opinion - don't like them.  Can tolerate one but multiple - no.  What happens when you're seventy and have this bluey-greeny coloured thing all wrinkled up on your skin.  I think it stems from a storyline in Grange Hill when I was growing up about a girl who got one and wanted to get rid of it. 

A girl who used to work in my firm had one on her arm - caused her all sorts of problems when it was the summer and she wanted to wear sleeveless tops as she had to cover the tattoo up when she went out to visit clients. 
Reminds me of Grandpa Simpson . What you call this showing bart his tattoo . Bart : wrinkly gibberish !
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.