Paddy Heaney lambastes sneaky Kerry

Started by ONeill, July 03, 2007, 10:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

Is this an O'Neill windup or did he really write the article ?

If so could somebody post it. It should be a good laugh.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteAre Kerry the new England?

Are you jealous of England ?

Tony Baloney

Naw it's true bill. I don't have subs to IN Online but read it today in Heaney's Against the Breeze column.

Surely somebody has a sub to the Irish News and can post it. He basically said that because Kerry have been so successful you'd think everyone would hate them and he used the example of the success of Man Utd creating the "ABUs" Anyone But United. He reckons they aren't hated because the Kerry players and managers put on a facade of "jaysus sure I don't know how we got here this year but we're glad to be here..." and turn on the auld bluff instead of being arrogant. Heaney says this is a load of shite and Jack O'Connor's book is really what they think and that when they win Sam they go on the tear and tell jokes about the other 31 counties!

Kerry Mike

We go months without any chatter about Kerry and now every second thread mentions the Kingdom, its great. keep her lit lads.

6 weeks now for the lads to knock the shite out of each other in training against the second best team in Munster, the Kerry subs, before we face up to the next hurdle on our quest for Sam.

Quotewhen they win Sam they go on the tear and tell jokes about the other 31 counties!

Life as an animal is just one big session, as for the jokes about the other 31 counties, thats just a blatant fecking lie. I have never told a Carlow, Leitrim or Sligo joke in my life. But Ulster's 15 AI titles and Connacht's 14 now that's funny...

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Mike Sheehy

This is great !! I think I see JOC's masterstroke now. I thought his timing was bad but now realize its perfect.

The book will trigger an anti-Kerry campaign. Tyrone/Armagh  lads will be motivated but wont get the opportunity to play us for 6 weeks at least. By that time the lads will be so motivated by the anti-kerry bile they'll go through a brick wall to win the 2-in-row. Thank god Cork didnt scupper the plan but I'm sure Jack knew we'd win that one.

Jaysus, but we are cute hoors after all !

tyssam5

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 03, 2007, 11:11:16 PM
Also, looking at that clip you can see that, for all the talk, the Kerry players still manage to scrap and hold posession quite well despite intesnse pressure. Even when they lost it they won it back with a breathtaking piece of defensive play by Dara oSe followed up by a thumping hit on Cavanagh. This is the real display of class and defiance that can be taken from that clip.

I actually get quite emotional when I see the heroic defiance of the Kerry players during that clip. They went down fighting (....as opposed to Tyrone who simply went down...diving bastards!!)

So yes, thanks for sharing that oneill.

Fair enough observation, apart from your usual piece of reflexive vitriol in the last sentence. The Kerry fella who managed to duck two players trying to put him out over the line was a great bit of play, and Kerry did try as hard as they could in that game and indeed 'managed to scrap'.

Yet only one side got lambasted with the slur of 'puke football' after the game. If Kerry had taken their batin' that day and if Spillane and Sean 'change the rules' Walsh had kept it shut I don't think any of this bullshit would have started.

ONeill

Surely we're not all tight balaxes and someone has an account....
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

magickingdom

Quote6 weeks now for the lads to knock the shite out of each other in training against the second best team in Munster, the Kerry subs

classic ;D

as for 2005 i'm still pissed the ref blew it up 90 seconds early...

ONeill

You should be grateful. He stopped it from becoming a rout. We were looking to better Offaly's score against ye in 1972. Jays when you think of it, Kerry have taken some unmerciful hammerings.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

magickingdom

tell me about it oneill. all 19 ai losses have been brutal...

thebandit

Is there anyone Paddy likes/hasn't lambasted?

full back

Fcuk, he must love this craic
There is a thread deicated to him here every other week & his profile keeps rising & rising because he is controversial, a la Pat Spillane
When he goes for his next annual review he will send the powers that be a link to this site

Kerry Mike

QuoteWhen he goes for his next annual review he will send the powers that be a link to this site

Maybe if he's any good, he will get a job in a proper paper then  ;)
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football