Gaelic Gazette

Started by Kerry Mike, June 29, 2007, 12:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerry Mike

Anyone got a link to this once great site, I had in my favourites but it seems to be inactive. It was a great archive site with some great articles. Is the owner a member here?
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Bacon

I got an e mail from the owner a couple years ago explaining that he wouldn't be able to up date the site against due to a personal tragedy. He said it would be left until the provider shut it down. It looks like it has now been shut. O'Neill copied a load of the good stuff and posted it here a while ago. It was a handy site for anyone doing research.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Hardy

Yes, it's a great loss. It was run by Richard Behal and was the best collection of GAA material on line, including records, archives and original articles. Richard's family tragedy understandably meant he had other concerns than maintaining a GAA website. We can hope that the material is not lost to posterity and will become available at some time in the future.

Lecale2

It was a very useful archive. It must have taken Richard years to pull all that stuff together. I hope someone has it saved somewhere.

ONeill

Here, I found all that stuff again. Some brilliant articles. A couple of years ago I got 5 copies printed and bound - they made deadly birthday/Christmas presents for GAA-lovers. I can email anyone a copy. It's a PDF of 1305KB. If you want a copy, email me on osoneill@yahoo.co.uk and i'll send it to you as an attachment. It's 195 pages long.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

stephenite

Quote from: ONeill on October 09, 2007, 12:45:58 AM
Here, I found all that stuff again. Some brilliant articles. A couple of years ago I got 5 copies printed and bound - they made deadly birthday/Christmas presents for GAA-lovers. I can email anyone a copy. It's a PDF of 1305KB. If you want a copy, email me on osoneill@yahoo.co.uk and i'll send it to you as an attachment. It's 195 pages long.

Had that doc but the laptop died a while back and being the consumate IT pro that I am, didn't bother me hole backing anything up - email on it's way for another copy Shane - Cheers

Ball Hopper

Kerry Mike...Sent you a note there.

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on October 09, 2007, 01:02:24 AM
Pardon my ignorance but what sort of stuff was/is it? It seems good judging by what the comments are (from good, well informed posters) but I don't want to put you through the bother of sending me 195 pages of stuff in case it is wasted on me.

Tis a collection of GAA stories/poems/articles from a range of authors/journos down the years.

Alternatively you can pm me your email address if you don't want me to know your name. Isn't that right Cassie Stephenite?

ziggysego

Can you send it to me via the email on the Greencastle website? Thanks ONeill
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

john mcgill

ONeill

As I said it's a decent idea to stick it onto a memory stick or disc and bring it to some kind of office printer. Get a good hardback cover on it. Doesn't cost much and great to flick though.

Richard Behal abu!

ONeill

I never received an email from you...

ONeill